Christian Faith and Religion

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

Christian Faith and Religion are similarly not the same. Why? Religion gets people into dogmas and hates that you wonder where they all came from. Jesus was never dogmatic in any form, but walked totally in Love. The Christian faith ought to be the life of a believer in Christ without being that religious but walking in faith in all things. Both are not the same!

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But in practice they have proven notoriously difficult to separate, in real, actual people's lives

1. Andrew0208 profile image58
        Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, the idea of religion which is "man made" has caused more harm than Aids or any terminal disease to mankind. When you see people stand firm to defend, fight and even kill others in the name of the so called religion, it's a pity! Checkout the account with Jesus Christ and those evil religious men in His days; they claim to know the divinity by their appearances and upholding the laws of moses but their hearts were very far from the father of spirits(God).

Any religion is actually empty without Love. How can anyone say he or she loves God or divinity without loving the next person to him despite any differences?

1. mohitmisra profile image61
          mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True love is the bottom line, god is pure love.

2. mohitmisra profile image61

I agree with you , you have very valid  point.Many will not understand what you are saying though.

I believe it was J Krishnamurti who wrote some beautiful lines on this, the moment you say you are a Christian or Hindu or Muslim you are creating division, spirituality unites all .

3. svennyg profile image61
      svennygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes thank you Andrew, you have an excellent understanding of this principle,good hub, Chritianty is God reaching down to man, Religion is man trying to reach God with his effort.
      My view is all types of religion sucks the very life out of you. I have been teaching the word of God now for over 25 years,have founded 2 bible schools here in the UK and currently a Dean of one, I have seen 1st hand how doctrines can become dogmatic by people, Yes there are different views, but you need as a christian to be able to express your understanding freely. This is to be expressed in love. If the hearer wants to know more, they can then decide for themselves. We are to work out our OWN salvation through the Holy Spirit that lives inside of us.(meaning: like a gold mine, working out the gold) Once we learn to listen to HIM, we will be able to discern what is right for us and what is not.
      Thank you agian brother.
      Regards

1. mohitmisra profile image61

So true one needs to work out his own salvation.The prophets are guides but one needs to walk the path himself.

2. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Actually the term Christian is an umbrella term consisting of hundreds of religions who ascert to following the example and doctrines of Jesus Christ.  Religions are good for they are a system of doctrines and practices designed for a particular outcome.  The variety is good because it allows us as human beings and children of the Most High to choose for ourselves and use personal agency to decide what system is best for us - if one is chosen at all.

3. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I have posted my thoughts on this today on my hub "the night I wanted to die".....

4. goldenpath profile image67

I agree that constant debating is not of God and should be the farthest thing in a Christians mind to engage in.  Personally, that is why I refrain from a thread when I am being attacked.  It does no good and it foster discontent, hatred and ill-feelings.  We all know who authors these feelings and should be a dead giveaway to restrain ourselves when these occasions arise.

So basically, to be a Christian is up to an individual point of view and perception.  First and foremost the first doctrines to learn as a Christian is that of the eternal principle of agency or the agency to choose.  Christians have their respective sets of beliefs and doctrines but it is also up to them how they use them.  Will they use them to better themselves and families or will they use them for power to gain recognition during debates in conversations and forums?  These types of forums plague the HubPages platform which is fine and encourages this free agency.  However, it would be nice if we all exercised a greater degree of integrity and show a little more self restraint in our conversations.

1. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

In other words, ignore everyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs.

That's the point you don't seem to understand, it is your religion that fosters discontent, hatred and ill-feelings.

Yes, the authors of the bible.

Irregardless, they will be used to propagate hatred and division among men.

I doubt believers know the first thing about integrity. They wouldn't be believers if they did.

1. Davidsonofjesie profile image61
        Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

blessed are you when they revile and persecute you,and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for my names sake.

1. profile image55

Spamming the forums with scripture only demonstrates you have nothing to say.

& you are spamming the forums with your hatred of GOD because you are blind to the truth

The power of GOD explaines you to the letter

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am glad to see you are the only who see the letter in the proper context. Or did you know....the words of "GOD" from the bible are out of context and transformed them into reality all on your own? big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
              Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You cannnot spread hatred about something that isn't real. Sorry, to tell you. big_smile

2. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree smile

3. marinealways24 profile image60
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was beginning to think you were logical for a moment.

Christians shouldn't engage in debate? lol Truth is found through debate. You are saying Christians should refuse finding truth to protect belief.

You write about integrity when both truth and lies are exposed through debate. You still contradict truth?

the way of the fool is right in his own eyes

1. marinealways24 profile image60

Agreed. The way is blind and bliss.

your getting it

1. tantrum profile image60
              tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We're all getting it. We're very concerned about your blindness!

2. marinealways24 profile image60

I wanted to add. You say you are a Minister. Do you preach to people that debate is bad?

5. goldenpath profile image67

Thanks for proving my own point.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Stated.

2. profile image55

And, thanks for demonstrating mine. smile

6. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

There is a myriad of confused terminology out there in the world of theism.  Unfortunately with so many religions, doctrines and levels of understanding across our world, the confusion is perpetuated all the time.  Meet your reader where they stand, not where you stand is the first tenet of writing and should be in any type of education (including religious).  A very basic hub on two of these words...http://hubpages.com/hub/thechurch

7. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 14 years ago

I actually had this going on my mind this morning when I saw how religion has ravaged peoples mind outside the love of God. In fact this seem to have ridiculed the term "Chritianity."

Christian faith is more of the walk of God's love and of the Spirit than the canality of religion and it's associated politics.

8. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

The problem is that everyone tries to INTELECTUALIZE way too much.   The only way that anyone will understand is ... 
    as a child.

9. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

Any group with a system of belief that is adhered to as the way to God or lack thereof is a religion.

Christianity is one of the many and they are all false, for they major on the minor, while ignoring the truth altogether, or making ineffective by wrapping it up with their falsehood.

As long as there is night and day, there are going to be fights, and argument, and contention.

All who cry for peace, peace, unity, unity do not yet understand the truth and need to check themselves so as to flee from their hypocrisy.

There would be absolutely No Peace among men, until the end comes.

Do you believe this?

10. profile image50
    aljnaposted 14 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)