Best source to get huge traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (41 posts)
  1. britneydavidson profile image59
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

Well Frineds I would like to have views of all members of hubpages here so that all can share their views. Don't afraid that if your secret is disclose then you will be nowhere. There is nothing like secret in this world. The more you share the more you develop and the less you share the less you success.

I am using stumbleupon as a traffic source for my blogs and ezine articles as a source for my website.

1. spuds profile image59
      spudsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Rather than a lot of traffic you want quality traffic. My experience with Stumbleupon is, yes you can get lots of visitors but they don't click ad's or buy stuff. They visit and leave. I feel you are better off trying to get genuine search engine traffic.

2. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Good to know. Thanks for sharing. Just do a search here, I am sure you can find many more resources. smile

3. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

And does your Stumble traffic click ads?

4. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

submit the URL of your hubs manually to msn, ask.com, mixx and digg, and bookmark it with delicious, subscribe RSS to yahoo, blogline, newsgator, newsvibes etc., you will get moderate traffic and earn revenue from clicks. There is no use of huge traffic if it does not hit ads. You may get huge traffic from auto surf and exchange traffic sites but its useless as far as earnings are concerned. Huge traffic is received by photo galleries but clicks are negligible or few as people looking for images do not look at ads.

1. crashcromwell profile image68
      crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have read that there really is no need to submit hubs to these search engines, because their crawlers will find your hub. You're saying that we should submit to these sites. Have you noticed a marked increase in traffic from these sites after submitting to them? I did see traffic from mixx and digg for a while.

1. premsingh profile image60
        premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can check this from your page on traffic sources. You may not get huge traffic immediately but will notice gradual and consistent build up from these search engines. Even you will need to submit the URL's periodically but not frequently. You may not find ask.com in your traffic sources but you will get indirect traffic from this search engine.One more thing to keep in mind that wherever you submit your site it will act as a link and all links sum up as votes for the search engines. I can't say about others but I get good traffic from the above search engines and sites I mentioned.

2. ProCW profile image79
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Don't submit your hubs to traffic exchanges. Doing things like that can get your Adsense account banned. It's against the Adsense terms of service, policies, or something like that.

Just a little FYI. smile

Good luck and welcome to hubpages! smile

ProCW

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Can I ask how you do this?  Is there any easy way?

5. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Big traffic doesn't always mean best traffic.

It really is a case of quality over quantity.

6. guidebaba profile image58
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

Summary: Search Engine Traffic is the BEST Traffic. Less but Good is Better than More but Garbage. cool

7. dingdong profile image56
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Good points from everyone! cool

8. crashcromwell profile image68
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

Mark Knowles gave some sound advice on stumbleupon traffic. If you have a google analytics account, check to see how long visitors are staying in your hub. If they spend 2 seconds, it's a good bet they didn't find what they wanted. The longer they stay, it's clear that they're reading.

9. patnamohan profile image57
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Just concentrate on quality hubs....rest leave on god`s hand......

1. webismine profile image57
      webismineposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Funny lol Do you leave it on GOD's hands? tongue

1. hassam profile image74
        hassamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Digg is the best place to bring in some quality traffic, but it is important that you become an active member of the community over there and make friends, because if you have good friendship at digg you can get at times a lot of traffic from there which people tend to read.

1. shibashake profile image83
          shibashakeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, I am not sure about Digg. It gets you traffic, but Digg eyeballs almost never translates into ad-clicks and are difficult to convert to loyal visitors. At least that has been my experience, but I am new so maybe others have different experiences. Digg can also be a time black-hole.

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This corresponds to my experience smile

2. hassam profile image74
            hassamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Digg works well for my blogs. I am not saying that it brings some huge consistent traffic, because you only see page views rolling for week and after that only a few visitors. But even the lesser traffic can give you some clicks which is good for you eCPM.

2. guidebaba profile image58
        guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No. He leaves everything in the B@@Bs of all the women whose pictures he publishes. Then he gets a score of 90. !@#$%

1. weblog profile image58
          weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you have noticed properly, those hubs that have 'boobs' in keywords or title of the hub will not be having google ads! And, if you think all of the photo hubs have b@@bs, then you are wrong smile

2. patnamohan profile image57
          patnamohanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

All people are not lucky much!!! I think

10. knslms profile image65
    knslmsposted 15 years ago

I try to pay attention to google adsense ctr percentage rather than the amount of traffic I recieve. If your ctr percentage is low, or 0 than the traffic is not really worth the effort.

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Submitting to search engines is a waste of time, sorry.

1. premsingh profile image60
      premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I believe your words. You have got more experience. May be its a small traffic compared to the traffic you get from stumble upon etc. I have found MSN and Ask.com quite useful. Atleast it add s up to small traffic.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I edited my post to make it more precise smile First version was misleading, because most of your list, in fact almost all of it, are not search engines.

12. premsingh profile image60

I agree. Traffic from Mixx etc is not consistent.

13. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Well, writing really good stuff always helps. smile

Also, if you are writing on topics only in hopes of getting traffic then doing some solid keyword research and comparing the amount of times that people are searching vs. the amount of search results that are indexed on Google, Yahoo! is very helpful.

One more thing - I'll say this 1,000,000 times...please make sure that your titles are as search friendly as possible and actually reflects a phrase that you would be type in if you were the one searching out the particular topic.

14. knslms profile image65
    knslmsposted 15 years ago

Trial and error! Everyone has a favorite, but what works for one doesn't for another. Its all about how you learn and the amount of time you put into one service (stumbleupon, digg, whatever) Unless you have a magic search engine wand (that didn't come from a pop-up for $19.99)

15. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

www.google.com is the best traffic source. Other search engines will also work but this is probably the best.

1. topstuff profile image60
      topstuffposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for giving the great information.

2. dingdong profile image56
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Indeed smile

16. premsingh profile image60

In my case, hubpages, google, yahoo, msn, images/google, mixx, digg, aol, starware & others contributed 41, 52,  4, 1.6, 0.3, 0.6, 0.3, 0.1, 0.6 per cent of total traffic, respectively. Hence, hubpages and google are natural sources and others require some degree of hard work. Whatever clicks we are likely to get are from (100 - 41) = 59%. This metrics will change from hubber to hubber.

17. dishyum profile image58
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Great Tips smile

18. aimeeSF profile image64
    aimeeSFposted 15 years ago

Wow, thanks for all the information.  Since I'm new, this will definitely help me find avenues in promoting my hubpage!

19. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 15 years ago

I actually get decent traffic from MySpace and Facebook, it seems.  I post bulletins that my friends read, they go and share those bulletins, etc. etc. etc.  I've been trying those sites out the last two months, and it seems to bring in steady traffic.  I've yet to see it affect my actual AdSense revenue, but it has upped my hub score on a few key hubs.

20. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

As Premsingh has listed, traffic in my case is also coming in the order google, hubpages, yahoo, msn.... and in very similar percentages as Premsingh has listed.

21. VioletSun profile image80
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

I have bookmarked this forum to read the tips again tomorrow,  as the information is very useful. Thanks everyone!

22. mureksoy profile image60
    mureksoyposted 15 years ago

Thanks for all the great info! I'm a newbie here, just finishing up the 30 Day Challenge internet marketing lessons. They taught us how to use all the social bookmarking sites as a way to increase traffic. I saw huge bumps (not b@@bs) when I first used digg and stumbleupon, but they petered out pretty quickly. I have 5 other blogs going and at this point I seem to be getting more traffic from my links.

23. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

The best source to get huge traffic is, of course, The Search Engines !

24. patnamohan profile image57
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Google is the best source:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)