Empty without Lyrics!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (40 posts)
  1. ASHWINSPGA profile image56
    ASHWINSPGAposted 14 years ago

Forums will feel empty without Lyrics. 3 days self exile from forums for me. bye

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Listen to the music, Ashwin. The Lyrics will return. (You have been gone for a long spell.) Hum the tune.

2. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

I kinda agree with you sad  But three days will go by quickly..

3. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

For the life of me I don't understand why people think a 3 day ban from the forums is a big deal.

I'm not referring to Lyrics in particular, I'm talking about 3 day bans in general.

If you can't live without posting on the forums for three days, you really have no life. It's even worse if you can't handle it when someone else is banned for a whole three days. What? You can't think of anything to say or do yourself?

C'mon people, get real. A 3 day ban is nothing to get upset about.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It can be 3 days or 3 minutes. It's not about time.
      But if you can't understand that, I'm not the one who will take the trouble to explain.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said, Sara.

4. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

I understand it's not about time but that's the way people are acting.

Whether it's 3 days or forever, life goes on. Obviously some rule was broken as far as HP is concerned. It's their board, their rules. Accept it and move on even if you disagree with the rules and rulings. This isn't a Supreme Court ruling. Don't blow it out of proportion.

It seems every time someone gets banned, people have a fit. Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

For you it's ridiculous, for me it isn't. It has to do with other things I don't find ridiculous at all.
      But of course you can't understand, as you only see what's on the surface

1. profile image0
        blatvaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suggest we all go over to my song game thread and hang out big_smile  Without any more animosity.
        BTW Tantrum! I drew you in character. You kinda look like Jessica Rabbit meets Betty Page XD I hope its okay.

I'm sure I will love it !!
          and you can do whatever you want.
          big_smile

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

What? She got banned? For what?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For attacking Maximus.  Remember?  She said as much herself - she did it in the full knowledge of what would happen.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, thank you smile

and he's still messing around !
          Lucky guy !! lol

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Lyrics will be fine if you read the thread that was closed by Maddie it explains why she was banned and she knew she was going to be banned and understood the consequences of her behavior. " Lyrics Is Banned".  She will be fine she is strong and all of us should respect Hubpages decisions these things happen unfortunately and all of us should know the rules. If we don't we should read them. Multiple threads should not be started for the same issues and we should not badger, bully or offend other hubbers. She has gone through alot so this will give her time to relax and focus it is only three days. Maybe the best thing for all of us is to go and read other hubs and write our batooty's off. smile

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Well, he was cautious enough to not cross the formal line. Yet it was quite low... Either way karma will make sure he gets rewarded, I don't worry about him smile

I do worry about Kimberly though sad Did you hear from her?

8. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol
    I don't believe in Karma.

1. Misha profile image63

You don't have to, it works regardless of your belief smile

lol
        that's funny !
        you sound just like the Christians' when they said, regardless of what I believe I'm doomed to hell.

Very scary !!!
          In the end, everybody believes in Punishment/Reward sense of life !

2. Misha profile image63

I am not trying to scare you into believing it. smile That's the difference. And I don't care if you do or don;t smile

lol

Be good!
            Beware of the Karma !

lol

2. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't either, I don't get it either.  I hate when people tell me its "karma" WTF is Karma anyway?

Why can't people write that they miss Lyrics - its a free world.

lol
        I find it very funny !

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Karma is the balance in all things.

Another delusion. Punishment/Reward system.
          Why is it that people need to believe, someone that has done something evil to them have to go trough divine /nature punishment ?

I don't believe in those things.

1. Mamelody profile image59
            Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's Kama not Karma !!
              lol lol

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yep, Misha. Good ol' karma will bite you in the @$$ when you least expect it!

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I miss Lyrics sad
    but I am also glad I still have my other friends here. smile

11. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

if one person leaving forums makes it so boring here than thats just 3 days to go write a hub... maybe even a hub about her if you feel so strobgly about her.

I'm sure she is writing as we speak. btw, can you still publish when banned from forums or  do you get full site ban?

just wondering!

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can still publish you just can't express yourself on the threads. smile

12. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

hey Mel if you wanna know about the ban why don't you get banned on purpose and come back in 3 days to report...lol

13. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

whats this what happened?

14. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

for attacking max? your friging kiding me right. i reserve my hate for the face to face kind. im the most civil guy  .  but i have no problem in saying i dislike max . i guess hitler can stay but churchill gets baned for three days . max is a douche . ban that!

15. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Hey Lyr, if you're reading, here's something for you:
    In my mind, I've booked you a cyber 3 days at the most luxurious spa on a serene mediterranean Island....lots of pampering and beauty treatments...your own room with huge windows onlooking palm trees and the bluest sea ever.....with lots of soft music, books and writing material.....and delicious meals served to you at the touch of a button...

hope you enjoy! smile

16. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Message from Kimberly

A little less than a week ago I made a decision to ask for help from the community having been very effected by an attack.  The support I received was more than I could have expected.  I thank you.

As some have said I was not in the emotional state of mind to be in the forums. With that said, right or wrong, I was there.

My YouTube video for addicts, which was the first in a serious of four growing into how to recover and live in serenity, was asked by one of you to please be  removed numerous times.  Although I did not distribute this video myself, the following day I was informed by YouTube my account has been terminated and videos deleted indefinitely.  They can no longer been uploaded to my website as well for addicts.
    Whomever this disturbed to this degree after a year and half on you tube, I only hope your reasons are now are justified.

Lastly, HP's was in every right to ban me as I deliberately went after a repeated series of remarks that hurt me and in anger and aggressively attacked this person inappropriately rather than walk away.  As, mocked as being a drama queen or seeking  attention, was not my motive nor my intention.  Nor in my own defense did I loose my daughter because I am a drug addict.  And when asked what should anyone expect from a drug addict, it's simple?  Me.

Those that state everyone has a right to their opinion is correct.  We all do.  In a promise to myself of living in truth, I am the one who should expect judgements from people who don't approve.  Airing my dirty laundry, as quoted, is in fact only stating, not defending or excusing, who I am.  Thus who I am in truth, is how i heal.

I best carry on with my ban now wankers.  You Rock!

17. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Walking away from repeated attacks is terribly difficult to do, Lyrics, and I can see why you chose to defend yourself.  That's the fine line we walk in these forums, and sometimes it seems quite wrong. 
    I don't get why YouTube would delete your videos and terminate your account.  Your message to addicts is crucial.  I am really disappointed with this new development.
    All the best, and see you back soon, I hope.
    Love ya.

18. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
    Hmrjmr1posted 14 years ago

Plain and simple

Love ya Lyrics be Koo El and rest ye well...cool

see ya in the tribe!!

19. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Kimberly,
    Rebuild. Rebuild new videos with a different take, under a different new account, under a different name if you need to.

Rebuild.

I'm rebuilding for the third time. I'm 54 friggin' years old, lost two homes to people who despise me, was betrayed by other people, financially ruined, etc. You get the picture. Waaa, waaa, waaa. Toss me a quarter so I can call the Waaaaaambulance. lol

But there's no time to waste. The sooner I get off my butt and start rebuilding, the sooner I'm going to get back to my joy and the reason why I'm still on this gawd-awful earth sucking air. So as long as I'm stuck here, I better make the best of of it.

I think you'll get your proverbial "poop in a group" and show up again waving your banner.

You go girl.
    smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)