Why do people take the forums so seriously?

Jump to Last Post 51-60 of 60 discussions (149 posts)
  1. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Humans are mysterious creatures Ohma. But you know this. smile

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Hi Misha
    I guess I am just the curious type I like to know why people act the way they do about some things. This thread has tought me a thing or two and learning is always good.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I think I learn something new about these creatures every single day here. The most amazing part is I learn new things about myself, too smile

3. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

China Man you could be right about the politics thing. I just accepted a long time ago that without a lot of $$ to back up your opinion nobody is going to listen anyway so whats the point in bashing it around here where it is never going to be fixed.

4. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Mega welcome back!
    As I said to Misha I learned something new in this thread and unlike you I do need to figure out how to make money here. The biggest issue and the one that makes the most sense to me about the contraversial forum threads can be found in this thread. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/35799#post804545 I at least understand why many serious Hubbers that are here just to make money have issues with the content of some of the forum threads.

5. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Drej I absolutely agree with you but only to the point that it does not affect someone else. Plese see the thread I linked to  above,

6. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Ohma - good luck to you, I hope you do make some money - you will find a lot of help from very smart people when you ask specific questions on the forums, but more so in helpful hubs many have written about all the ins and outs of writing and selling here. I started out reading those and got bogged down and it wasn't at all fun - more like a job on spec, no guarantee for me and I have another job to make money.  Like I said before - I just like to write and talk - barely ever even look at my adsense earnings.  I was just looking for somewhere to "blog" and found that hubbing was really just right for me, its like writing for a very open and accepting magazine.

I don't really have an opinion about posting forum threads on our hubs - If there were some way that these could show up only for other hubbers that would be best, but on my hubs the ones posted there are not inflammatory threads, so I don't care.

Elle explained that you can choose carefully which topic you use for your hub, and someone else explained that there is a way to directly control which threads are posted there, just takes some work and investigation (instructions are in that thread you have about posting forums on hubs) -

the threads that I frequent are in the sandpit and hubbers corner and the sandpit ones don't show up on our hubs.  But I can see the point you are making - I just think you need to write an email to staff and tell them what you think and they will either give you further instruction or take your suggestions under consideration.  If enough people feel strongly that the forums shouldn't be promoted on hubs, then maybe they'll take them off.   ANYHOO - now I have gone as far as I ever will want to on this subject and now I will bow out and go act silly somewhere and be myself.  Thank you for following up on all this, I think you have the fortitude to hang in there and make some money - good luck!

7. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Mega don't leave on my account my point has always been the same and has not changed. It is okay to chat and have fun as long as it doesnt get out of hand. I just think if everyone realized that some of the worse things being said here are winding up on other peoples hubs they would maybe tone it down a little.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Because they are human.  That is why some people take the forums so seriously.  To expect anything different, is unnatural. 

So people get upset in the forums.  Nobody should be made to feel stupid, for acting out so naturally.  I commend anyone and everyone in this forum thread, who are [so] above the abilities of being human.  What strength it takes, to be stark, aloof, calculative, and bland.  Kudos, I guess.hmm

2. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

IntimatEvolution I am none of the above but this is a classic example of how people calculate the wording they use to illicate a negative response from others.
      I am also Human I think it is unnatural for people to drag so many personal issues into the forums and expect the people here to not have an opinion about them.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Taking things a little personally?  Taking things a little serious?

I think you answered your own question.  I knew it would not take long.  Could not resist, could you?  If it is just a forum, then why bother?  Right?

Wrong.
        You answer speaks volumes.  Did I say you were any of the three?  Did I?  NO!

Very human response.  My "example" was actually a proof.  A proof, that no matter what you or anyone else might say- EVERYONE at one time or another- takes this forum very seriously.

3. Ohma profile image59
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I suppose that if I tried or cared to twist your word into meaning what I want them to mean I could do it easily enough but I dont think it is helpful or productive for either of us.
      You stated your opinion and I respect that.
      The only point I was making is that you could have stated your opinion without trying to cause conflict where there isn't any.

P.S. I do not see any post in this thread that could in anyway make anyone feel stupid.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)