It's snowing here!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (45 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

for the first time in two decades, it's snowing and sticking!! My grandchildren are over the moon!!

1. Ann Nonymous profile image60
      Ann Nonymousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The moon? We have soooooo much snow I barely remember what it looks like because I haven't seen it for weeks since we are completely and thoroughly snowed it....but I am not complaining...I have all you for company. So happy for you habee, and your granchildren! ENJOY!!!!!!

2. profile image0
      Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Snowing in Georgia!!!

Wow. I wonder if the Al Gore Global Warming lobby are busy looking for a new Public Relations firm. :>)

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They will promptly explain to you that this is actually THE PROOF of the GW LOL

1. profile image0
          Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right. Must be money in that global warming stuff. :>)

2. profile image0
          china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They really screwed themselves with that didn't they !  How can they now present the real evidence that - MAY - COULD -support global warming where weather gets more extreme - so hotter summers and colder winters, also changes to weather patterns where the mid-west of America could dry out and Australia get as green as NZ.

3. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's snowing in Augusta too!!! It's crazy!

4. Veronica Allen profile image70
      Veronica Allenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We got a little snow in Savannah, but it didn't stick. Still, my girls were thrilled! It's the first time they have ever seen snow up close and personal. Some of the surrounding areas like pooler and statesboro got up to 3 inches.

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I've got 4 maybe 5 inches of the stuff Habee. Glad you are getting some of it too. lol Off to watch it now.

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Have fun while you can. The first day is great but be careful driving.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Have fun girls! smile

We feel lucky that it is not snowing here anymore lol

5. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

no snow here ... just sunny skies and in the 60's lol but i am in arizona ... wish i was back home to play in it lol

6. liswilliams profile image41
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

mmm, send me some snow, it's really hot here

7. Sa Toya profile image84
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

Snow men/women,angels,fights,forts and hot chocolate...good times...our snow days in the UK seem to have gone now smile

1. bonny2010 profile image60
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hEY  you trying to make me envious - it 8.36am here and Iam sweating - enjoy your snow and make a snowman for me please

1. Sa Toya profile image84
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol sorry hehehehe smile

apology accepted - no wait I can feel a smirk onyour face - just for that Iam checking out your hubs -see ya

2. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have had Snow a couple of nights this week in North Yorkshire, and I am in the lowlands not the moors tongue

8. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Lucky for you ladies! Snow sure makes winter pretty! It's really pretty up here. We've had 50 inches of snow in one week. that's a lot of pretty.

9. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Enjoy it Habee.  smile

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Glad to hear Habee. I hope the kids love it. smile

11. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

I'd love to post a pic of the snow here, but I haven't a clue as to how to do this. Anyone want to help?

12. mod2vint profile image62
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

Don't know where here is.. But we got nothing but rain and gloomy skies all day here in St. Pete Fl.

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

here is in georgia for lynne

13. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

This is Chicago. Snow?  Eh!  smile

14. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi habee, the snow is 16 in. here at DALLAS< I went outside and wanted to roll hehe, ENJOY!!

1. wavegirl22 profile image50
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pretty . so happy you got some snow. .. wasnt it you a few weeks ago talking about wanting to make some snow angels!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey Shari girl, how are you Ms NY???

1. wavegirl22 profile image50
          wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hoping to see a pic of you making that snow angel wink))

15. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

It snowed all day yesterday here in SW Arkansas. We got about six inches. It's all melting today, though. Good thing the roads are clear.

16. Ivorwen profile image67
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

So happy for you and your grandkids!

17. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh "carne the crows and shoot the cow".
    I have never ever seen snow. Busting to touch it, to have it fall through my hair as I walk the city streets.
    Oh if only someone could send me some in a Post Pack.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not much chance of it snowing where you are BP! It is pretty hot and uncomfortable outside in Melbourne. It's not real hot but muggy as hell!
      smile
      Habee, I know the little ones will love it. The twins (4) and Angus (now 6) have never seen snow.

18. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Florida is supposed to get it too. Hee hee! I love it!

19. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, everyone! My youngest daughter brought my two grandsons over, and we all went to my middle daughter's house to see her and her three kids. They're all playing out in the snow now. Actually, they got the sleds from our house and are searching for a hill - they're pretty scarce in South GA!! The snow is already beginning to melt, so I'm sure it will be gone by morning. It was fun while it lasted, though!

20. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Did you hear that it is not snowing where the Olympics are?  That they are actually trucking snow in for the game?  It's true.  Apparently it is 50 degrees, and raining.  First time ever that the opening ceremony has to held inside.  Sounds like this winter games is off to a terrible, horrible start.  Too bad.

21. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

That is wonderful, just don't drive people forget what they are doing when snow comes calling! lolololo :::::::::::::big_smile

22. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Snow, is that that white stuff on the ground you see in movies?

23. Preethi Anusha profile image67
    Preethi Anushaposted 14 years ago

Ohh .. pls don talk f snow ... I feel so jealous .. I'm melting here in Hyderabad, India with temp of aprox 32C ... and I'm scared ... its just began ... its gonna be hell for whole of march,april n june with upto 45 ... sad

24. Karina S. profile image59
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

It is snowing in NC!

and I need more ice in my bathtub in Queensland Australia - its so hot here the chooks are laying hard boiled eggs - enjoy your snow.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Snowing here in central China also ! again. When I first got here the winters were short and fairly dry - they seem to be getting longer, colder and wetter. When I came here I only packed shorts and tee-shirts!

25. VickyVP profile image60
    VickyVPposted 14 years ago

Believe it or not...it even snowed in Florida smile ... more in the Northern (away from the coast) sections of where I live than by me...but I got to see it fall for 5 minutes before it quit! Yay!!

26. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Snow is sometimes so magical and always so for children, especially so when one has what we have here in NE Ohio. I almost wish I was a child now.

27. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I saw that on the news this morning, snowing in the panhandle.
    no snow in tampa bay, just cold for this time of year.

it has more to do with el nino, the weather changes this year.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/1 … big-freeze

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80bea … l-warming/

2 interesting articles.
    habee, enjoy the snow. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)