I'm dreaming of a whiiiitttteeee Christtttt...mas!"

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 11 years ago

Looks like a White Christmas is coming in Arkansas. Was forcasted for tonight, but rain turning to sleet already and especting snow to start anytime now. Weatherman says could be any where from 6-10 inches.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, we woke up here in Chicago to green grass and gray skies.  Around 11:30am it started to snow and left us a dusting but not enough to cover all of the green.  We're to expect some more later tonight and only up to 2 inches tomorrow.  This is some funny weather patterns.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Alas, no snow for paradigmsearch. But I can step outside and see it on the mountain tops. And that is as close as I'll ever get to it. Then again, maybe this year will be a first. Come to think of it, I've been hailed on a couple times during previous winters.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I worked up the energy to drop by NOAA. We gonna get frost this Thursday, yes we is.

4. Michael Willis profile image67

The freezing rain has stopped for a while. The snow part is on it's way though.

5. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 11 years ago

I just took my dog for a walk in a very cold rain. I wish it was sunny or snowing - I don’t like this in-between weather.

6. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

Here in Northern Michigan, we currently have 3 inches of snow on the ground, and under that is about an inch and a half of slushy ice. I went to scrape off my car to go to Christmas dinner at a neighbors house, and there was about 2 inches of ice under the snow on my car. But, we are quite lucky, just 60 miles north of here, they had six inches of snow on the ground already, with 2 feet of snow added to that in just one day. But, if you go 60 miles south of here, there is no snow. They have been getting mostly rain in Grand Rapids and to the south.

Michigan weather has been pretty crazy lately. Last year we had a very mild January and February, and in March we got hit by one major blizzard after another. We even had a winter Cyclone, which dumped 3 feet of snow in less than 6 hours, and had the loudest thunder, and the scariest lightning I had ever seen. They say that was because the storm clouds were 20,000 feet lower than they would normally be, which made the storms that much more dangerous. It certainly was crazy.

7. Abbyfitz profile image73
    Abbyfitzposted 11 years ago

I wish I could get some snow sad the closest thing I get here in Florida to snow is the stuff that collects on the walls of the freezer

8. Deborah Brooks profile image60
    Deborah Brooksposted 11 years ago

I am in Tennessee , it started snowing last night and its  still snowing.. its beautiful but I dont like it..lol I am not use to it..
    I love hot weather.. going south..
    Happy new Year
    Debbie

9. Night Magic profile image61
    Night Magicposted 11 years ago

I'm in Canada.  I wish, just for one Christmas, we could have no snow.  We've had over 60 cm so far this winter.

1. Abbyfitz profile image73
      Abbyfitzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Trade ya!!!

10. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

A few years ago we had our first white Christmas in 40-something years. Now only 3-4 years later and we had another one! It didn't last long, though. Just little bits of white left today.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7506899_f248.jpg

11. expertscolumn profile image66
    expertscolumnposted 11 years ago

Here in New York it started to snow but the snow melted to water creating a watery rain-ness. Then today its been raining, its just not cold enough or it'd be snowing.

12. Monis Mas profile image72
    Monis Masposted 11 years ago

We are having white Christmas in Vermont, it is actually getting scary out there! I just went out with my dog, and it wasn't pleasant!

13. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4593960_f248.jpg

This is what it could have been like. The aftermath of the Michigan Winter Cyclone. 3 feet of snow in 6 hours. I just got off the phone with my partner in Grand Rapids, and they are under a blizzard warning, 60 miles away. It isn't doing anything here, but the windchill is 7 degrees.

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
      SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whoa. That is so much whiter than our little 1-inch Texas white Christmas! Hope everybody's OK up there!

2. Monis Mas profile image72
      Monis Masposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh My God! This is too much! Literally!

14. Franciel profile image57
    Francielposted 11 years ago

Man, I wish I was you guys. I live here in South Florida and today I walked outside in shorts to a nice warm 78 degree morning. I haven't seen snow in almost 8 years and I miss it like crazy. I'm originally from new york and it kills me sometimes that I cant have a white christmas. Oh how I miss new york city =/.

1. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My sister lives in Milton Florida. I talked to her on the phone on Christmas eve, and she said it was frosty there in the morning, and 3 in the afternoon it was up near 80. I have also been in Orlando in February, were it was 22 in the morning, and 90 by noon. I thought Michigan had weird weather!

1. Franciel profile image57
        Francielposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I seriously don't know what it is about Florida. One second it can rain heavily for 5 minutes, the other it could be sunny as day, I guess I've learned to deal with it after being here for 8 years.

1. brimancandy profile image79
          brimancandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The weirdest thing for me, is being at the beach at Lake Michigan on a crystal clear day, and it's raining. The locals tell me, that if it is raining anywhere along the lake with a strong breeze, the wind blows in the rain. It's only happened a couple times that I have been there. But it's very strange.

2. Franciel profile image57
        Francielposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what it is about Florida. one second it will pour like a flood's coming and 5 minutes later its bright as day.  I guess I'm used to it now after living here 8 years, lol.

1. Abbyfitz profile image73
          Abbyfitzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah you can't really wear winter clothes here. Just wear a heavy coat in the morning over your summer clothes because it will be 80 by noon

15. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Snowed for a short while in New York; however, the heavy rains have melted away the snow.  Oh, alas.......

16. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 11 years ago

Northern Wis. snow on the ground not a lot. The roads are clear that makes me happy. The temp is 15. I would gladly send this snow to anyone who wants it.

17. Michael Willis profile image67

Finally got power last evening and phone service this morning. Still have around 100,000 people without power though. Gas stations that got power back on were rationing gas and the lines were very long! Grocery stores have many empty shelves.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)