what´s wrong???

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. J.T. profile image61
    J.T.posted 15 years ago

Hey all you great hubbers, tell me please, what´s wrong with my hubs, i only get about 5 pageviews a day, are they really that horrible.
    I know i only have written 12 hubs, but i still think, that 5 pageviews a day, and some days none, sounds like there´s something wrong.
    What can i do.

Yours
    J.T

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maybe take a day off from the gym and start focusing more on your Hubs?

HA! I kid, I kid....sorry, couldn't resist. smile

I'll take a look here in a few...thanks for posting.

2. Trsmd profile image59
      Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can add Number of Tags to your Hubpage. Your Tag only brings you more Traffic..

2. J.T. profile image61
    J.T.posted 15 years ago

Ha ha ha, non taken ryan, thanks for taking a look on them my friend
    any help is welcome

J.T

1. jyuva profile image59
      jyuvaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Promote your hubs in social networking sites big_smile

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

Hi JT.  For what it's worth they are a little short, and don't seem to be keyworded so search engines would not be attracted to them.  They don't at first glance to be keyword rich at all (in fact I had a hard job telling what the keywords were if there were any) - which means search engines won't find you. 

And you do need to promote your hubs - using the share link and sending to friends etc.

Plus, if a visitor DOES view, I think you're in danger of losing them (bouncing) very quickly.  Why?  You might want to invest a little time in WORD or a similar package to spell and grammar check?

We all make mistakes but the first hub of yours I looked at had a 4 word title, all in lower case and 2 of the 4 words were mis-spelled.  That's not meant to be overly critical, but someone reading that might not even get past the title.  They look at the page, read the title and get turned off by the error because if they're looking for quality info (which is what you seem to be aiming at which is good) BUT if you can't spell the title right, they might think "and what level of accuracy of info will I find further down?"

Simple stuff like capitalizing sentences a checker like the one that comes with Word should pick up for you.

Hope this helps - not meaning to be critical but you did ask...

4. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

Yep, the spelling and grammar is important.
    You can write in a word program and run it through the spell/grammar check to make sure that everything is as it should be.

5. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Shouldn't that be, "The spelling and grammar are important?" lol

1. Inspirepub profile image73
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Pedantry with a smile ... says intelligent, but also humble ... I like it ... smile

1. Paraglider profile image89
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You guys had better tell Kipling:

"The tumult and the shouting dies;
        The Captains and the Kings depart:"

"dies" is quite intentionally singular because his "the tumult and the shouting" are to be taken together as a compound singular noun.

Captains and Kings, of course, depart separately, not together as one body. They, therefore, require the plural "depart"

Marye was merely being poetic tongue

2. broalexdotinfo profile image56
      broalexdotinfoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Definitely smile

6. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

"Humble," is my middle name big_smile

7. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Mark Humble Knowles! big_smile

8. coolbreeze profile image43
    coolbreezeposted 15 years ago

Julie-Ann Amos hit it on the head. I looked up the key words for your hub on the one day detox.
    If you use more keywords in your hub and more tags that are actual keywords that are searched for you will get more traffic.  Check out Mark Humble Knowles! hubs thats who taught me to create a good hub. He says he doesn't promote his hubs. I believe him. He pays me to talk nice about him. ;-) Just kidding ;-)

9. J.T. profile image61
    J.T.posted 15 years ago

Thank you, all of you, great answers, and fantastic help.
    Tags, keywords, and of course my spelling, is definetely something i will begin to study.
    I knew i would get help, as soon as i asked for it, to every single one of you, thanks again, you guys are the best.

Yours
    J.T

10. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

I`m not saying keywords aren`t important, they should in some way have a decent density in each and every hub. But I would go for lots and lots of promotion as trends are always changing ya know. smile

11. profile image0

Mark...
    yeah..what paraglider said..I was being poetical. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh, well, in that case....... big_smile

12. profile image0

wink

13. PLM profile image60
    PLMposted 15 years ago

Hey brother man,  I can shed some light on what you need here.  I've only learned some of these Internet Marketing techniques tips and tricks for a short while now but I'm learning more all the time.  I don't check in on HubPages as much anymore as I should.  It's kind of where I started off as a noobie and began writing.  I jumped into learning how to use my computer and found the world of the Internet and was completely addicted from the start.

Here is my buck fifty wisdom I can provide from what I've learned all very recently and quickly as I have jumped into IM full time and still learning everyday.

You want traffic.  You need to SEO (search engine optimize) your articles for the keywords your article or what you are wishing your page to be focused on.  It's pretty much not any different then marketing.  You want traffic right? 

Well without knowing it maybe, you're marketing something.  You want to be read and you wish to have those views in the thousands.  To do that, you need to focus on your KW's and think almost identically to an Internet Marketer that is doing the same thing with their own articles in a chosen "niche"

Getting traffic can be easy if you use some cool tricks I've just started to discover in the Internet world myself.  RSS feeds, social book marks, and pinging your URL's to google yahoo msn etc.

Ping your sites and update, edit, and add relevant content and you can get your search engine results ranked higher and traffic will start to flow.  Everytime you edit, ping your page to google and also... using backlinks are super powerful. 

Write more articles at other article sites and have relevant content that is linking back to your pages here, and vice versa.

Good luck man  cool

14. J.T. profile image61
    J.T.posted 15 years ago

PLM,thank you man, that was gold, great advices, i will definetely start working on it.

very helpfull

J.T.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)