Have you ever licked a toad?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (56 posts)
  1. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Just curious..and no i am not that desperate. lol. Just wondering if people actually do it, and what the high is like, if any?

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have cane toads, not a good idea to lick a cane toad. lol

marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not? I heard that they are the best ones lol

You get to die from licking ours! lol

marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes

2. defenestratethis profile image61
            defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, the toad will probally beat the shit out of ya.

2. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have heard of cane toads killing small animals..dogs and the like..Have any people been killed by them?
        As for the OP question??
        Most common of these are Bufo toads...Cane Toad, Colorado River Toad and Sonoran Desert Toad. They excrete a psychoactive compound bufotenin..licking the toad may not get you the result you'er looking for or any result at all. The best way to do this is to take the toad and rub it on a piece of glass and let the excretion dry then smoke it. You will get a similar high as mild lsd..I wouldn't recomend doing this but if you do..good luck..hope you don't fry too many brain cells..tongue

Like a lot of things in life, I am trying to lick my cane toad habit! smile The ones in Australia came from somewhere else, imported to eat a beetle that was eating our sugar cane and they are BIG guys! One may be good for a few licks, maybe a whole family could get high or dead lickin just one  even! smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would anyone be foolish enough to lick a toad? hmm

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

The High you get depends on which end you lick lol

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I did watch a documentary where a tribe in the Amazon used the toad to posion their arrows...is that the one your talking about earnest

4. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Must have been told they are the best ones to lick.... by a Queenslander lol

Queensland only has a few humans like BlondePoet here on hubpages, many of the other queenslanders would not die if they licked 20 cane toads. Nothing to hurt between the ears you see!

That should stop em from callin me a Mexican!
      You could be right about the effects of licking a cane toad though, I have not done any personal research on them, only on Queenslanders! lol

1. Jewels profile image82
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've heard that Whiskas cat food is the answer?  Yes sir re Bob!  Cane Toads love ants.  Ants love Whiskas. Whiskas mixed with formic acid kills the pesky toads. yeah!  Now if only toads ate cats!?!!?

I only heard that a few days ago Jewels, obvious your not a Queenslander!

Geeze, can I get a rise out of a banana bender here or not? smile

2. bonny2010 profile image61
        bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

your prayers have been answered

hey earnest you have it all wrong mate - reason why 20 or 100 canetoads cant kill a queenslander is because we are tough - now you southern fellas hell I hear you guys kiss them on account of you all being into fairytales and such -

Us Mexicans are tough too ya know. It ain't easy kissin toads in Victoria. Ugly little buggers bite ya lip! smile

1. bonny2010 profile image61

luv ya earnestshub - don't I know you guys are tough - what with the bushfires - gotta admire the way you all soldier on - heck mate maybe you are all queenslanders at heart eh-

Luv ya back mate! I always enjoy Queenslanders, humour as dry as the outback! lol

1. bonny2010 profile image61

skin about the same too - so my grandkids tell me - but hell its comes in handy when I want  to strike a match

5. marcel285 profile image65
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Why dislike for Queenslanders?

6. Alota profile image61
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

you have my imagination running riot, toad licking

7. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I forgot to mention you are getting high from the death of brain cells due to poisoning.

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Never licked a toad.  Fried a frog once.  Didn't mean to.  Was a Boy Scout, age 12 or so, caught a frog on some Scout dealie or another, a little one.  Tucked it into my Scout shirt pocket.  Checked the pocket later, before throwing it in the wash.  Empty.

Or so I thought.  Weeks later, had the shirt on, felt something in the pocket--fried toad.  Presume it hadn't survived the wash...or the wringer...but Mom's iron surely put the final touch to it. 

54 years later, the memory still "burns"....

9. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Lick a toad?  Dag, I knew there was something I forgot to do today.

1. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

thx for reminding me to put that on my 'list of things to do before I die'!!

1. drej2522 profile image69
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have something...

Dammit, inappropriate! (zzzzzzip, I'll keep my mouth shut) roll sad

hey, you can't do that....out with it now..!

nopers...you really don't wanna 'hear' what I was thinking. (zzippp) :I

roll

and don't you roll your eyes at me! Your innocent self shouldn't hear such nasty things, MOW! smile

big_smile ...you KNOW I'm not innocent...and how nasty can a thought be?

please...you're sweet and nice...and all that crap! hehe

(scrolls back up to what I was about to put down) oh, it's pretty bad. smile Granted, it's 5 o'clock in the mornin over here, so my thoughts wonder off to...other...things.

10. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Is this the Prince thing?  I mean, why would anyone want to lick a frog?

11. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

To answer the question, I've never licked a toad, but I've known people who have.

12. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Oh yeah every day and if I miss the chance I lick two the next day... sheeesh! whatever next....bring out the beavers again!!

big_smile yeah...this place needs some serious reality check....!! At times, I need to pinch myself to believe if a thread is for real....!! wink

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah and they write them in such a way, even though I've got allsorts of online work to do I still have to post a one liner in the forum thread...damn them crazy forum posters!!! tongue

I know...and then they feed our 'addictions' with all kinds of innuendos...!! Such cruel cruel people!!! roll

2. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

13. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

I'd certainly have a go, given it was the right kind of toad tongue

which is that? the one that turns into a prince if u kiss it? wink

14. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

someone said licking.

15. defenestratethis profile image61
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

Yes I have, and then I made the mistake of marrying him.

16. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

yikes

17. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Hey, I'm from Tennessee.  I can lick any toad, frog or lizard for that matter.  We ain't afeard of nothin' down here!

I heard that about you guys! lol

18. 1974 profile image68
    1974posted 14 years ago

Yes, the same act also qualifies me for having licked a pig.

19. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 14 years ago

I think I did... at least it looked like one hmm

20. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

That's NO way to talk about my ex

21. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

No, but I've kisses few frogs!

22. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. --
    A 21-year-old man has been accused of using a toad to get high.

Clay County sheriff's deputies said David Theiss, of Kansas City, possessed a Colorado River toad with the intention of using it as a hallucinogenic.

Experts said it's possible to lick the toad's venom glands to achieve psychedelic effects.

Most pet stores don't sell the Colorado River toad because the venom can sicken humans and kill household animals.

"People used to do it all the time, but it got faded out awhile, but came back as a fad. Not a smart one," animal expert Danny Snyder told KMBC's Dion Lim. "The toxins in it can kill a lot of stuff."

Authorities said this is the first time Clay County has dealt with this sort of hallucinogen.

Theiss was released on bond.

The toad is in custody at a police crime lab.

1. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I thought I'd heard everything.  Geezus!  lol

23. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Frogs and toads are like oil and water. We don't mix. We're cuter and toads can only dream smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)