What's Your Best Memory?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (45 posts)
  1. The Donkey profile image60
    The Donkeyposted 14 years ago

Post your best memory. Let it all out. I'm interested to hear about this.

Also, be sure to follow me (The Donkey) and my friend (Hokey), and read our hubs.

1. mikefitz profile image60
      mikefitzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My best memory is childhood when I didn't have a care in the world, prior to my parents divorce and bills.

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I've had so many! There are best for alot of catagories but ok I got one! My wife and I in our early twenties went skiing in Austria for two weeks' boy did we have fun! We skied and skied and skied! At night we partied and partied and partied! We skied 12mile run on the Tuxor-Joch glacier all day get to our room shower and we head to the party! Get back to the room die and get up at 6am to catch a train up the valley. The cooks met us every morning with a sack of fresh rolls ham and cheese. We kageled, toboganed, danced and drank alot of schnops and Gluwien. We even raced  the GS in the advanced catagory and won medals! We have good skiing in America but their mountains are epic!

3. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

My best memory was this friend of mine years ago who never asked me to follow his hubs........   big_smile

4. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Christmas at my Grandmothers. Always was a big family thing aunt uncles cousins great food great company

5. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Wow. That's a tough question when you are as old as I am. Right now I'm happy when I can remember whre I left my keys and glasses.

The Donkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha. This made me laugh. Rochelle Frank, best one so far.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My personal mission on HP is to make people laugh-- or think, or sometimes think and laugh. Can't remember right now.

1. profile image0
          Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I'll laugh. big_smile

Oh, I'm laughing too smile

1. profile image0

Giggity!

6. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I think I remember laughing!

it goes:   hahahahahahah  hahaha ha ah  hahahaha  ha

heh choo!

hahaha

1. profile image0

Gashoontype.

7. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Hey Denno.
    How's schoolio?

1. profile image0

Every now and then, it goes great, Jen. big_smile

1. wyanjen profile image71
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every now and then? lol
        Well, I'm glad you are finding SOME greatness lol

Hey by the way- a month or so ago, you left a comment on a hub about Cosmos.
        That writer is...  a friend of mine wink

Thanks!

1. profile image0

Really? Carl Sagan ranks right up there with Michio Kaku in my book. He's partially the reason that I got into writing Sci-Fi to begin with. And, you are most welcome. big_smile

I'm just now getting to know Michio Kaku. My TiVo is on a search mission for his shows.

Well, your comment meant a lot. smile
            Sagan is the reason I got into MANY things along the way...
            He came along when we were at just the right age, I guess lol

1. profile image0

I remember his imaginary spaceship; it didn't seem cheesey at the time! lol We share a birthday, too; that moves him up a notch. Kaku grabs my attention every time I watch his Sci-Fi science installments.

I think it was the Science Channel a few years ago who re-broadcast the series, with a few updates. I cringed completely when I saw the imaginary spaceship.
                I knew it wasn't star-wars caliber, but the way I remembered it from the 80's, well... lol
                A desk, a chair, and a giant TV screen was a just little stark compared to my kid-memory. Funny how much your imagination fills in those blanks.

So I guess I could say, my best memory was... imaginary lol lol lol

I love Kaku on The Universe. That show really got my little hobby going. I just love it.

1. profile image0

You're building a Time Machine? big_smile

Meh neutral *shrugs*

They can only go backwards. That's what I'm trying to get AWAY from. lol

8. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

The original birthdays of my children, and my first sight of them on those two days.

That's a good one. You and Rochelle got the best two so far.

9. defenestratethis profile image59
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

One of them I recall off hand, is when my dear friend, Kahea sat talking with another woman at a table when a giant cockroache suddenly landed in her hair. She screamed and started doing the 'crazy dance' flayling her arms about, and running away at the same time. I never laughed so hard in my life.

10. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Most likely the ones I can't remember...they had to have been the most fun anyway!! lol

lol   
                                     lol

11. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I was skinny dipping in the river in out-back Australia in a spot no-one goes. Next minute a whole bunch of Japanese tourists began approaching so I floated like a log downstream.

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh those japanese love blondes....you should have given them a show! smile

2. wyanjen profile image71

This is my favorite post of all time.
      It's so funny I'm not even laughing. I'm awestruck.
      Were you more terrified, or embarrassed?
      Did you drift away unseen? Did they spot you? I must know more!!!

lol lol

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Wayne sure I can tell you more. I will give you part two while you put your feet up on a poof and relax.
        Well the thing is there were like 40 - 50 of them. I felt more invaded than embarrassed I guess.
        So after I floated downstream, a little like a croc streaming down a creek on a hot afternoon. I wanted to keep swimming for awhile you see.
        So after another half hour or so, I climbed out through the trees on the bank of the creek and headed like Eve back to base through all the greenery and shrub..
        That was part two....

12. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I have so many great memories but it seems the best ones are the new ones being made everyday.

I love living for the future and new memories are great for that.

Cheers

Dale

13. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

I don't remember hmm , i do remember some good one's but not the best.

14. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

The day I actually had breasts.  I had to wait til 16.  Small as they were I was thrilled.  My best memory lmao

Are you serious Lyrics? Omg mine didn't pop out til about then too. I was like Olive Oil one day, so worried about my little jelly beans then bang almost over night there I was, Dolly Parton.
      I was so relieved smile

2. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and me !!!!!!!    and they weren't even mine !!!   big_smile big_smile

Hahaha China.

15. calpol25 profile image58
    calpol25posted 14 years ago

My best memory is christmas when i was a kid, because my dad and my grandma were alive then and we were all together, with my mam and family, I loved christmas then, I watched my dad get excited on christmas eve when he put the tree up and my mam baking in the kitchen, all the food and cakes were home made even the jam and sauces because we were so poor yet so happy, my sister and me putting up the decorations and my grandma helping my mam in the kitchen. My two brothers would come round to the house to stop the night and my sister and me would put the carrots and cherry out with a mince pie on the table for santa. lol That is the best memory I ever will have.

16. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 14 years ago

The evening my son was born. Just me, my girlfriend and the midwife in the living room. Candles were the only light and gentle music set the mood. One long afternoon of labour - when all the world centered around us (so we felt) -  peaked just before midnight with a healthy, smooth, perfect childbirth. And I whispered to my son's mother, "It's a boy!"

That's beautiful.

1. profile image0
        Moeskyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.

17. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

My best memory would be the freedom I enjoyed during my childhood.  The freedom to go to the beach whenever I wanted, to the library if I chose, riding my bike on the path around the lake, getting out of the house to DO something  lol
    all without worries...smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)