Should we annex Mexico for their own good?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (205 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Is Mexico incapable of correcting the corruption and it's own social issues. Is it time to seriously consider Mexico a true security issue in this hemisphere and take over what they obviously can't handle?

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because some dumb people think America is what they want and migrate from Mexico to get it, all the Mexicans that are proud to be Mexicans have to become Americans in the end ???
      Are you out of your mind ?!
      I wouldn't like to be American even if they'd pay me ! mad

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We have cookies.big_smile

lol
          hi Sneak!
          What kind of cookies ?? roll

1. profile image0

Hey Tantrum! We have choclate chip, lemon sugar, shortbread, butter, pecan sandies, Oreos, snickerdoodles, choclate chewy, fig newtons, cowboy cookies, oatmeal rasin, pie crust and I'm becoming dizzy with desire! Well where are you from? I f you don't mind me asking. I'm sure its exotic and mysterious!smile

2. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Because some dumb people think America is what they want "

If that is what they want, they're dumb? Because you say so? Anyone who doesn't share your anti-American bs attitude is dumb?

That's dumb.

3. Sab Oh profile image55

"I wouldn't like to be American even if they'd pay me !"

I'd pay you not to.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah dude. Maybe you could start taking Mexican kids away from their parents and giving them to white Christian families to bring up instead.

You know - for their own good. lol lol

1. profile image0

Thanks Mark, great idea!big_smile

3. BDazzler profile image79
      BDazzlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're joking, right?

1. profile image0

Sarky, I would much rather close our borders.

4. Sab Oh profile image55

A remarkably bad idea, not to mention pointlessly impractical.

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
        Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Sab Oh.

yikes:

5. profile image57
      foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes to all the above. The only way -- the ONLY way -- there will be peace and stability in Mexico, is if an international peacekeeping force (NATO) goes in and takes over. The U.S. does not need another war on its hands. After the cartels are removed, the international community creates a new government that represents the Mexican people.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kinda like Iraq huh?...Afghanistan...and so on and so on...

1. profile image57

More or less. Except the U.S. will not be the primary player in a rebuilding effort. Again, multinational. Mexico could be turned into a global economic utopia. A sort of renaissance state that acts as a crossroads for global activity of all kinds. Take the best from each country and put it in Mexico. It is possible. All these second generation Mexicans educated here would be the building blocks of a new age for that country.

I'm all for that...if they do it themselves...if not I want it to be mine.

If I have to make it....I want the profits from it too. Otherwise we are right back to the I have to fix it for them scenario...I'm not going to fix their country for them. If I fix it, it will be for me.

6. ledefensetech profile image68
      ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So let me get this straight.  You think we should throw all illegals out of the country, but now you want to annex Mexico.  Sorry to be blunt about this, but are you stupid?  Don't we have enough problems in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention domestic stuff, that we don't need to go looking for more trouble.  Ever hear of Pancho Villa.  We sent Pershing to get him and he lead the Punitive Expedition on a merry chase through Mexico.

2. creepy profile image56
    creepyposted 14 years ago

why exactly do we want their problems

1. profile image0

No but if we can't stop illegal migration issues and aren't willing to build a wall it would be away to protect our country. Personally I want a wall but I don't see that happening until we have a major terrorist attack and we wake up.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If Mexico agreed to the building of a wall, would you advocate this wall being at least as high as Colorado? Afterall, much of the south west of American - where you have the biggest Mexican populations - were in fact once part of that same country.

If Mexico was to agree to build a wall, you are asking them to mark a boundary which the majority believe would exclude their native lands... at least parts of Texas, parts of California, the whole of New Mexico and the whole of Arizona

Just a point which I believe is valid. Many would argue that the Mexicans have a right to citizenship in those four states, since it is their native lands. Much in the same way that many Irish Americans were supportive of the I.R.A and their efforts to 'liberate Ireland' from their 'British oppressors'...

Thanks for the welcome back by the way, just an international perspective on this argument, a lot of Americans involved in that drug trafficking by the way wink

1. profile image0

No problem Ryan!smile Well to take that position you would have to give all of Ireland back and give Wales and Scotland back as well. In fact the first recognized civilized control of Britain was by the Romans so the Italians should get it all.

Just a wall would be fine, we're not too much for the one world government thing.

1. profile image0
            cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have never understood why we don't have an impenetrable wall along our borders. it's under 2,000 miles. it shouldn't be that expensive to build...

"Many would argue that the Mexicans have a right to citizenship in those four states, since it is their native lands."

Well, they're wrong.

3. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Did that help with Puerto Rico?

1. profile image0

No, but we let them get the gravey without the commitment. It's time to get them to be part of the American experience or cut them loose.

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Cut em loose!America's problems are not going to stop till we get realistic about taking care of Americans.

1. profile image0

I am so with you!smile

2. Danny R Hand profile image60
      Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

AMEN! Bring the troops home from not only Iraq, but Korea, Germany, England, Qutar, and 90% of the places we have them policing the world. We train our toops around the border and use them for WHAT? DEFENCE against invasion of ANY kind.

1. profile image0

Hear!Hear!

2. Ohma profile image60
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With so many problems at home why is it America's job to police the world? Why do we spend billions of American dollars fixing up and supporting countries that we are at war with?
        America needs to take care of America.
        Protect our borders, feed our kids, you know those little silly things.

3. Sab Oh profile image55

Yeah, closing your eyes real tight and waiting for a big #%!* storm to roll up on the shore is a brilliant idea. Destroying our economy at the same time would be a real bonus.

1. Jewels profile image81
          Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You blaming Mexico for your economic woes?

5. leftofcentre profile image62
    leftofcentreposted 14 years ago

i don't think the USA can afford to go to war with another country. With the way South American sentiment is progressing i think you'll find Mexico will soon be part of a new South American united congress.

i am always dumbfounded as to the reasons why people of the USA think their own values are holier than thou and everyone else should do as they feel is right.

The world is changing and the USA no longer has the RIGHT to tell anyone how to run their own country.

USA should fix their own problems in their own country instead of worrying about everyone else.

You people in the USA are so dumb sometimes. The rest of the world is starting to move against you.

1. Ohma profile image60

If the mexicans would keep their problems in Mexico it would not matter but since they choose to bring them into the U.S. on a daily basis then yes it is our problem An the only thing dumb about the U.S. is that we have been far to tolerant of the stupidity around us for far to long.

1. leftofcentre profile image62
        leftofcentreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you understand how much involvement the USA has in Mexican poitics already?

After visiting the USA, the one thing i picked up on was the that people in the USA, in general, don't have much knowledge about what is happening outside their own country.

Comments like "ohh the mexicans are coming" is just rediculous. Try and understand that its because of what the USA has done to Mexico that these people are fleeing and trying to find work in the USA. 

Exploiting workers, 
        the drug trade
        etc etc

1. profile image0

We need to close our border and let them alone!

2. Ohma profile image60

It is not a full out Mexican invasion that concerns me it is the sneaky underhanded slinking across our borders and then bringing drugs, crime and mayhem into our country that is annoying as h*ll.

3. profile image57

". . . its because of what the USA has done to Mexico that these people are fleeing . . ."

That comment is the most insidious nonsense ever created! Most Mexicans are living on $2 a day down there. The government is corrupt and infiltrated by cartels. There is no middle class in Mexico, or scant at best. The drug wars are escalating. If anything, illegals from Mexico are refugees escaping from a totalitarian government that doesn't give a damn about its people. But, of course, blame it on the "ugly American."

1. Ohma profile image60

Here Here!

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image75

Which AGAIN brings up the question...

Should we who can do it better, take over the FAILED country of Mexico and make things right?

OR

Should we kick out the Illegals, make the Mexicans fix their own problems, and build the Wall of Freedom along our borders?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
              Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wall of freedom?  Is that from the same book as "enhanced interrogation techniques" (formerly known as torture) ?

The Great Wall of Freedom is a reference to a hub. What I named the border wall between Mexico and the U.S. and the U.S. and Canada, referencing the Great Wall of China.

In the end, the great wall of China didn't work so well did it?

I imagine your attempt to keep out the terrifying Canuck hordes would also fail.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
                  Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this a one way wall?  Or do we have to stay in America?

First of all Mexico is in America... America is not one but two Continents...so both sides of this wall would be in America.

It would be a wall on the U.S. border between the U.S. and Mexico.

I would build another while we are at it on our northern border, between the U.S. and Canada.

2. profile image57

Forget the wall. Within ten years there will be the North American Union. Count on it. The U.S. can no longer compete with the EEU, China, and other globalistic wannabe's. Besides, the NAU is in the Bible. So it's already a done deal.

BTW nice bait and switch, you didn't answer either question or make any choice at all...

The art of the politician, change the subject.

I didn't fall for your amatuerish trap and now you're mad at me?

lol

Did you go to the TK school of debate?

OOOPs you just blew it...you admitted it, and made me right. Admitting that you had to avoid the answers is the same as admitting you were wrong.

Thank You for that.

{Hint: once you start lying you have to continue lying or you'll get caught in the lie.}  wink

2. Jewels profile image81

lol lol Around you?  What about within your own country?  Geez, clean up your own back yard first.  You want to blame every other country for your own problems?  You do realize that with your debt you are easily in the Third World Classification!

1. Ohma profile image60

Ditto Tantrum,
          You havent a clue what you are talking about so Shut up.

Very rude.

What's your problem?  Not sure why I should shut up.  That is rude! smile

hmmmmmmm

2. IntimatEvolution profile image67
                IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nobody should shut up. 

Being told to shut up, makes me talk more.lol

Yep.  I learned that at Hubpages.lol

2. tantrum profile image60

lol lol lol

Deleted

I'm not Mexican !
          And about my country, I'm totally against their economic policy.
          I'm entitled to laugh as much as I want !
          So why don't you shut up !

Tantrum I deleted my post as I was not referring to what you had said. Just put it in the wrong place.

2. profile image0

I agree we need to pull back, great advice!smile

3. profile image0

I agree with you! We should close our borders reel in our military to only protect us and stop government sponsored forgien aid. That way there would be no need to speak bad about the US. The world could handle their own issues then maybe, maybe they would realize we were a friend worth having. But once it's done it should stay done no pleading for help economically or militarily. We could afford health care for working Americans then.

i think you'll find that the USA will be the ones looking for assistance. They have hardly any resouces left and are economically in so much debt that without other countries they would be in financial ruin. broke.

1. profile image0

Don't count us out yet! We are so technologically advanced we could sell military services to the highest bidder. I think you'd be surprised how much we really do but I know it's chic to bash the US so have at it.smile

"i think you'll find that the USA will be the ones looking for assistance. They have hardly any resouces left"

If you were trying to make a statement that is ridiculously wrong, you really accomplished your goal.

4. Danny R Hand profile image60

I agree with everything you just said, except ' you Americans are so dumb'. I happen to be one. And granted, we should mind to our own bussiness. But when we do, don't come pleading for us to take care of some crap that you might have gotten yourselves into. Our biggest downfall is our compassion for the rest of the worlds plights.

USA only care about other countries when they can make a dollar out of it.

1. Danny R Hand profile image60

Ever heard of the Marshal Plan? We even let that debt go unpaid. Didnt make any money off of that. Research who gives more than any other country for disaster relief. When someone needs help, America is first in line. You can deny it, but the fact remains.

1. Ohma profile image60

so true! Whenever something goes wrong blame the Americans. whenever you need something ask the Americans.
            Since when did it become our problem to care for the rest of the world?

Since arm dealing.

fancy supplying weapons to the country your fighting against.

BUT it does make money

2. leftofcentre profile image62

The government doesn't give the money, it loans it. With an interest rate. This is why they have been stalling the united nations about wiping the third world debt.

2. profile image0

I agree thats how a lot of the world sees it. So we should just worry about our own problems. Now you can't come back later and say we don't care about the worlds problems then you wished us out. Oh yeah, take the UN while we're doing all this moving. We should also increase tariffs to protect our markets as well.

What markets?

1. profile image0

Any that we have industries already in place for.

That wouldn't protect our markets, it would destroy them. The whole 'close the borders and turn around and ignore the world' thing is an emotional position and nothing more.

2. leftofcentre profile image62

Sorry Danny i was generalising. but i did meet many people who were switched on..

5. Mikel G Roberts profile image75

Starting?

The rest of the world has been against the U.S. for longer than I have been alive. They are simply getting better ideas and better ways to do what they can't do through war, they have found better tools. Money and greed being some of those new tools. (illegal drugs being an old one)

6. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

No.

Good grief. Don't we have enough of our own problems without trying to take care of everyone else's?

Why did we fight so hard for our independence? Just so we could take it away from others?

7. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

We have enough trouble governing ourselves. Maybe we should allow Mexico to annex southern California and Texas and turn the Texas Rangers loose on the drug lords.

1. Danny R Hand profile image60

Make sure the annexed part includes George W.

Didn't he own the Texas Rangers?  How does turning a baseball team loose on the Mexicans help things?

1. profile image0

No, our secret police. You know the ones that killed all the indians and settled disputes with migrant farm workers.

W owned them?

1. profile image0

You would think but no they decided to protect Texas in the 1800's no matter what it took. They are still quite active and still help small communities with additional tools for law enforcement.

We copied them here in Arizona.

2. profile image0

yippee kiyay! wink

could you elaborate?

3. profile image0

We aren't too PC for the dirty jobs down here.

4. BDazzler profile image79
      BDazzlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Remember the Alamo?

5. Sab Oh profile image55

"and turn the Texas Rangers loose on the drug lords."

Not sure how a baseball team would stop the drug lords.

Stop stealing my lines TK. mad

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

Imitation is the most sincere form of......

8. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

You better lay off the cookies and brush up on your Spanish.  Mexico is well on it's way to re-claiming the Southwest U.S.

1. profile image0

I think they might want to leave Texas out of their sights there are a whole bunch of angry good ole boys down here and they're well armed.

Yes, but they're too out of shape to fight.  This ain't nintendo.

2. profile image0

...one drophouse at a time...

9. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

No problem, Sneako!  Elect Palin and have her declare that Mexico has WMD's.  It worked when you voted for Bush, didn't it?  And how did that work out?

1. profile image0

I don't think Palin has any more experience than Obama I didn't vote for him for that reason and I wouldn't vote for her for the same reason.

But you did vote for Bush twice, right?  So why should we respect your judgment on anything political, if you did?

1. profile image0

I wouldn't Randy I'm a complete and total dumbass.

Now you are getting smart!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Confession is good for the soul.

10. Will Say Plenty profile image60
    Will Say Plentyposted 14 years ago

Here is a great idea.  Anyone who wants to ignore the illegal alien problem we have in this country should do what my dad did.  Go to Mexico with a volunteer group and try to help them make things better down there so they don't feel tempted to illegally enter THIS country.  if things were better down there then they could wait and do things legally like past immigrants!

Which is just another way of saying WE have to fix THEIR problems or they force themselves on us...

Fix your own country.

1. profile image0

omg i think i love him!

big_smile

<Blushing>  ...really....   roll <----innocent look

2. Will Say Plenty profile image60
        Will Say Plentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, yeah, you can take that attitude and I personally agree with you HOWEVER for all the people HERE who are LEGAL citizens but still decide to defend illegal aliens then that is my suggestion.  Sorry I was not clear.

2. profile image0

Thats a great Idea but the wealthy in Mexico are so corrupt you couldn't just leave them to it. I used to hunt in Mexico we could bring guns but no ammo. We brought plenty of ammo and we paid officials for that and to increase bag limits. Every aspect of their sociaty is corrupt in one form or another it's almost hopeless.

Yeah, our wealthy are good guys!

1. profile image0

Pull out your wallet with our police or wildlife officials and find out what would happen. I promise weapon charges  and bribbery will cause you some problems.

Can you say the same for our politicians?  And you missed one of my questions!

2. Will Say Plenty profile image60
        Will Say Plentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah, hope springs eternal

11. mikelong profile image62
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Another garbage thread...good job sneak..

1. srwnson profile image60
      srwnsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. We are proud of our country, we have our faults just like everyone else.

2. profile image0

Sorry I'll close it.

3. profile image0

I asked them to close it twice it's out of my hands.

Go with the self-personal attack.  Make fun of your weight.  Call yourself a douchebag.  Then report it.

2. srwnson profile image60
        srwnsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry about it dude...have another martini. It'll play itself out.

12. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

The original poster is joking I hope.  They are a sovereign government.  Annexing them is not even a remote option.

Should we annex them, like we did the Native Americans?  Absurd.

No, I assure you he isn't.

13. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Oh, that's great. 

Another freedom fighter, looking to take away a whole country's worth of freedoms.  Very American.

Its the American way.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67

Yeah, you got that right.  Kill'em, take them over, annex them-        SCREW THEM ALL!  It does sound so American.

Ok now wait a second, who is invading who? Don't they have 10 million+ people in our country illegally? Isn't that the definition of an invasion?

So open the border, and it won't be illegal.  Desperate people do desperate things, like flea oppression for better lives.  I think that's a human need.

That only works if it goes both ways...as the man said annex Mexico?

Otherwise we are right back to fixing someone else's country.

When did it become my responsibility to fix Mexico's problems? I'm not Mexican.

Fix your own country.

It's your responsibility to be a human being.  But by the sound of this post it's not Mexico's problem, it's yours because it's you guys doing the complaining.

roll

"So open the border, and it won't be illegal. "

Yeah, and if banks just left all their money out on the sidewalk for anyone to take there would be no more bank robberies. Brilliant logic.

Don't like the humanitarian model? smile

If you are driven from your home by cockroaches, and decide to return when you feel safe, is that an invasion?

If after being driven from my home I go to your home, break in, do whatever I want, steal whatever I want, use what I want and laugh at you while you complain...then that is an invasion.

Whether it is the cockroaches fault or not.

You mean to say all Mexican's do that or are you generalizing?

1. Ohma profile image60

Jewel come and live in my world for a month.

I lived there for 3 months a few years ago and two years before that..  Good and bad no matter where you live.  But then I have the choice to move if I don't like where I am.

No I'm saying ALL illegals (criminals that have broken into my country, invaded my home)...

Legal Immigrants, Mexican or from Mars, are welcome.

Legal vs. Criminal  that is my point.

I say send the criminals back to where they came from and make them fix their own problems.

It's sad when we call desperate human beings criminals.

If I smash your home I'm a criminal. 

I  flee my country because drug lords are creating hell, I'm a criminal too. 

Something wrong with this picture.

"No I'm saying ALL illegals (criminals that have broken into my country, invaded my home)...

Legal Immigrants, Mexican or from Mars, are welcome.

Legal vs. Criminal  that is my point.

I say send the criminals back to where they came from and make them fix their own problems."

Well said

Ok, you're confused.  We'll drop the cockroaches for now. 

If you steal my home and I decide to move back in with you, and share my home rather than throw your ass out into the street, you should be thankful, not hateful.  You committed the crime, I forgave you for it.

But they aren't in fact If I were them in this example, I would be throwing you out of your house, telling you to go fix my house, and while you're fixing my house I'll be having sex with your wife... now I'm not threatening violence mind you, I just hooked her on drugs and your kids too, so they will do what ever I say...or no more drugs...

and then I'll just play the feel sorry for me card on anyone that isn't hooked on the drugs...

Ah, religious, huh?

Your scenario would have some truth if you had in fact gained your home through honest means.  You did not.  It was stolen, then you occupied it.  I forgive you for that and will share with you what is rightfully mine.

3. Randy Godwin profile image60

Yes, that is one definition.  Another is attacking a country on false pretenses.  Like America did with Iraq and its citizens.

4. IntimatEvolution profile image67

Oh goody, another George Custer fan.

14. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

How very convient having little flags of our countries on our avatars would be right about now....

15. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 14 years ago

How about the Saints winning the superbowl! We are so excited down here in New Orleans, First time in the franchise Mardi Gras' was terrific!

1. Ohma profile image60

Didn't watch it myself. Not much of a football fan.

16. Mikel G Roberts profile image75
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

@ Sneako,

It is a good post, and a topic that needs discussion. I for one am glad you posted it.

The fact that it is an issue that is highly emotionally charged should not stop the posting of the issue.

I think you did well.  smile

17. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I agree, Sneako this is a problem that is to often ignored.

18. profile image0
    Norah Caseyposted 14 years ago

Thread closed per request of thread creator

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)