Own Up!

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (80 posts)
  1. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Who reported Hokey?

One of the most easy going and friendly guys from the forum has apparently been banned, own up, who requested this, and even more amazing how was this ben even felt to be appropriate?!

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this a joke?

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO.
        It's true. I got a mail from Hokey. He doesn't know why. HP team didn't tell him. this was 2 hours ago.

2. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A site user's forum ban is ideally kept between that user and HubPages. Hokey was responded to by HubPages staff over one hour ago with a reason for his ban and a link to what he had said that was against our policy.

Reporting infringing behavior is the right of every hubber.

2. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

What? Someone reported Hokey, why? How could he offend anyone, he's a buddist? sad

3. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Good grief for what? Saying namaste too many times?

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is quite offensive! sad

1. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? It wasn't meant to be. I meant I've never seen him say anything that wasn't peaceful or joking.

I think drej was being sarcastic

1. profile image0
            JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's why I hate talking on the internet,LOL. I need facial expressions and tone of voice.

lol lol

2. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

perhaps sarcasm doesnt come across well in type. Cant imagine anyone taking true offense to that statement. especially anyone who knows what namaste means (or has come to mean)

(shrugs) I'll go for the sarcastic comment every time. If it's missed, it's missed. smile

1. sunforged profile image70
            sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you can save this for future use

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/sarcasm.gif kind of perverts the purpose though

ha...some people need that sign in RL! big_smile

4. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I would like to know too. The last person I could possibly think that could get banned !

5. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

One - I very much doubt anyone is going to own up

Two - If Hokey wants to know why he's banned, he can ask the HubPages team.  Us speculating is pointless.

Three - If he's banned, it's the first time and only for three days, so it'll be over before we know it.

6. tantrum profile image61

I don't think the person will come forward! They hide behind their hypocrisy .

7. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

hrmmm...

hateful it is...hateful. This is why I don't like people, dammit!

8. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I hope Hokey is back soon, the forum won't be the same without him.

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

3 days should go by fast and then he'll return..hoope it wasn't over his pictures on the nose picker thread lol

1. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That kinda crossed my mind too. But I've seen much more offensive material on the forums. MUCH more.

10. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I agree it's an outrage. I went back over his last few comments. I found nothing offensive in them. As a matter of fact, I find much MORE offense in some of the comments of others that NEVER get banned. Outright name calling and dig into the nature of the person....but no ban on em. Whatever it is for, I hope he finds out. One has a right to either defend themselves or apologize if wrong.

1. profile image0

Could you please flag those offensive comments, thanks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Norah

Can you just reassure people that if someone is reported, you also look at the posts surrounding the reported one?

This isn't the first time people have complained someone got banned, but the person who goaded them didn't.  I've certainly seen one instance where that was the case.

I dont think it's unreasonable to ask HubPages staff to look into what caused an inappropriate comment before they take the decision to ban.

Having said that, has anyone considered that the other people might be banned too - they just don't have any friends here to tell us?

1. profile image0

We read through the entire thread before we ban someone from the forum, however in many cases the instigating factor for a user's outburst happened on another thread (this is particularly true in the religion section) or through emails, comments, etc. If these aren't reported, we have no context for a reported forum post.

This thread is now closed to reply.

11. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Wow!  This could make everyone be on edge.  I can't imagine Hokey getting banned for anything serious.  Oh well, I guess we'll find out shortly.

12. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Try forum post Jesus did not die on cross !!

13. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Until he tells someone IF he tells someone we will never know. It is sad though I agree I would have a hard time taking anything he says as offensive.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps there is something in another thread that got him banned:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/39311#post919561

I will see you all around. Not in the forums. I cried the whole day Hokey left. I cried the whole day hat Lyricsingray left. I am done crying for people who I have defended, that turn around and cut in two someone who meant them no harm.

Think what you want. I know more than one person reported Hokey.

For what?
        I would like to know.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64

Sorry Tantrum, for not responding sooner. My computer! I had to restart it twice! I thought I was banned for a minute and was going to e-mail you.  My PC forgot my keyboard.

I cried because I care. But I won't be in the forums so they or you or anyone at all can report me to your hearts content.

LOL
            And why would 'they' ,whoever they are, or me, would report you ?? yikes

Are you the one who reported Hokey ?

Wouldn't surprise me after reading one of your hubs.

2. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i hate to say this Faybe, but i have news for you. no one can "fake" email people and "make it appear as if you are sending the email" as you wrote in the other thread that got locked:

you said, in response to Hokey and Izzy:

Hokey wrote:
        Kimberly I know you are reading this so I just want to say that you are nuts and please quit sending me crazy e-mails. Thanks!

Faybe Bay
        2577 posts
        Hubs: 51

Followers: 186IzzyM wrote:
        I agree with you Faybee. That remark was uncalled for, especially seeing as HE sent HER a fake suicide note!
        If Kimberly is reading this, you have many friends here who wanted you to stay, but wherever you are, you take care girl! And keeping writing! Who can blame you for leaving when you had to put up with people like this?

It's pointless. I think someone else sent the fake suicide note and disguised the e-mail as if from Hokey. He was in a decent mood that day, so was she.

first of all, i believe Hokey. you know why? because after my own falling-out with Lyrics, i ignored her.

completely.

yet she followed my activities on Hubpages and left two comments on my hubs. mean ones. which i denied, continuing to ignore her. THEN she had the nerve to email me and send more nastiness my way. i ignored that as well. you tried to tell ME the same thing, that someone was "pretending to be Lyrics" and somehow magically co-opted Lyric's email address to make it LOOK like her.

oh boy. roll

as i told you then, all anyone has to do is view headers to see the originating IP address!

as for the people saying Hokey sent a "fake" suicide note, THAT is what is uncalled-for. how do YOU know what was in Hokey's heart that day? how do YOU know what he was feeling?! frankly that sickens me that you could jump all over him this way.

1. profile image0
          Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I actually read Hokey's "fake suicide note" and it said nothing about suicide. Kimberly had someone else posting on her Facebook account for her while she was in the hospital. Hokey simply said it was kind of creepy seeing someone else post for her, jokingly. He then said that he was missing his brother.

I'm not sure how that constitutes as a "fake suicide note." If you ask me, Kimberly took it completely out of context and went psycho on Hokey, saying she wanted to spit on his brother's grave and calling him a coward for absolutely no reason at all. There was no "fake suicide note."

Kimberly has also been known to write emails similar to the one Hokey received to other hubbers for absolutely no reason at all, after they merely tried to be her friend. Kimberly has problems. Believe who you want to believe, take whomever's side you please to take, but I saw both emails and Hokey is not at fault with that situation.

Next, it does no good to place blame on other people, as we will never really know who reported Hokey. It is best just to let this issue drop. He'll be back in a few days and it will be like nothing ever happened.

2. Faybe Bay profile image64

I didn't mean it was a fake suicide note! I was told he never sent her a suicide note. I am really trying to get on with my life. I won;t be in the forums and only responded to this because it was you Cosette.

1. profile image0

how many people is Lyrics going to get away with hurting before people say ENOUGH, hmm?

ugh...............WHATEVER!!!

p.s. when i hurt someone i "man up" (even though i am a woman) and admit it. and i don't got a f%%%ing army to got my back. or a whole litany of excuses. we all suffer. we are all in pain at one time or another. i'm not going to be silent. if you want to report me, report me, i don't care!

1. profile image0

While Kimberly is an adult and should be able to take responsibility for her own actions, I believe Kimberly has some mental issues that do not allow her to own up to hurting other people. Until she gets the help she needs, I am afraid that that is just who she is going to continue being.

It is best that we be the bigger people and just let the issue drop, as calling it to further attention will only make the situation worse and the drama more dramatic.

At this stage, concealing things is worse. More so when people decided to say nonsense about it,leaving Hokey as the one with mental issues.

2. profile image0

i beg your pardon but what makes the situation worse is people flinging stuff out there like there is some "mysterious", rogue hubber going around sending fake emails and whanot.

forgive me for having no sympathy for Lyrics. i have been on the receiving end of her wrath and stalking and don't appreciate it. if you think i am small because of my comments, that's your prerogative.

3. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have spoken out very little about the multiple lyricsingray dramafests on the forums, but I think it's time people realize that something is not right with her.  The more people understand that, the quicker they'll stop buying into and feeding her need for attention and drama.

Everything is fun, until it turns into lies and insults.

A shame!
                  We were trying to forget about it, as she has mental problems. But if some people here decided to talk nonsense

like this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/39311?page=4#post919556

Talking of Hokey as if he was a bad person !

1. profile image0
                    PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.  What I'm trying to say is that, until people realize that she is an instigator, they will be taken in by her problems and hurt other people in the process.  So, now it's time to get it out in the open.  Then, forget about it.

2. Jane@CM profile image60
              Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said! Don't you dare get banned Miss!!!

2. tantrum profile image61

That's true. He never sent a suicide note. Lyrics made all that up.

And you know it, because I told you so !
            But you prefer to ignore what was obvious.
            OK ! Go on with your life !

14. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Wow hmm I thought hokey was just a new lingo fad tongue not a actual person lol sorry, lol. Well, am sure he will return and abashed in all the hublove here smile

I didn't know something other than a person could write hubs ?
      How come you didn't know he was a person ? lol

You're scaring me !
      Are you a person ? hmm

lol

2. profile image0

lol I'm pretty sure Hokey is a person, but I could see how someone would think "hokey" was some kind of slang.

The saddest part of all this is that he was probably reported by someone who complains about being reported for no reason.

Honestly, why don't other people get banned? I see hate speech everywhere. I see insults everywhere. Why would Hokey get banned when he is probably one of the kindest people on this site?

15. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

Poor Hokey!!!!  There are so many hubbers who sail close to the wind and Hokey isn't one of them but he'll be back soon, I hope.  Forums are not the same without him.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just saw Hokeys' last post on Jesus did not die on the cross.  Very funny but I guess on a religious forum, somebody might not be laughing.

16. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Wow - I'm surprised at how close you all got in such a short amount of time.  I'm not on here much, but didn't Hokey just join recently?  Sorry for him & whatever else is going on.

Tantrum is right, concealing things is worse - why - because people are being banned left & right - seemingly decent people. 

I'm really am becoming a bit timid about what I say here now.  I could set just one person off and boom - I'd be banned.

1. profile image0

Hokey joined two years ago. I've been here for two months, I think, and Hokey is really the only hubber I've gotten "close to."

I agree that concealing things is worse in some situations, but Kimberly/Lyricsingray left some time ago so dragging that issue up amongst another issue just causes more drama and more hurt feelings.

Don't be timid, Jane. Be respectful in the way you say things, but don't be afraid to state your real opinions.

1. Jane@CM profile image60

Hokey's profile says 2 months, not 2 years (unless Hokey is an alias) I've been here long enough to know he was fairly new & jumped right into the forum fun.

1. profile image0

Really? I thought it said two years, my bad lol

17. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

In honor of Hokey:

Right Speech (Eightfold path)

In Seeking the Heart of Wisdom, Jack Kornfield suggests practicing with Right Speech by trying to speak from the heart, and by avoiding gossip both negative and positive. This means not talking  about people or talking behind their backs, but speaking directly to them. Sometimes this is called as no third party information. If you are irritated or having a problem with someone or even when you have something positive to express, the practice is to speak directly with the person involved, not to talk about it to someone else.

I think one of the characteristics of speech is that by talking to others about someone else, we have a tendency to reduce the fullness of that person to a category. So, the person becomes "that" kind of person. You know, "what would you expect from someone like that?" It is sort of like taking one frame from a movie and using the picture of that instant to be the whole person, freezing both our opinion of them as well as the way we respond to them. I think the more we talk about someone with a third party, the more our opinion becomes solidified, and we mistake this solidity for reality. So, speech can be a conditioning agent whereby we lose our freedom of both perception and response. We, ourselves, become fixed and unable to grow out of a particular opinion of and response to another person. I think this is how our long-term relationships become so conditioned and predictable.

http://www.intrex.net/chzg/pat28.htm

18. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

there must be a mistake, makes absolutly no sense to me , gee hope we dont lose him forever , was just getting to know him , smile

19. tantrum profile image61

I'm sure the person that reported Hokey is regreting her/his action !Because is a friend of Lyrics, and I suppose the last thing he/she would have liked , is all these coming to the open.

Maybe they'll learn the lesson

20. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

..lol  lol  lol

for plucks sake people

Hi everyone (who remembers me) just popped in cuz theres been some movement with my hubs...lol nooooo, not a bowel movement...but ker ching darlings.

Beggars cant be too choosy, got enough to get a doughnut with coffee now...big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where ya been?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Randy....I hassss been playing poker  lol

21. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

Tsk Tsk Tsk!  I leave forums and hubpages for a few days, and THIS is what happens.  Sheesh.  It seems this place is practically falling apart at the seams without me.  What am I going to do with you people?  lol.

Sorry, I was just trying to make light of a situation, and I meant no offense by it.  I can't stay here long since I only came by to check on my hubs, but I decided to stop by forums to say hi to people and saw this thread.

First of all, i think it's rather sad that Hokey was banned.  Seriously, I do.  Although we never talked that much, he always struck me as a stand up guy.  Sure, he wasn't always right about everything he said, but I had a lot of respect for him because he never held back what he wanted to say.  Nor was he afraid to tell a joke when the opportunity arose. He'll certainly be missed here, and I hope he doesn't cancel his account like "A Texan" did when he got banned.  Besides, he promised me he was going to watch over all you ladies while i was gone.  lol.  wink

As far as owning up reporting him.  I doubt seriously anyone will.  You honestly think forum full of hokey's closest and dearest friends on hubpages, will make the alleged culprit admit that he/she reported him?  You really think so?  No offense, but that's like getting on the news, and asking whoever raped and killed a 14 yr old girl to come forward and confess after they clearly gotten away with it.  In an idealistic world, they would come forward to begin with.  However, we don't live in that world.  No, we live in a world in reality where it'll beat anyone down until we can't get up if we let it. Where most people DON'T have morals, and will gladly take advantage of another person if they know they can get away with it.  Not saying I'm like that as I would never hurt anyone intentionally.  I'm just stating an obvious fact of life here.  That's why I doubt seriously anyone here will ever know the truth on who reported Hokey, so it's pointless to even ask. 

I know that my example of a girl getting raped and murdered and equating it to banning a hubber is a bit extreme.  However, I was just giving out that example to make a clear point to EVERYONE here about this. 

I won't comment about the alleged suicide notes or who said what to whom, as I have no idea what you folks are even talking about as I've been away for a while.  However, I will say this.  Please visit this forum where I called out a lot of people who argue in religious forums.  It makes a very valid point on how we all tend to act like selfish babies and children over the the littlest things on forums.  Just because someone says something that contradicts your beliefs, it causes certain hubbers to react in a negative way and verbally attack them.  It's childish and needs to stop.  We're a site full of great and articulate writers here.  Not whining selfish children verbally attacking each other over different view points.  Enough.  Here's the forum address in case anyone here wants to know what I said in the original post, so you all will know what i'm talking about.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38870

Anyway, I apologize to anyone and everyone if I offended you, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in before I left.  I hope BOTH Hokey and Lyrics do choose to come back someday.  As I know things on hubpages won't be the same without them.  Anyway, I hope you all will have a great day.  I probably won't be back on hubpages again for a while due to still  being unemployed, but I hope when I do come back....everyone that I come to know and honored to get to know will still be here.  smile

P.S.  Faybe Bay, please don't leave. Your one of the few people on hubpages that I feel like I can be myself around.  In fact, your one of my favorite people to talk to.  I'd be sad if I never saw you again. sad  However, if you do decide to leave forums for good, then I'll understand.  I just hope you'll reconsider as I know you'll be missed by a lot of people, including myself.  sad

Anyway, peace out you all!

22. Eaglekiwi profile image75

I understand people get attached to people, but seriously the net (incl. HP) is far to big and busy to miss anyone for long.

Reality bites ,or is that bytes lol.

Most everyone  who uses HP will tell you that people move through here like Days of Our Lives...sand thru an hourglass..

Suicide ,gossip, hurt feelings, reality is, we can type n say words, but the problem surfacing has little to do with 'any one site' just my opinion smile

1. Jane@CM profile image60

KIWI - good to see a smilin' face!  Yes, its like As the World Turns but we don't get a picture - just the sound bite.

23. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Hi Jane!!! hugssss and thankyou big_smile good analogy

Speaking of sound ,Im thinking my fingers cant keep up with my mind these days.

Wondering do ya know of any programme that can record your voice and then maybe I could type it all later ( or them) lol

The old days it was a dictaphone or ?? I know maybe I could hit Goggle up and ask for a secretary lol

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  24. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Hey relache , good job and thanks smile

P.S I laugh alot ,guess its a bad habit wink

25. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Well, [cavernous pause....]
    I recognize that I am flawed as a person. I also recognize that we are in a world of flawed people. Some handle their setbacks a lot differently than others, that's pretty obvious, I guess.

But I've learned that however we handle them is actually the way we kind of *need* to in that moment—right or wrong. So when someone lashes out, I used to lash back. And win. Get way more than even. It was a terrible way to live. Even though I won, I really lost. It took time to see the real results. So now I try not to lash out now. (But sometimes I do, still.) If I do lash out, I still regret it eventually.

Hopefully Hokey will be back and things will be good for him. He's been through a lot. So has Kimberly. How they handle what they've been through may be considered right or wrong, but in the end, anything that resembles offending or lashing out is really a sign of needing some acceptance and love, I think. Some will be able to forgive, others not. But that's really the way life is, isn't it? It's hard to not get caught up in drama, but I've been through a lot of drama and try to stay away from it.

Hopefully this will all pass soon, and we can resume regularly scheduled programming.

1. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very well said, Daniel Carter. Thank you for a positive tonight.

26. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

So, Tantrum, who you gonna joke around with now?  big_smile

I joke with Hokey on FB! LOL!

And there's a lot of things to laugh about in here ! lol

I have another friends as well big_smile

1. Rafini profile image83
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh good!  I was worried for you  big_smile

hokey as hokey on fb?

27. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Are you guys serious? Or just joking?

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol

28. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc227/sailor_jupiter_15/Quotes%20Icons%20and%20Anything%20Funny/smile.png

29. profile image0
    getmybackposted 14 years ago

This all sounds horrible, will be glad Hokey when your back.  You have been such a big support
    BillY

30. TheJman profile image62
    TheJmanposted 14 years ago

I'm new here so havent really had a chance to chat much to the Hoks, but on reading his hubs and his posts in here, I can't believe that he could be banned, unless being fun and a good person is against the rules.... we'll i guess we all at risk then!! *Hides* tongue

31. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

As others have said, we all screw up sometimes.
    The only way I could know how I would respond to adversity is if I had been through another person's experience.

Not much chance of really walking in someone else's shoes though, so I just hope all gets back to normal.

32. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Guess Im the only who dont know Hokey

But I do love Hokey Pokey ice-cream ,does that count ..hehe

Wanna lick tongue tongue

http://www.tapeka.com/images/Hokey%20pokey%20Ice%20cream.jpg tongue

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)