When The Rapture Comes

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

So - if those pesky atheists/gnostics/christian kabbalists/agnostics/muslimists/ etc have not driven off the genuine christians - I have a kwestion.

When the rapture comes and you are taken off to be in heaven.....

What happens to your pets?

I saw that someone was offering a service to look after abandoned pets - and...... Well - call me a self serving skeptic if you will but - how much would you be willing to pay to make sure your abandoned pet is properly cared for after the event?

And would you trust an atheist to look after it?

I have a far higher regard for most animals than I do Kristians, so can promise to find it a loving home.

What would this peace of mind be worth to you - say as a yearly insurance fee?

1. BDazzler profile image79
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An buddy of mine sent me a link to that site, I thought it was a joke. Turns out they were serious.

Since I believe in a post-tribulation rapture, and maybe/maybe not necessarily a literal one ... I'm not too worried about my pets.

Of course, I don't currently own any pets ... Just in case, you know wink

2. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most Christians don't even believe there will be an actual rapture, so stop lumping us all in with a 19th century American movement.

Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am talking to the genuine Kristians - not the Katholiks. wink

3. sooner than later profile image62
      sooner than laterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ohh heck. I'll bite. I'm just the sort mark is looking for---> more traditional that is. The answeres are in the book, not the "left behind" movies that this question seems to stem from.

The events in order.
      1. the seven plagues will wipe out most of the population.
      2. the plagues will kill nearly every animal living on earth.
      3. Jesus will return, but never touch the earth.
      4. All wicked will die in his presense. remaining animals die now as well. All that live now are the 144K that are saved. Could be litteral number, but it is prophetic and could be much higher.(nobody knows the real answere to this and I have studied it greatly... so please don't try to convince me of your version. I'd rather wait and see)
      5. The dead in Christ will rise. (those in the grave)
      6. The wicked dead remain dead in the grave or on the ground.
      7. Those risen from the grave will meet with Christ
      8. The few saved that survived the rapture meet with Christ
      9. The wicked that are dead stay on earth(1k years prophetic) to rise once more...their judgement.
      10. The wicked raise from the grave.
      11. The new Jerusalem is placed on earth.
      12. The wicked rally a final war against Christ and the saved.
      13. The wicked are destroyed to an utter end by fire; consumed and dead as if they never existed.

This simple picture that I just painted can be pulled right from the bible. And to answere the question about the animals- well the bible never says what happens to them. Jesus said that every breathing animal has a soul. I'm sure their end fate will be surprisingly pleasant.

1. mega1 profile image78
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

how do you survive the rapture?  the rapture is before Christ returns, then?

4. profile image0
      QuincyDaWonderDogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you mean...dogs don't go to Heaven?

http://pugpuppiesblog.com/files/4789e09a57f43tn.jpg

'k, dat is scandalous yikes

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with the dog on this one!

1. AEvans profile image73
          AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lolololo big_smile he is so unique he is adorable!!! smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That dog should be selling used cars! What a face! lol

1. AEvans profile image73
              AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He certainly should be!!! lololololo big_smile

But he is cute! smile

2. BDazzler profile image79

Dogs go to heaven!

Now, cats, they gotta stay down here with Mark and the nasty blended scotch whiskey.

1. profile image0
          QuincyDaWonderDogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey now...wait a minute...I think I want to be where da cats go. I am willing to tolerate dem for some good scotch wink

Good single malt scotch is in heaven ...

Since the question has come up ... if I may interject for those who happen to believe the bible (for those who don't just put up with me for a minute or two, thanks!)

It's my interpretation that the bible says animals (dogs, and yes even cats!) go to heaven...

I base this on my interpretation of the following verse:

Revelation 5:13: And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne ...

It looks to me like the animals are praising the Creator in this verse. 

So, sorry Mark, I'm not buying your rapture insurance for my pets.  Except I don't have any.  But if I did I wouldn't.  'cuz they're coming with!

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

Not only is your concept of the "rapture" off,
      but no I wouldn't trust you to look after a rock, much less a pet. 

Why don't you write a book about making money in the tribulation?
      Many silly misguided people would probably buy it right now;  you can be sittin' high and mighty on the stupidity of people, like Obama is!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice Christian response.
        I guess your other cheek got slapped one too many times, eh?

1. profile image0

Perhaps.   Maybe by the mercenary type you're defending.

Some people see dollar signs in everything, just waiting to swoop in and grab whatever they can at someone else's expense.

1. Danny R Hand profile image59
            Danny R Handposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those people are called Republicans! HEE HEE HEEEEEE!!!!!!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

My concept? I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life, well.... except for everything you say.

Interesting that you have such a low opinion of my caring abilities though. Wouldn't trust me to look after a rock huh? I will have you know I have several pet rocks and  some of them are not dead yet.

And while you are here being educated, may I recommend the concept known as a "joke"? It is what non-religious people do to while away the time and make waiting around to die more fun, instead of pointing accusing fingers at the sinners. wink

I understand Jesus liked a good joke every now and then. lol

1. profile image0

You "have several pet rocks and some of them aren't dead yet"!

haha now THAT's a funny joke!   I like it!
          Yes even I have a sense of humor.  Lots more times than I'm given credit for around here, for sure.  But yeah I do.

It's rather good to see that you do too.
          I do appreciate you being a bit kinder than usual in your reply, too.   And am wondering if it's 'cause it's "your" thread.
          Not holdin' my breath on a recurrence, of course....

big_smile

Dear me - you do have a low opinion of me don't you?  And all because I believe in love and tolerance. How odd. wink

Sure - you should expect a "kind" response for telling me you wouldn't trust me to look after a rock.

Great job on hiding the sense of humor though. I am fooled totally. Just so you know - if you have to tell people you have a sense of humor.........  wink

1. profile image0

No kiddin'??

sheesh!  YOU had to tell ME you had a sense of humor!  So what's the difference?

ha

Ummm - No. I didn't.

Scroll up.

1. profile image0

I'm tired of scrolling for now!

Gonna go have a snack.  The talk of BBQ made me hungry!

hmmmm BBQ dog, arggghhhhhh big_smile

6. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe two pets are allowed on the trip as long as they are carried on board.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

lol
    Well presented. I don't have pets. I have exes. I assume from their dialog that I will be left behind with you to look after the kinder creatures of the earth. As for others, I await their responses...

I will sign you up as a "carer" immediately. smile

BDazzler - there is more than one kind of rapture? Dear me. Try as I might - I can find no such thing in the good bok. wink

The idea of the rapture comes from 1 Thes 4:17  Then we who are alive and remain will be caught  up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always  be with the Lord. 

(Emphasis mine)

The term "rapture" is from a Latin word used in the Vulgate for the phrase "caught up".

The question is when does this occur. I believe this question is open to interpretation. 

The idea of a "pre-tribulation" rapture was introduced or popularized in the late 1800s or early 1900s (I'm doing this off the top of my head, so dates may be off) and became popular among evangelicals.

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

caught up together with them in the clouds translates to glorified, as in cloud by day, cloud of witnesses.

i don't think it points to an collective event..

You may be correct. I think that eschatological scriptures are among the most easily mis-interpreted, and that's why there's such a huge divergence of opinions on what they mean.

They are often based on conclusions from deductions from interpretations of translations ... which leaves a lot of room for error in my mind. 

I'm one of the smartest people I know, and I can't figure it out well enough to take responsibility for teaching it! wink

2. profile image0

If you are taken, you still have to make your alimony payments.

3. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Mark you really enjoy stirring up the Bees don't you?

No - I am just worried about the abandoned pets. I mean - if Jesus does come back to whisk off the righteous - that will be an awful lot of pets

I will organize to take care of them. Daniel has already offered to be a "carer" and any fool can see he is a nice guy. Plus - I will make some money on the side.

You can't take it with you. wink

1. Ohma profile image59
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wont be going so i guess I am a pet keeper as well.

1. barryrutherford profile image76
          barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well someone has to keep the RSPCA in business

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

Then we flip a coin to see who gets the nice ones.
          smile

1. Ohma profile image59

we could share that would be the Kristian thing to do. tongue

No, I think we can determine an equitable solution without pretending to be religious. Besides the boss (Mark) is a hardnosed smart arse. We can't lose our jobs on the first day! There may not be a lot else to do beside poop scooping and between you and me, I think I'd rather save that for the religious nuts who didn't make the jump to light speed.
              wink

2. profile image0
        cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i want to be in charge of the bunnies smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image62

As principle fool (aka: "nice guy") in your operation, you'll need to be prepared that I charge a hefty fee plus perks and backend bonuses. There is a reason I won't make the rapture.
        wink

1. CMHypno profile image84
          CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If there are going to be plagues following the rapture, you will need good healthcare too!

4. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Well, according to one faith, we're supposed to be reincarnated as pets ourselves....so, maybe...we could all give each other company....! big_smile

1. profile image0

Wow, which ones believe that?

5. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

That is an interesting question, but, only a smart televangelist will give you a money answer, as in how much is your pet's true salvation worth to you? As some televangelists are selling rapture kits to prepare you if you are not saved. $250.00!

That really tells you that if there is a rapture, these crooks are going to be lavishing themselves with all kinds of stuff from the money they will get up until a rapture occurs. It's just a bunch of BS. If there is a rapture as described in the bible, why would anyone need a kit? And, who would be stupid enough to buy one? It's like being at ground zero just before the bomb drops, and some idiot is trying to sell you water and life insurance.

There is always some con going on.

6. BDazzler profile image79
    BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

BTW according the the BAV (That's the BDazzler Authorized Version) of the bible, the pets and Single Barrel Jack are coming with, and y'all are getting stuck with nasty critters like viruses and nasty blended scotch and Evan Williams.

See- that is my definition of hell right there. Evan Williams?

Yeah, nastiest whiskey I ever had the misfortune of tasting.

Ah - you have obviously never tried Suntory Scotch. wink

I have not ... and thanks for the warning!

7. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I've been a fan of the Toronto Raptures since they started playing in the NBA.  I'm not sure about their pets, but the players start disappearing around playoff time.

8. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

and what happens if they catch up the wrong person (someone like me, for instance) and bring them up into the rapture and then have to evict them for being ripe old sinners - do they just get dropped back anywhere?  will they be put back in their homes?  and then what?  will there be "after-rapture ptsd" for the unacceptable ones?  or do those kind of mistakes happen?   oh, you have made me think of so many more queschings!

Well Satan got into heaven originally. I guess you'll just have to get kicked out with the likes of him or resign yourself to stay here with the rest of us. However, if you spontaneously levitate, I'm not standing near you.

9. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

you'll have to go into the doggie daycare business, and expand it to cats, turtles, birds, hamsters.. lions, tigerssss and bears, oh my! big_smile

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 13 years ago

Mark...can I help out with the animals? please??? smile

11. sooner than later profile image62
    sooner than laterposted 13 years ago

Mega1
    The rapture is the gathering of the saved to meet up with Jesus, both dead and alive. Are you wondering how to survive the plagues and be one of the 144K(prophetic). Those people witness the final events including the plagues. I don't know if all of the saved alive at the start of the plagues will survive. Guess time will tell.

12. sooner than later profile image62

I'm off. Peace to all, Sooner.
    Mega1- I hope I answered your question. if not, I will try later.

13. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Mark...  you seem to be able to pinpoint those parts that christians are in error for believing.
       There is a bug in the water! You spotted it !
    do ya through out the baby with the wash cause there is a bug in the water?????   Yea I guess ya do !

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Also if anybody wants to kinow???...  The rapture happened about 1900 years ago!   We are living in the times of the Gentiles.   Read your bible !!!!!

14. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Mark, of all people I would entrust you to look after our 3 Cocker Spaniels, 5 Cockatiels and 1 Dove I know that you would give them plenty of TLC.smile

15. sooner than later profile image62

yes, watch my dead pets too

16. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

Well I am staying with the animals, so much nicer than being stuck with a load of people who willingly left their pets behind!!! My guess is that even Jesus will agree after a donkey was nice enough to carry him and Oxen, sheep etc were there at his birth, but people apparently nailed him to a cross and his followers didn't try and step in and rescue him. I reckon he needed a good pack of dogs behind him who would have defended him to the death wink

17. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

http://blog.cravingstogo.com/wp-content/draw-straws-who-wins-sundays-game-football-strategy.jpg

Ewe R jist 2 sassy fer me, girl.
      I love it!

18. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

LOL

19. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

Since the question was directed towards genuine Christians such as myself, I'll go ahead and answer in loving meekness, that there is no way in Hell I would take the chance of leaving my pets to be exposed to such athestic propaganda. I would rather my dog and/or cat die a martyr's death than take the chance.wink

Signed, your brother in Christ.
    Onus.................

I assume the only way that your pet could die a martyr is to murder it.
      I think you may be painting yourself in a corner by what you said.

Ohma and I would be willing to rescue your death threatened pet, if we knew where it is....

Just sayin'.

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a chance. Martyr's death I say. neutral

2. Ohma profile image59

Ditto that save the Animals!

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jjim Jones coolaid for all of them.

Bless you all...........smile

2. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

20. BDazzler profile image79
    BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

This is, of course, a topic of serious debate among the various denominations... Consider these two churches across the street from each other ...

http://bobbiblogger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/9cf6dc.jpg

Wait. These guys HAVE to be in the religion forums already, don't they!!
      This is way too much fun!

All cases dismissed regarding religion. These signs speak for themselves!

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is beautiful.
        I love sign wars.

21. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I'm taking my two Danes with me. The cats can fend for themselves! They're mostly feral, anyway, so I'd never be able to catch 'em.

My canine furkids are kinder and more compassionate than most humans I know.

22. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

When the rapture comes, my skin is going to be glistening with sweat and I'm going to be panting hard and heavy.

After the rapture comes, I'm going to roll over, exhausted, and sleep for about six hours... and nobody better wake me up either.

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think that is when YOU come, not the rapture

1. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I thought my coming was my rapture.

23. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 13 years ago

What about children who haven't converted? I don't see anyone offering to take care of the kids.

And what's with these parents? Going on rapture vacation and leaving the children in the hands of the sodomite baby killers????

That's what it takes?

I'm staying home!

24. KeithTax profile image71
    KeithTaxposted 13 years ago

Mark, I'll be over with the BBQ sauce after the rapture. You still plan on taking care of pets in year R+1? Right?

R+1 is the first year after the rapture.

BBQ DOg now THAT's gross.

1. KeithTax profile image71
        KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was actually thinking more along the line of a cat. You know, pus....

1. Disturbia profile image61
          Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've heard it all tastes just like chicken

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yup, and very stringy.

2. profile image0

haha
        but that's actually more realistic, more likely to happen during the tribulation.....if the tribulation were real....

25. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Jesus is not to come again physically. To know as to what it means by rapture, please google <Jesus 1835-1908>

Thanks

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did he text you that He has been indefinitely delayed?

1. Obscure Divine profile image59
        Obscure Divineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is out of gas money; more donations please...  Damn, how much money does this guy need!!!  Ha-ha!

2. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friends

A person who had died a natural and peaceful death like Jesus , who died in India; that person cannot come again; only another person like him can come. Jesus himslef explained to the Jews the meaning of Elijah's second coming. So Jesus' second coming is only to set right the religion called "Christianity"; this is being done very nicely by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908.

Thansk

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)