What makes you happier?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Are you happier when you earn a little bit of money from a hub or knowing that the information/help you have provided in a hub has really been of value to a reader?

Personally I am a bit torn. I love seeing that I have made some money and am noticing that if my amazon sales fall off my google ad sense earnings increase so can have a little excitement often. On the other hand when I get a comment like one I got today I want to dance around the flat! I love that a site review type hub got someone excited and might just be a great thing in their life, and that I am responsible for that.

I think maybe I really just want it all! big_smile lol

1. Daddy Paul profile image63
      Daddy Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am here to make money and share what I know. If you gain from my hubs great. If I make money great. I have learned a lot from others writing. Much of the writing here is very honest and shares life experience.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Money. There are people who would like me to feel ashamed of that, but I am not smile

3. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 14 years ago

For me, it's equal.  I love to be able to help people out, and getting paid for it, well, that's just a nice sweet little bonus.

The world is built on relationships and communication.  If we wern't able to form those two, then we'd still be slappin' sticks together and prayin' for rain.  I'd rather know that I've made a difference in the world.. but still, in order to do that, yes, I need a little cash flow.

Smell what I'm steppin' in? big_smile

4. kirstenblog profile image78

It sounds like perhaps folks would like a balance, between feedback that you helped someone and earning money. That sounds fair enough to me smile

5. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

For me it's all good.  I like making money and I like it if people have enjoyed/gotten something out of my writing.

Though, lots more money would be great! smile

6. kirstenblog profile image78

CMHypno, lots more money would be frickin spectacular! yikes

7. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

The thing that actually motivates me to continue is checking analytics and seeing people from all over the world that actually spent time and read anything I wrote.  Everytime I see a new google I get excited to see what part of the world the reader was from.

8. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Personally, since I have a regular job elsewhere, I'm here solely for writing...and so nothing matters more to me than my work being read and valued. But I don't see why anyone here for money should not feel as happy at some appreciation of their work too. infact, I know lots of good writers here who are dependent on HP for money, but that doesn't take away from their talent in anyway... smile

9. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I am happy when people can find inner peace and joy when reading my material

10. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 14 years ago

What makes me happier here is that I can write about whatever I want to write about and if that's my drawing, horror movie obsessions and the occasional funny hub, then that's even better....but I'm still happier when I make money everyday here!

11. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I honestly don't care much about the earnings of my hubs-but I get gitty & happy when I have lots of comments left, and if I know it helped another person in some way.

12. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I agree with MOW, Im here soley to write and hopefully help somebody out. BUT this is really supposed to be a money making thingy and so I am happy for other people when they make money.

13. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Real honest answer???
    Its the $$$. smile

14. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Right now it's the writing & sharing info.  Once I start earning money...I'm sure it'll be the money! hmm smile

15. winky123 profile image59
    winky123posted 14 years ago

i dont know

16. tfhodge profile image61
    tfhodgeposted 13 years ago

'Feeling' happy and 'being' happy are quite a distinction. With or without material things, I am happy because I choose it, as well as choosing to be thankful.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)