Want to introduce your hub neighbors?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. gramarye profile image60
    gramaryeposted 14 years ago

Today I got curious about hubbers in the list from the drop-down menu bar, and I got searching for myself. I found myself on page 75, right next door to my newfound neighbors, IvyCrenshaw and Chaotic Chica, so I paid them a visit. Ivy had a great hub about coffee mugs, and Chaotic Chica writes about overcoming abusive relationships with passion and ease, bringing this topic into the open. It felt nice introducing myself to my neighbors on today's list!

Why don't you introduce us to your hub neighbors?

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years ago

Sorry I am slow are you asking us to post another hubbers profile or our own or just mention their name and hub like you have done.

If so I see there being no benefit, for example the hubber you mentioned and topics of his hubs
    no one is likely to check it out

Possibly can't you provide the link to this hubber and maybe one link to his hub, then people will visit ones listed.

Not sure that made sense, but if it helps this forum does what I think your talking about, in a round about way

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24079

Sorry just trying to understand

Thanks smile

gramaryeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm just wondering if you have ever looked at the hubbers in the hubbers list to see who are your neighbors?

I didn't realize I was communicating so poorly...

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not understanding the term neighbors, in the year I have been here have not heard this term.  Yes I am aware of our listing of hubbers, I am not saying your communicating poorly I believed you were onto a good thing and wanted to participate.  However I will just take the loss and say goodbye.

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're asking about hubs+hubbers in the right hand sidebar of hub ? or they're shown somewhere else ?

3. MyWebs profile image77
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

While your intent is great and all any hubber with a author score less than around 90 is going to have to click on tons of pages to find their name. The lower the score the more digging through pages to find your nick. The lower the score the number of pages to find yourself increases drastically. Any hubber with a 70's score will probably be looking through over 1,000 pages of results. Of course if you have a 100 your on page one or two. Sorry too much work for most of us. I am assuming you mean the hubbers section up top, right?

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol I have not yet found mine. Gee I wish their was a short-cut. sad

2. gramarye profile image60

Yes, the hubbers section at the top. I just went through about 5 pages at a time till I got to the right neighborhood. Not a huge effort, but I noticed a lot of interesting people as I flicked through, and made a note of a few people of particular interest. I thought it was quite an interesting experience... But maybe not everyone shares my notion of interesting...

4. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 14 years ago

OK.

I am on page 4, in the illustrious company of Moon Daisy and Bristol Boy . Coincidentally, both my neighbors are Britishers, and are actually neighbors (sort of) - Moon Daisy is from London and Bristol Boy is from Bristol, about 100 miles away from London.

Moon Daisy has written great hubs on pregnancy and parenting. Bristol Boy's hubs have lots of info on England, and he has also compiled a number of Top 10 lists.

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I still don't know where the drop-down menu is.  lol   I know how to go through the Hubbers until I see myself - is that what people are doing?  Doesn't StumbleUpon have a thing with neighbors?

The one thing I do have with the neighbors thing here, though, is that some of us (like me) are vagabonds or at least transients - changing neighbors all the time.  smile  (Do vababonds and transients even have neighbors, come to think of it?)

Yes, our neighbors change all the time, so its just a snapshot in time of who is next to you.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just found my neighbors of the day.   (I think I'm the rif-raf of the neighborhood.  lol  )  I'm not sure how to spell "rif-raf" but I'm not going to look it up right now.  lol    (I wonder if not being sure of how to spell "rif-raf" means I AM rif-raf - or I'm not?   lol  )

6. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I can save you all a ton of trouble.  Just go read my hubs.  Not one of them is written for money.  It's all anger, sarcasm, satire, pissiness, cynicism and a couple of academic ones that get me craptons of daily hits but that you can spot immediately and blow off.  I wouldn't read them either.  lol.

So, screw your fellow hubbers.  Read my stuff.   smile

7. Lisa HW profile image62

Shadesbreath, interesting all-around approach.  I've just recently decided to spend a couple of weeks whining, belly-aching, and generally making a big stink about a lot of things, myself.  There's something to be said for it - at least from the writer's viewpoint.  lol

8. cupid51 profile image69
    cupid51posted 14 years ago

My First neighbor is oliversmum; her latest hub is 'no cooking recipe | apricot slice'.

My second neighbor is AlanSwenson; his latest hub is Denby Mugs: Where to Get the Best Deals'

9. Lisa HW profile image62

I had found myself on Page 7, just went back to get the names of my neighbors, and discovered I've been booted off Page 7 - and now I have to find myself again!   lol

Ok - same neighbors, different page:   Ripple Maker and Liam Bean

10. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Heck had to scroll to page 28. My neighbors are Tom Cornett and Cashmere.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)