Who would win in a fight? Jesus or Batman?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I would have to take Batman. There just is no denying the caped crusader!  big_smile

http://www.popcultureshock.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/050728-Batman0.jpg

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Jesus can take a beating and keep on going.  Batman on the other hand could get impaled and that would be it.  Lucky for Batman, Jesus wouldn't lift a finger so....

It would have to be draw. A stalemate.

1. terced ojos profile image61
        terced ojosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus wouldn't fight Batman.

Batman has a chronic psychotic belief that he's "Batman"

Jesus would heal "Batman" of this disorder and you would find Bruce Wayne sitting at the feet of Jesus in his right mind thanking Jesus for healing him.

1. Hokey profile image61
          Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol smile lol lol

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well first of all, you have to consider the fact that jesus was proven to be a real person, believe it or not. However, if he's truly the messiah described in biblical texts is a different story, as that's up to your own interpretation.  As for batman, he's not even freaking real to begin with. 

However, if we're going off the assumption that batman is a real person and happens to somehow miraculously meet jesus.  this would depend again on what you think jesus is.  If he's just another man, then obviously batman would kill him.  If jesus is the son of god and has the powers described in biblical texts, then batman wouldn't stand a chance since he has no powers.  anyway, that's my take on it as it depends on  what you choose to believe.  although i know that's not a direct answer, but i'd rather not say who i would pick to win, as i know how uber sensitive you people are when it comes to religious views.  therefore, this response will just have to suffice.

1. Hokey profile image61

I like your answer.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I'm not so sure that batman would want to fight jesus... well, I suppose that the dark knight would.

1. Hokey profile image61

Batman would kick Jesus' butt!

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

Batman - the Americans always win smile

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apart from Vietnam, Korea, the first five wars against the British before bringing in the Spanish and French, and arguably all three of the Seminole wars hmm not to mention the current war in Afghanistan, where there will never be a 'winner' as the objective isn't clear and they are effectively fighting for a democracy which is simply run by another faction of the taliban.... Unless.... you are talking about the movies? Yes, they always win in the movies...

1. Padrino profile image61
        Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"the first five wars against the British"

What 5 wars were those?

1. profile image0

Sorry, I meant the first five attempts to force the British out of the states... before the Spanish declared war on the British in 1779, I guess that this can be considered a collective 'war', although it could be argued that a new war had started at that point. I suppose that you lot were the eventual 'winners' so you could write that history however you wish, although the only real losers were Native Americans of course.... since they supported British plans for an Indian nation and are instead still persecuted and oppressed in filty slums as a result. Perhaps it could still be time for you to form that Indian nation? I believe it stretched from Ohio to Wisconsin, maybe they could call it 'America'?

In my History classes we were taught that the British had the best Army in the world, so I guess it might take a little while and some help to remove their presence from America!

Of course, we did win the war and the history was written by us. The British could have actually been scrubs, I don't know.

1. profile image0

I'm sure that we did have the best army in the world, but it was fought on your soil, there are certain logistical problems. I mean, in those days they didn't even understand that eating vegetables stopped everybody from getting scurvy on the boats lol It could all have been avoided of course, if we had afforded those based in America the same rights as those based in the UK... instead we just stole the natural resources. The result of losing was our attentions being turned to India of course, which we colonised next... then dozens of French Islands.... New Zealand... I guess that we are just walking over countries together now, Afghanistan and Iraq are just another form of colonisation of course.

Technically it was the Kings therefore British soil, was it not? Otherwise we wouldn't have been fighting.

2. Hokey profile image61

Stop drinking! we are talking about Batman and Jesus. Not the revolutionary war!

2. Hokey profile image61

You are so far out of topic! yikes

Shame, Shame yikes

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

considering a middle easterner born  approx 2043 years ago was probably around 5'4" - I dont imagine it would be much of a contest.

1. profile image0

Well Batman is 6" 2", that certainly does give him a big reach advantage!

1. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Small guys move fast though!

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeh, but they do need to be alive! smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Good question! I will ponder this one.  big_smile

2. mythbuster profile image71
      mythbusterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

perhaps if the middle easterner were given a cape?

smile

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Welcome back Irish! Not seen you around in a while.

Have to go with batman on this one!

1. Hokey profile image61

big_smile

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

also "turn the other cheek" isnt really a strong martial concept. But, on the other hand, he isnt likely to stay down.

Eventually, batman will get tired.

Is it one on one or does Big J get to bring his followers into the mix?

1. profile image0

Does Batman get Michael Caine and the Batmobile?

1. Hokey profile image61

Of course!

2. Hokey profile image61

Its one on one! No disciples! yikes

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

If the fight is held in the middle of a lake, the edge goes to J-dog.

1. Hokey profile image61

Maybe. Good point!

8. theirishobserver. profile image60

hello - thisisoli - I have been busy - I have published 4 chapters of my auto -bio on my hubs and 3 chapters of my book on the IRA - so little time to get chatting smile ryankett - I can only go by the movies and the Americans always win - I just cant see a lightweight guy in sandles beating Batman smile

1. Hokey profile image61

Good man!

9. theirishobserver. profile image60

I assume that Batman would have to travel to the Holy land as a dark skinned guy in robes and sandles - and sporting a beard and bible would not get through airport security - surely he would be on Home Land Security 'to watch list' smile

He could wear a cowboy hat and speak Spanish and waltz right on in!

Jesus could learn Spanish pretty quick.

10. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Huh.  Excuse me?  Superman would win cuz Superman is better than Batman!  lol

1. Hokey profile image61

Rafini we are talking about batman. We will talk about superman later. big_smile

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry, couldn't help it, love superman, batman is okay but robin was way cuter, sorry, superman rules....big_smile

(gosh, can't believe I'm even discussing this!! lol)

11. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 14 years ago

I reckon Jesus would nail it !  Batman fights like a girl.

1. Hokey profile image61

Doesnt look girly to me!   big_smile

http://www.playworksonline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/batman_arkham_asylum_screen.jpg

12. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Jesus would refuse to fight, so batman, would shake hands and walk away, almost converted

13. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Blah blah blah ba blah ba blahba Splatman!

14. Disturbia profile image62
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

I'm thinking it would be Jesus hands down, however, it's not likely he would even fight, since peace and love were his thing,
    but any guy who can walk on water, turn water into wine, and feed a gazillion people with a few loaves of bread and some fish, has got to be able to send batman to another planet.

1. Hokey profile image61

But Jesus is just flesh. Susceptible to all Batmans gadgets and weapons.

1. Disturbia profile image62
        Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But Jesus can make miracles happen so he doesn't need gadgets and weapons.

1. Hokey profile image61

I have never seen jesus do any miracles. I have seen batman kick butt!

15. lender3212000 profile image61
    lender3212000posted 14 years ago

Man, I bet Dana White would love to get his hands on that card!

16. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Looks like Jesus is getting ready for the throwdown.

http://www.runswithscissors.info/images/funny/funny_jesus_9.gif

17. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Yup! Definately in training.

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/sites/default/files/Jesus_halo_awesome_funny_jesus.jpg

18. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 14 years ago

Short run? Batman. Jesus doesn't believe in fighting. He'd run out of cheeks pretty quick.

Long run? Jesus. Batman will eventually die, and probably won't have the mojo to come back from the dead.

Nothing says victory like outliving your enemies. smile

1. Disturbia profile image62
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awesome point!

19. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago

Why would Jesus have anything against Batman?  Batman does a great job!

1. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just hypothetical fun! big_smile

2. Hokey profile image61

He is called "The Dark Knight"......and he has horns.

20. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

Are we saying that they are both fictional characters?

Well the bible has sold better than the batman comic books though we must concede that the bible has had a longer run. Also the bible has been translated into more languages. What's more you will find more images of Jesus around than you will find of The Batman. So there you have it.

1. Hokey profile image61

Just for this thread yes. smile

21. profile image0
    Tom Maitlandposted 13 years ago

Absolutely Batman. They always say evil beats good right? I figure though, Batman is an evil looking good guy - so that's invincible!

1. Hokey profile image61

I totally agree!

22. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I guess it's safe to employ condemation regarding Christian Religion since if one tried it with other religious group they'd be receiving death threats.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)