Fatwa to working Muslim women

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (147 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

The largest Muslim seminary in India, Darul Uloom of Deoband, has issued a fatwa against working Muslim women, saying working with men is not Islamic.

The fatwa says it is unlawful for Muslim women to do any job in government or private institutions that entails men and women working together and women having to talk to men without the veil.

The Deoband clerics say it is clearly mentioned in the Shariat that women should wear the veil in office and should not mix with male colleagues.

what are your views on it?

1. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The way you have mentioned this Fatwa is misleading.
      There is a difference between "working with men" and "mixing with men."
      "mixing with men" means useless friendships that can lead to vulgarity, going to dance parties etc.
      Islam prohibits such immoral activities that can lead to an un-balanced social setup.
      Otherwise, simply working is not an objection.
      This forum is too limited to explain the ethics of Islam, but in short, I will say that are in the very  benefit of womens and even many western women , who are not yet muslim, are recognizing this fact.
      I will write in detail sometime later, but be positive. We should not go in opposition, to anything, so much deep that we may feel it hard to accept even the positive aspects of that thing.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@mohsin i have not myself made about comments..i took it from news website and i wanted to know more about it?

2. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why on earth shouldn't women and men be friends and what is 'vulgar' about going to a dance party?

Seems to me to be the same old thing - a bunch of men trying to tell women how to lead their lives.  Newsflash - women have as much right as men to lead their lives exactly as they choose!

smile

3. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And who are you to decide on why they shouldn't join parties and vulgarity ? What you consider as vulgarity is  not the case with all of us. Giving birth to 4-8 kids for the sake of religion is vulgarity for me, what ya think on that. Want to justify this ?

lol, unbalanced setup ? let me guess bombing on non-islamic regions and killing non-islamic is not unbalanced setup, i see. Again why should islam decide what is good and bad for the world ?

So men in islam wants to dictate what women should do and don't ? and this is not slavery right ?

after all this mess, there are any ethics of islam ? enlighten me.

blind faith at it's best.

smile

2. Sab Oh profile image56
          Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"So men in islam wants to dictate what women should do and don't ? and this is not slavery right ?"

Slavery is exactly what Islam is.

2. leeberttea profile image56
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do we care what people believe? Don't they have a right to belive what they want?

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, you aren't aware of the last 2000 years of constant holy wars in which believers kill each other over why they care what people believe?

1. NightEmpress profile image60
          NightEmpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So why do you care ? yikes

lol

1. profile image54

Because the holy wars continue today and are destroying mankind. See current events.

Not only the Holy Wars are destroying mankind. That's a very simplistic way of putting it.

1. profile image54

Do you have a point?

No. I have a period.

2. profile image54

Religion, in general, has pervaded all of our societies for centuries. Religion removes the ability to reason. We have molded our societies based on the religious mindset, with no reason or rationale. It is far more complicated than just having to deal with their holy wars, too.

2. leeberttea profile image56

People kill each other for many reasons, if not religion, it's money, land, or water. No one is going to change that.

1. profile image54

A defeatist. Give in to the killing. Do nothing.

I was under the impression we had laws against killing. So yes, we did change that.

1. leeberttea profile image56

Not a defeatist, a realist. Of course we have laws against killing and ironically we even impose the death penalty for it. So has this stopped killing? Obviously not, though it may perhaps have given someone contemplating murder pause. That is really the best we can do.

1. profile image54

I would disagree.

You'll find prisons are full of believers. That should account for your misunderstanding.

2. CMHypno profile image83

Trouble is the men get to believe and the women get to toe the line - and being stoned to death, beaten or otherwise abused if they dare to have ideas of their own

And they cut thieves'  right hands, so ? It's their Religion and Philosophy . In USA you have the death penalty.How many people have been wrongly killed ? To each its own.

1. CMHypno profile image83

Not from the US! In the UK, we do not have the death penalty and I personally would never vote for it's return.

So as a woman, you think that it is ok for other women to be stoned to death? Or that enforced female circumcision is ok? Religious beliefs are one thing, but violence and abuse of human beings in the name of religion is another

Of course I'm against ! Just as I'm against any violence. But all the religions have their dirt. What about the Inquisition ? Or any war named in the Bible ?
              And abuse of human beings is a must of any religion.

1. CMHypno profile image83

I think the difference is that this is going on today.  Also, it's not just the way some (not all by any means) Muslim's offer disrespect and violence to women, but I feel the same way about any religion that tells people what they can think, wear, behave and then abuses them if they do not conform.

3. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am in favor of this law!

More jobs for men!

smile

4. errum fattah profile image61
      errum fattahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

c if there is nobody for women, means she's widow and she also having kids than she's allowed to work and go out of home. but if there is anybody for the serve of home than she's not allowed.

may be it is ur opinion...bcoz there are lots and lots of muslim woman exceling in their careers and they are not widow...even ur country has women minister now..in website called arab news ,there is section on top 100 woman enterprenuers..

the more woman are empowered , the more we would see betterment of the world as per my opinion...

1. kerryg profile image84
          kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, even within the Muslim world there is a tremendous variety in interpretation of the passages concerning dress and women's rights in the Quaran.

My husband's female relatives all consider themselves faithful and devout Muslims, but almost all of them work outside the home and none of them wear veils or head coverings of any kind except during formal prayer. They mingle freely with unrelated men, though they are definitely more conservative about what types of interactions are allowed than most Americans would be.

what does quran say about dress of woman?..is burqa/hijab compulsory ?

1. errum fattah profile image61

islam says women to hide her face including body, this is in the davantage of women bcuz women feels comfortable when men's sight is not following her. hijab is a difference b/w muslim women and non muslim women. we are proud of it. if u wants more detail and if u r intrested then u should find about surah ehzab its complete guidness for womenin islam.

1. Greek One profile image64

do you cover your face completely?

alhamdulillah i cover my face completely, thanks to Almighty Allah who made me able for this good deed.  u knw,  last year i dont use to cover my face i just cover my body but i was feeling shame of it, than i once prayed Allah to make me able for it and then soon Allah accepted my prayer and now alhamdulillah im a hijabi. smile

2. pisean282311 profile image61

i just wanted to know whether it is in quran that woman have to hide her face including body ?..i know many muslim woman and dont see this practice in my country ...atleast with urban women...so i asked that may be it is not compulsory and more about arab tradition than about religion?..

no its not the arab tradition its in the religion and women have to follow it.
                  i know nowadays most of women had left this kind thing. its very sad point tht is y muslims r now backward bcuz they had stoped following islam.

so the hijab! did u learned quran including surah ahzab? if u did than u would know abt the hijab and burakhas.  well, women have to hide her face bcuz face is a root cause of all problems . this is not am saying this is wat the  religions says.

why is the picture on your profile one of a woman who is breaking the laws of islam by not covering her face?

2. FranyaBlue profile image73
                  FranyaBlueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pisean..If you are interested in what the Quran has to say about covering, here is a good site to read...

http://www.muhajabah.com/niqabdalils.htm

Some of it is a bit long winded but if you can get through it then it explains things quite well.

3. profile image54

Islam also states that women are not to talk to strangers who are of the male persuasion. You are doing that here. What do you have to say about that?

1. profile image0
                  crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think we're allowed to stone her.

Watch the movie the Stoning of Soraya (based on a true story), and we'll see how well you still support your Shari'a.  Islamic countries were much better off before the Shah was overthrown.

1. profile image48
                    paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend crmhaske

There is no stoning mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

2. errum fattah profile image61

(Q).... wat u told tht im not allowed to talk with strangers,... so for the kind information am not talking to u, u cannot listen my voice, u can't c me.... so now in the world where its stupid???

2. FranyaBlue profile image73

Salam errum

I think Islam allows women to work as it is advised to employ house helpers/cleaner/cooks etc and wet nursing is also allowed in Islam. So even if the woman has a full family to take care of...if she can afford to employ help or if she has family willing to help then there is nothing wrong with it.

u know another point, tht women should also study hard and more science and she should become a doctor bcuz there r many personal  diseases in womans which the men can't understand and the patient can't show it to men so i think tht most of women should work hard for it.  isalm had also allowed.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I know where it comes from. They get it out of the quoran, just like Christians pull their narrow minded stuff from the bible
    The quoran is written like the bible, you can make it attack any person at any time with the text therein.

Simple minds that's all. smile

1. Sab Oh profile image56

LOL @ atheists talking of "simple minds"!

3. Haunty profile image72
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

And just what do these Islamic scholars know about real life?

If God knew everything why would SHE tongue have given her teachings in a book format that is clearly open to interpretation?

Anyway some say that this fatwhatever is not always reliable (as in in accordance with the book).
    http://islam.about.com/od/law/g/fatwa.htm

but my friend this is not coming from someone , it is from deoband..the biggest seminary in India.

4. FranyaBlue profile image73
    FranyaBlueposted 13 years ago

imo as a Muslim woman, the whole purpose of wearing Hijab/veil is so that we can go out and freely interact with the rest of the community and not be seen for just our appearance but for what we can contribute to society.

What I'm trying to say is...What would be the point of women having to cover if they were never going to be exposed to other men?

Is that why men are forced to wear them too?

5. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Why cover their faces anyway. If God (or allah in this case) wanted womens faces to not be seen, wouldn't he have covered it with hair or some other natural covering?

Why don't men have the same requirement too then?

The Bible makes no rules about womens faces needing covering.
    Although there is an example where a man (Moses) had to wear a veil to cover his face.

Just curious! hmm

1. FranyaBlue profile image73

Hi aka, my reply is a bit late but anyway....

"If God wanted womens faces to not be seen, wouldn't he have covered it with hair.."

"Why don't men have the same requirements.."

In Islam, men are required to grow their facial hair.

But actually the Quran doesn't mention covering of the face for women.

So the reality seems to be that Men MUST cover their faces with hair but women don't necessarily have to cover their faces with cloth - only if they want to smile

6. profile image54
    (Q)posted 13 years ago

Misogynist oppression. It isn't "immoral" for people to get together.

Newsflash to Muslim men, women are people too.

Every religion has its own rules. Who cares ? You don't have to live by those rules, do you ?
      So leave them alone with their beliefs !

1. profile image54

Yes, I do have to live by rules created by believers who mold those rules from their holy books.

Catch up on current events.

Yeah! If it's not you being stoned to death what do you care? roll

I do care. but I can't do anything about it. Are you doing something about it ?  roll

Well, don't worry about it then. At least you are ok.

So ? What are you doing about it ? I'm really interested in your answer ! big_smile

I'm going to point out what's wrong when I think it's wrong. I'm going to continue to work with Muslim women pursuing education and career skills so they can be in a position to make their own choices. And I'm going to continue to let them know in respectful ways and via example that there are other ways of doing things.

As for the stoning and female circumcision level of things, I'll support political leaders who support the promotion of values I agree with among our allies and taking a hard line with our enemies.

How's that?

Or do you prefer 'screw em' that's their problem!' indifference?

7. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I pity those women who still wish to convert into such religion which ultimately converts them into slave in the name of god.

8. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 13 years ago

Are women actually safer when they're covered? I wear baggy clothes now, it would have been nice if that were normal when I was growing up. Like in the "rude greetings" thread, men are obscene quite often. Maybe covered women don't have to hear that just for going to school or work or a friend's house.

Even better would be to tape men mouth's shut until they were home with their family.

smile

9. Origin profile image61
    Originposted 13 years ago

Could just use drugs on the human race that remove emotion. Oh wait, they made a movie of that, it's called Equilibrium. They also have killing in there, but it's less killing! big_smile

10. skyfire profile image78

Person who is giving interview on tv for justification of that fatwa is saying that mens should treat their women as "bakri" (female goat). Son of b**....

sad..really sad...

you got to admit, he does have a point

who that t.v. guy?...

yeah.. some of the best and most loving relationships I know of are like that...

http://www.secondose.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/goat_010.jpg

lollollollollollol

11. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Fatwa itself,on working women is unlawful smile

so are we saying we could proclaim a Fatwa on a Fatwa?

I kind of Double or Inverse Fatwa?

I think the last time I saw an Inverse Fatwa pulled off was in game 5 of the 1983 NBA finals

1. andromida profile image56
        andromidaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You got my point. Fatwa upon Fatwa,then another one and so on...there should be a world cup for issuing Fatwa smile

do you remember Nadia Comaneci's triple Fatwa at the Montreal Olympics in 1976?

1. profile image54

That was a Thinwa then, now she's a Fatwa.

age will do that to you

2. andromida profile image56

Please enlighten me greek

Here is Nadia pulling off her famous Fatwa... she wen't right into a double twist, followed by a hijab, and finished her routine with a backwards jihad

http://www.elpais.com/especial/juegos-olimpicos/images/leyendas/nadia-comaneci.jpg

1. andromida profile image56

Thank you for this excellent hub topic.

2. pisean282311 profile image61

smile

12. profile image48
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

HI friends

"Fatwa" means an opinion; it is just an opinion of the Deoband. An opinion is always an opinion. It is not mentioned in Quran; if it is mentioned, please quote the text from Quran with the context, at least five preceding and five following verses.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

"A legal opinion or ruling issued by an Islamic scholar"...

In other words, by one of the leaders of your religion

1. profile image48

Hi friends

There is no legality with Deoband; they have shown an opinion which is not binding on anyone; they have not authority to do it from Quran/Islam/Muhammad, it is a superfluous act.

Thanks

tell me, what about a fatwa issued by someone like the one against Salman Rushdie?  Should those be obeyed?

1. profile image48

Hi friend Greek One

There is no such injunction in Quran; these are at best opinion, which can be countered with opinion. Anybody can express any opinion which is not binding on others.

Whatever Salman Rushdie stated should have been refuted with reason. I don't think Salman Rushdie said anything which cannot be refuted; he is just an ordinary man; why bother about him so much?

Thanks

so in your opition, fatwas against someone or something should never be obeyed... regardless of who issues them, and regardless of whom they are against?

1. profile image48

Hi friends Greek One

A fatwa or opinion is only an opinion; and everybody has a right to make an opinion; no compulsion.

Those who obey it do it on their own responsibility; and at the end those who issue it normally mention that only God Allah knows as to what is right or wrong. In a way they shift the responsibility on to the person who act upon it.

Deoband would issue a Fatwa; which need not be the same as issued by the Brailvis or the Shias or the Ahle Hadith etc; different schools of thoughts.

Thanks

so a Muslim does not need to follow any fatwa then?

1. profile image48

Hi friend Greek One

A Muslim has to see that he does believe and act as per Quran and the Sunnah. A Muslim is to be judged by God Allah YHWH; not by these edict mongers.

Thanks

2. skyfire profile image78

really ? i see only support from islamics to this fatwa and new law of conversion. You guys just defend your religion at all cost without thinking about human rights. Nowhere you opposed this decision cause that way you'll talk against one of your brother-in religion. I like this double edge arguments from islamics like you.

Hi Skyfire

My first reply to this was against the fatwa....I basically said that there is no point making a woman cover up at work AND stop her from working with men....if there were no men around then they wouldn't need to cover.

Just to clarify my thoughts on the fatwa....it is stupid and doesn't make sense to say women are not allowed to work with men, it contradicts the purpose of wearing hijab....I think a lot of the religious leaders use their positions to manipulate people and too many people just do as they are told without questioning.

1. skyfire profile image78

I'm sure you've seen the interview of deoband pr person on tv. If this is where preaching is leading then i'm sure this will definitely hurt islam more than it helps.

Yes, what some Muslims do in general these days is usually more hurt than help. I don't claim to be the most knowledgable on Islam but I do know that Muslims are supposed to walk the middle road..neither to forget God completely nor to be too extreme in worship. But I guess some don't know where to draw the line.

1. profile image0
              pburgerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you say also applies to Christians. Do you condemn people who use the Christian faith to wage war? Like G W Bush...

3. profile image0

For teaching me that' "Fatwa" means an opinion', thank you once again friend paarsurrey

13. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

I few minutes back my googling resulted the following keywords on Fatwa:

islamic  fatwa
    fatwa online
    fatwa definition
    fatwa center
    fatwa mickey mouse
    fatwah
    fatwa dictionary
    rushdie fatwa

Fatwa is a very popular keyword.I am planing to write a hub on
    e-commerce Fatwa:)

smile

14. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

I think it would be a great idea.....

There would be more jobs for the men!

Women could stay at home and ensure the moral character of the next generation..

Or is that sexist?

OK... change of tack here... women work, men stay at home and use the playstation, watch movies, drink with their buddies..

15. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 13 years ago

TL:DR

But, I would like to say that Islam today is a long way from Islam before the 19th.  Prior to the 19th century Islamic women had MORE rights than their Western counterparts.  This obviously is not so today.  When Christians had their dark ages, Muslims were prospering - now it's the Islamic turn for the dark ages.

1. profile image48

Hi friend crmhaske

But with the advent of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, Promised Messiah, the seed of reviving of Islam has been sowed; which in fact is the Revival of All-the-Revealed-Religions as they all have in fact last the luster of a truthful Religion and are unable to coup with the only materialist outlook of the present people of the world.They all have with them the corrupted teachings of their founders; having little light in them while their founders were enlightened persons undoubtedly.

Thanks

but my friend if i am not wrong mirza ghulam ahmad is not accepted among larger muslim community...then how would u got about reviving islam when majority won't listen?

"But, I would like to say that Islam today is a long way from Islam before the 19th.  Prior to the 19th century Islamic women had MORE rights than their Western counterparts.  This obviously is not so today.  When Christians had their dark ages, Muslims were prospering - now it's the Islamic turn for the dark ages."

It was the alarmingly sudden and undeniable leap ahead in social, political, and most importantly military advancement by the once demonstrably primitive Europeans that spurred the unfortunate turn 'backwards' (to an imagined past - as these things always are) in Islam. When the guy with the gimpy leg suddenly sprints past you, you can either train harder or start running in the opposite direction and claim that was your goal all along. It's too bad really.

3. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

CRM

That is complete bullshit.

That is almost as untrue as the Qu'ran itself.

1. profile image0
        crmhaskeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Evidently you know absolutely nothing about history.

16. earnestshub profile image80

So a Fatwa is just an opinion is it?

I have never heard of someone having an opinion that was "obeyed" or not before. smile

17. skyfire profile image78

is this a joke or something ? Your islamic rule assumes that men will not get provoked if women cover their whole body completely. I wonder how islamic population is rising without such provocation roll

18. skyfire profile image78

lol

19. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

This veil thing is getting boring now. What the flying f**k does it have to do with anyone what I wear, how I wear my beard or hair, my beliefs or the colour of my underwear if it does not hurt you !!!!

This is a not-so-thinly-veiled attack on Muslim culture and habit

and this is the first time I ever got two puns in one sentence before I even noticed big_smile

Next you will all want Australians to stop being so drunk
    Americans to stop being so loud
    and English to stop being so reserved !!

Rules against women wearing trousers at work have already been and gone - what is the difference with this bulldust ?

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If we can get everyone focused on something someone else is doing... This takes the focus off of what we are doing.
      We become almost invisible

our agenda operates unabated

20. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

wow the hookers, I mean Ladies of interest, are screwed.

21. earnestshub profile image80

Suras 9 and 5, are the most violent and vile of all the Suras and are the last spoken by Muhammad.

They abrogate all previous verses in conflict with them.

Muslim apologists deceive by citing verses abrogated by verses in Suras 9 and 5.

........Much like people do with the O.T.

1. sepiaprince profile image61
      sepiaprinceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fatwa's are just directives and they are issued from a religious stand point.The fatwa comes with a larger debate going on in india on 30 reservations for woman in parliament.This fatwa was deplored by muslim press in india.Darul Uloom of Deoband has lost touch with reality.They still think we live in 16 century.Fortunately there are no takers for this fatwa in india.

1. profile image48

Hi friend sepiaprince

They are simply ignorant people.

Thanks

1. profile image0

smile

2. profile image76
          soumyasrajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been seeing many posts by Paarsurrey!
          Most of the time he ends with the sentences
          "Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim"
          What exatly he wants to convey by this!

Perhaps he must be knowing that  most people will consider this behavior as a little crazy. Still he prefers this behavior.
          I wonder what exactly he wants to convey by this!

Is Ahmadi same as Ahmadia Muslims?
          If that is true a similar fatwa by some sunni community in Pakistan or ruling by sheriya court in Pakistan has declared them to be nonMuslim.
          In fact if I am right it is considered a crime in Pakistan for a Ahmadia Muslim to declare himself to be Muslim. Some have been even killed for this! or punished severely by courts there.

If they are declared nonMuslim what exactly he is struggling about.
          Does he realize that leave Pakistan, Muslims from  any  other country also did not show much  support  to them when such inhuman acts were committed. Even from India the so called secularist lobby in India  (congress, communist socialist and their friend editors journalists  etc. - which has essentially become Muslim vote bank protecting lobby) also did not show much support for them because most Muslims in India are Sunni or Shia.  So was the case with so called human rights or left oriented lobbies or Muslim supporting politician's  in Europe or USA etc. are these loobbies in West  not just  marginally better than above mentioned lobbies in India. Are all these people not  more worried about votes of Shia or Sunni communities in their constituency? It does not matter whether it is India, USA or Europe.

Only people who supported Ahmadias  were average people in India, Europe, USA etc. who write comments or articles in news papers etc. They were mostly Hindus, Christians, Buddhists etc.

But from attitude of Paarsurrey it seems he is most interested in preaching to them about him, his religion Quran etc.

Some times you start wondering does he really mean  what he is saying or may be he is some nonMuslim guy just making fun of this strange attitude among many from Muslim communities in some countries? They want to preach all the time to every one how right they are about every thing. While nobody seems to listen to them?

Now about this fatwa by Sunni community priest in India:
          They are quite dominant now for quite long time. Because of political support by above mentioned so called secularist lobby in India, army and feudal rulers in Pakistan, money supplied to these rulers and religious organizations in Pakistan by Saudi Arabia and  USA and by Saudi Arabia to similar organizations in India. 

(read  An exceptional analysis by Nadeem F. Paracha in Dawn http://blog.dawn.com/2009/12/31/the-sch … e-fanatic/

On How Pakistani society and perhaps some Muslim communities in India got converted to this  extremism)

But this also has been going on for more than 2 decades. From where does this Muslim organization get courage to issue such inhuman  fatwas in India now?

I think courage comes form daily declarations by USA army chiefs  during their visits in Pakistan and Obama and others in his administration and some European leaders implying that "Taliban and other terrorist owrganisations in Pakistan are strategic assets for Pakistani army against India or Afghanisatan and they have right to retain parts of them. India and Isreal and all other countries should give up their rights on Kashmir and other lands which their Muslim Neighbouring countries want for themsleves and not ask Pakistan and other countries to stop support to terrorist organizations.  They  should  talk  peace with countries like Pakistan or other Muslim countries in their neighborhood without such guarantees ,  so that time being Pakistan rulers feel secure!

One can understand a little worry by them about their soldiers. But how far and how one can go. Particularly how long USA may fight  this war in af-pak sector where USA seems to be  lost in quagmire of fighting from both sides
          (see http://hubpages.com/hub/Reasons-for-Cur … -Terrorism )

For those who may not know --Taliban were created by Pakistani army and rulers  with main inspiration from organizations which come under the influence of the same Darul Uloom and similar other Sunni Muslim organizations, financing by USA and Saudi Arabia etc.. Once they see that weak USA and India  will support them and Congress government in India will be more worried about its Muslim  vote bank and support to USA than security in the country they will issue many such fatwas. This is just a beginning.

Some of us   who are concerned, should also try to petition Governments in USA, India Europe to change their crazy policies, rather than just questioning here people like paarsurrey (I still wonder is he really Ahmadia Muslim? ) or Khmohsin etc.

After all should USA not stop fighting a war from both sides? and should India not worry about security of its citizens first?

its strange! u started with religion and ended with the hate of politics...

1. profile image76

I do not hate any thing, neither any religion nor politics. I just try to observe what is happening and try to learn from them and enjoy. I do some times make comments or share my views with others and enjoy dcussing my ideas with others and learning about their ideas.  Hopefully some of these activities make a few things more pleasant for some of us.

2. profile image0

Thank you sepiaprince - for another reasonable point of view cool

3. profile image76

That is not true there are many Muslims  in India also who take it seriously. Already one guy Javed Akhtar has been issued death threat.
        In past also Salman Rushidie has been troubled by Fatwa. He will suffer perhaps all his life. There were protests by Muslim organizations in India also against Danish cartoonists and calls for death to them etc.

What type of organizations are these who interfere in lives of average citizens? Why should some of those who issue such fatwas be not arrested for creating such polluted sentiment which results in violence, threats etc. In whole of India threat perception has changed because of terrorist attacks by terrorists from Pakistan mainly supported by their army and feudal rulers and extremist attitudes of such Fatwa issuing Muslim organizations.
        They can act like this as I said in earlier post, because Indian left communists socialist and  ruling congress party  and some human rights organizations act very weak and they always find  arguments of the type "this should not be taken seriously".  One has to be careful with such sentiments. They are just making whole country to face security problems with their vote bank politics.

Further problem is created with Obama administration from USA mainly supporting such terror promoting rulers in Pakistan and other countries.

Actually this whole problem has less to do with Muslim religion but more to do with army and feudal rulers in Pakistan and some other Muslim countries c. who are  mainly creating/supporting this terror and security problem in whole world  by using Muslim religion as a cover. Style of Muslim religion practiced by some of these sects allows them to be used as a tool in this violent game (see quotations from Quran below by TMMason). Their dream seems to be  to have a perpetual rule in their country and become world power dictating terms to USA etc. Problem is compounded by inept handling by ruling parties in USA, India, Europe etc. USA just now seems to be lost in fighting this war in af-pak sector from both sides (see some of my articles on this).

It is high time we in India take  seriously this menace.  Such fatwas and extremist attitudes have ultimately resulted in creating security problems for  average life of all citizens. Just look at airports, all over world  to see the effect. People who issue such fatwas should be punished.

1. profile image48

Hi friends

Fatwa mongers should face the law of the land they live in; if there is no such law, they should be exposed so that innocent people are not mislead.

Since Fatwa is only an opinion it should be taken as such.

Thanks

22. TMMason profile image61

Too bad it doesn't matter what the average muslim thinks. The Ulema have dictated the fatwa, and it is fard upon all muslim woman now.

Let the stonings begin.

23. TMMason profile image61

Islam is a Socio-Political-Religous Institution.

The politics of hate belong to Islam itself.

It is not something which can be seperated into three parts. It is a whole. It must be followed as such.

The word of Allah is complete, "Whole".

Man may not devide it.

u need to study abt islam bcuz watever u said abt islam is totally wrong...

islam is the faith of divine guidness of humanity, its lovely, great, true, precious and  much more great religion....

1. TMMason profile image61

Listen.

The Qu'ran dictates the role and rights of women within the Ummah.

So take it up with Islam.

That is a lawful Fatwa and you are obligated to follow it's directive.

lol.. to deny that is to lie outright.

oh so utalking abt tht fatwa!

let me clear u wat islam says abt the women who goes outside;

islam didn't allowed women to participate in politics, she has to do politics in her house, she is a server of her house... islam says tht where there is woman is like heaven, u know tht woman is  so sensitive she can't do politics properly bcuz she's also having less sense than man.

if the woman is widow n haviung kids than she's allowed to go out of home for the serve of her family, but she has to cover her body including whiule going to work and she dont have to b frank with men, she should talk with men only in need, anyway, woman is allowed in islam to work... i think u8 should b thankfull to Allah who brought islam, bcuz of islam woman had gotten all rights... u know the condition of woman before islam? woman was treated very bad at tht time she was known as a dog or as animal, another wickedness to woman was tht, if a man gets angry with woman so he says tht now u r like my mother, n it means tht now she's banned for tht man or in other words she';s now divorced...it was not enough...the wom,an was also not allowed to marry wiht another guy, n it was a kill of woman's rights.... u should b thankfull tht islam came and exists tht kinds of laws bcuz if islam didn't came than woman now were still b treated bad like tht.....

24. TMMason profile image61

The fatwa is binding on you.

Ijma has been reached and the fatwa issued.

Must I really post all the Qu'ranic verses to support this conclusion? Will you then admit it? Probrably not.

Sura 24 - Al-Noor (MADINA) : Verse 31
    And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms,) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful[]

Translation : Eng-Dr. Mohsin

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! Turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss.

Translation : Eng-Yusuf Ali

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

Translation : Eng-Pickthal-Audio

There you go, have a lil read. I just posted this and am tired of repeating myself. And those are just on dress. When you combine all the restrictions on women in Islam, the Fatwa is correct.

1. profile image76

Hi! TaMMason.
      Your detailed quotation shows that you have studied quite a bit. It is admirable indeed. 
      I wish those who are arguing for this fatwa etc. and against women, had studied what they are arguing with similar patience and tried to understand first what they want to convey, before expressing it. This itself may change some of their attitudes?

2. profile image48

Hi friend TMMason

There is no accord or Ijma on it; when did other 72 denominations join this accord? It is a lone opinion.

Thanks

No.

Your the only, "lone opinion".

My heritical friend.

2. TMMason profile image61

The have reached a concesus among the ulma in India they feel count.

Thats is good enough for them.

It is binding on all muslim woman.

And the Qu'ran is fully understandable to any who wish to read it on this subject. In many translations. No one has to take my word on it friend. Your book speaks for itself.

1. profile image76

As far as I know there is no such consensus even in India. Just now all news channels in India are showing that Javed Akhtar a well known film personality, (who must be sunni Muslim and hence  perhaps is supposed to follow Darul Uloom ) has been issued a death threat, because he had expressed a sentiment against this Fatwa, in a Tv show.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Indi … 934728.cms

That shows how seriously such Fatwas are taken by people from this faith.
          (I am of course not so sure time being how authentic this news is , some times they are spread just to gain cheap popularity  or by tv channels to gain viewers or to create pro Muslim sentiments by using such personalities- though I think most people are repulsed by such type of gimmicks  any way)

I dunno man. Muslims take Fatwas very seriously. Ask Theo or Rushdie. Or any of the dozens of dead from insulting the prophet.

Yeah real repulsed.

1. profile image48

Hi friends

It is politics against politics; religion is not involved in it. If it would have been mentioned in Quran that would have been another thing.

Thanks

3. errum fattah profile image61

tmmason!!        the fatwa pisean posted, last line;
      " The Deoband clerics say it is clearly mentioned in the Shariat that women should wear the veil in office and should not mix with male colleagues."

islam says women tht if she's working outside of home than she has to cover herself, and i would love to ask pisean weather she had listened tht fatwa very clearly or had just listened a bit, islam is not against of working of women but it is against of tht women who show her beauty or the things u mentioned.  and i was tired by reading same verses above..

ER...

The Qu'ran commands the viel. I could care less whether women wear it or not. I believe women should be able to work outside the house.

I am all for freeing the sisters from oppression. But women in Islam remind me of the black slaves which didn't want to be seperated from thier masters. For some unfathomable reason of fear or warped love.

The sisters do not want to see... they remain blinded by thier viels in the name of Islam.

25. It's just me profile image60
    It's just meposted 13 years ago

I think that any women of any religion/culture that demands them to subjugate themselves to men  - should just put on chastity belts and throw away the keys. Lets see how all those so called men fare then.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)