For God or against God

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (216 posts)
  1. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

Can you see the lines being drawn? One can only be for God or against. Gathering or scattering. Even if it is through unbelievers or Believers- The choice is coming to the forefront.
    I see believers in Jesus -even me trying to get you to accept Jesus and to be forgiven of your sins against God. Than I see non-believers trying to get the world to deny Christ- even if in different words the end result is the same- denial, rejection, dishonor God.
    This is what are lives will come to- are you for God or against?

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm very serious, but don't expect a logical response.

My questions:

What is this god thing you speak of other than "it" being an imagined "thing?"

Who is this jesus other than who "it" is as you've determined "it" to be from the pages of a book, the NT, that has been so corrupted by time and human embellishment that it exists as naught but a book filled with heresay.

I don't think you can offer a WELL REASONED answer to my questions.

Qwark

heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

To man he said, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom. To depart from evil is understanding.'"> Job 28:28

He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbor: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.> Prov 11:12

The Son of man came eating and drinking , and they say , Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.> Matt 11:19

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?> 1 Cor 1:20

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written , He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.> 1 Cor 3:19

For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.> 2 Cor 1:12
        But go ye and learn what that meaneth , I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.> Matt 9:13

1. qwark profile image60

lol...Heavenbound:

You, absolutely!...didn't read my post and understand it.

You just fulfilled the opposite of my desire that you offer a "WELL REASONED" response.

You offered trite fundamental religious BS from a book which has no credibility as being one worthy of reading...other than for entertainment as a boring fairytale.

Why did you try to answer my questions?

Are you so bigoted that you thought your response was "WELL REASONED?"

NO!?  sad:

Qwark

[If] a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, [there is] no rest.

1. qwark profile image60

TRITE, TRITE, TRITE fundamentalist gobbledeegook!
              Your response equates to no answer at all.
              But then I expected that...smile:
              Qwark

1. Druid Dude profile image61
                Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ask and you will receive. If in your heart you expect your brother to do badly, then in your eyes, your brother can do no good. If, instead, you look upon your brethren and wish him well, surely, in your eyes, he will do no wrong. If your brother wishes you well, wish your brother well also, and don't be like Cain against Abel, for surely evil lies upon this path.

1. qwark profile image60

Druid:
                  I wish you well brother!
                  Now be a good brother and enlighten this searcher for truth!
                  Demonstrate your love for your brother and make the blind see, the deaf hear and the dumb understand!
                  I beg this of thee brother.
                  What is this god thing you can't know but worship?
                  I await your healing touch...
                  Your brother in "life."
                  Qwark  smile:

2. Spirit Whisperer profile image73
              Spirit Whispererposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lollollollollol

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yet another post for SIM. What a waste. hmm

A life without Jesus is a waste.

1. Cagsil profile image71

Talk about a negative view. I think you seriously need to learn more, not only about yourself, but about life in general.

Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be understood.
          Life doesn't require any knowledge of any god to be lived.

Therefore, NO god required.

2. mkrandhawa profile image60
          mkrandhawaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is powerful........He can help u with anything. life without God is really wasteful because He is a master of all the games of life. Someone has said that "when we asked God for a flower He gave us a bauquet , when we asked God  for a minute He gave us a day, He gave all things to us which we asked Him"

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
            Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How do you know it was Jesus and Yahweh did everything, just because one book might say so?

2. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And, when tens of thousands of starving children asked for a morsel of food before they died horribly, your god said, "NO!"

3. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Absolutism like that is how wars are started and how mass murder, genocide and all sorts of other atrocities are justified. Congratulations on taking your first step towards fascism.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know, Shades, I waited for someone sensible to say just what you said before I posted to this thread, because even as a Christian, I found this post somewhat offensive.  Even though I am a believer in Christianity (meaning that I do believe that Jesus is the only way to the Father IF you have heard that truth and had the opportunity to follow Him), I still believe that people come to that conclusion in many different ways, through many different avenues.  AND, I believe that there are people who will never hear about Jesus, but will still find their way to God (the God who is the creator).  So, yes, I am FOR GOD, but I don't necessarily carry around the feeling that those who believe/feel differently from me are AGAINST GOD.  It frustrates the hell out of me to hear this kind of talk.  Fundy Christians hate me for this, and I don't care.  Thanks for that very quick and truthful response.

Motown-So you are a Christian you say and does it upset you when the bible says the same thing? The choices we make are very important and yes we should live a life that is for God not against God. The reason I posted this is because a lot of people are against God, Jesus and scream it all day calling us stupid, uneducated on & on. It is not hate to bring to you alls attention that we are to be clearly for God -or it shows us against. We can not take the side of mockers and those that don't know God and mock with them.
          God loves us all and we do need to make a choice and yes the world will hate us for the truth we share- if we are sharing truth?

1. profile image0

heavenbound, I am never upset by what the Bible says, but I am often upset by those who misinterpret what it says.  Not that I have the ultimately correct interpretation, but I live a life that is FOR GOD in that I choose to love those around me, even if they are sinners, much like Christ did.  I don't beat others with Scripture.  I have said this before and will say it again.  IT IS NO MORE RIGHT TO BEAT PEOPLE WITH SCRIPTURE THAN IT IS TO BEAT THEM WITH YOUR FISTS. 

I choose to love, and if someone asks me why, then I'll tell them that it is the Holy Spirit and Jesus who live within me.  If they don't choose to ask, I go on about my business, hoping that I've planted a seed.

We are not all called to evangelize.

Motown-

Jesus said, "Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32,33).

ezeikiel 3 is a chapter I like and it is about warning people.

You are supposed to be leading people to Jesus by actions, love and actually asking them if they have accepted Jesus as there Lord.
              I am not spreading hate- Jesus died for everyone. We have to realize God will not accept luke warm Christians. And I am not calling you this but being either for God or against God is not luke warm. On fire for Jesus is what's needed. I am bold to tell the truth but I am not quick to say the hell with you all. I would never use hell speech as a way to reach them.
              It is about Jesus and His love- he loves even the worst of all. You do know this isn't all I do- I do pray over you all, praying for God to soften peoples hearts and etc in Jesus name. There's more than just speaking about it. Seeing this is a computer this is all you see I do.
              I love people, help people, pray for them, give to those that are in need, I love those that even the world rejects- because of Jesus. The only reason I can do this stuff is because of the love of Christ & how it has effected my life,heart & will.
              Of course it will be seen as hate to those that don't understand- it's like having ears but they hear NOT and seeing without really seeing at all. To be convicted by God and his word is completely different than condemnation. Faith comes when the word is heard.
              Before anyone turns/repents from sin we kinda do feel bad if we love God- it natural to not feel so happy when the word of God challenges us to be better or even yet shows us where we are wrong.
              How could we feel good living in sin and not going to Jesus to be cleansed?
              Do you get what I'm saying?

1. profile image0
          2. profile image0

Also, heavenbound, I am in no way mocking God.  I may be mocking other believers who act silly sometimes, but not God.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
              Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is a concept, and does not exist in reality. Can I point out that you are silly? Because you are.

1. profile image0

Thanks.  Glad to have your opinion stated so clearly and concisely.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

Glad to please. And that you accept your opinion is of no more
                  value than mine. lol

1. profile image0

No, I am simply accustomed to being treated as one who is separated from reality by those of your ilk.  I cannot argue in your camp, and do not try to, so yes, what you say is no more than opinion to me.  Thanks for playing.

2. Druid Dude profile image61

Zero is a concept and doesn't exist in reality. Time is a concept, and doesn't exist in reality. God is a concept and doesn't exist in reality. Morality is a concept and doesn't exist in reality. Evil is a concept and doesn't exist in reality. A straight line is a concept and doesn't exist in reality. Eternity is a concept and doesn't exist in reality. Infinite is a concept and doesn't exist in reality. Democracy and all politics are concepts and don't exist in reality. Accounting is a group of concepts and have no grounding in reality. Really?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
                psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Time is a concept and *does* exits in reality. You can experience time without having faith in it.

But you can't receive anything from God without faith. Trust God and stand on his word no matter what-God Is Faithful!!! Now this is the TRUTH smile

My point being that this is what makes a concept like God different from a concept like time.  One is accessible to all through direct observation, the other is not.

2. mkrandhawa profile image60
                    mkrandhawaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

just there is a need of faith .Trust on God.He gave us strength and courage for doing our best always become faithful on God He can give you all things.

2. profile image0

Did you mean to reply to me Druid Dude?

Evolution guy. His comment was dumb. God is a concept, which is followed by a statement which makes the whole thing a logical fallacy. Concepts exist very well in reality, thank you.  Fairness is a concept.

1. profile image0

Ahhh.  Okie dokie. smile

2. Shadesbreath profile image78

Yep. What cracks me up about "fundy Christians" as you call them is that they don't see how they are working against the very thing they claim to want: to help people find Jesus.

They're like vacuum cleaner salesmen who knock on your door and say, "Hey, if you don't buy this vacuum you are an F-ing moron and your house will burn and your family will be cursed for all eternity." Then they can't figure out why people treat them like crap and aren't converting in droves.

Did I say anything about hell?
            It is important for us to get to know God and come closer to him. God is the source of life and can do the impossible for us. The love of God draws all people to Him.
            It is important to let people know we are to be for God and not bent on saying he's not there.
            Saying he's not their, and can't help and is a joke is the very thing that's stopping us/ those from getting to know God. Pride and man's wisdom takes us in circles without help.

What am I supposed to say God loves you and doesn't want to save you? Or can't ? If I did that than I could join the mockers, liars and those that don't know the power or truth of God.
            People are looking for help for many reasons - than the first step is to look at Jesus and how he set people free from all types of problems and even from the wages of sin which = death/ eternal separation from God.<<< their you go that meant hell.
            Because of Jesus and us accepting, believe, having faith in the fact that Jesus has reconciled us back to God.
            Than we can confidently come to God knowing we will be heard and answered according to God's will.
            We offer you a free gift that removes all the condemnation that sin bring you and you say hate- you hate us, you haters all you want is for us to be forgiven like you and really know the love of God! WOW- so wrong you are when you say we hate you when telling you of Jesus.

Now if all you hear is about hell than that would be wrong- we are to tell you the goodness of God. But remember there's consequences for our actions and sins-just like everything else in life. That's why we need Jesus because we can't be perfect. Their is so much protection in following Jesus and striving to go deeper and deeper in God- more of God and less of us.

A true friend/ someone that truly loves you will tell you when you are wrong - that you are wrong - IF  you like it or not!! For your own good.
            But it's not meant to make you mad and if it does I pray in JESUS name it will produce in you later what God wants. -repentance/for you to be humbled. It is much easier to humble yourself before God than for us to be humbled by God.
            We just don't like being told what to do that's it, rebellion is the cool thing of the day.
            No one can tell me what to do I know it all and do not need God!
            Wow bad choices and lack of God can make anyone look a fool.
            Take it or leave it- Jesus- but you really do need him!

1. profile image0

Good luck with trying to humble Shades.  smile

2. profile image0

That, and most "conversions" just are NOT as dramatic as most fundies would like you to believe.  People come to belief as slowly and gently as most come to non belief.  And, in the grand scheme of things, most of us who believe are much more moderate and a lot quieter than they happen to be.  Doesn't make our belief any less valid.  Their biggest mistake is that they're busy trying to "convert" in many instances not only non believers, but BELIEVERS who don't believe EXACTLY as they do.

Ugh.

That pisses me off.

smile

Edit:  And you're right...they're trying to sell people a product, and threatening them to ensure that they'll buy it.  I'd end up telling them to piss off too, and figuratively, I already own the product and believe that it's awesome.

3. Druid Dude profile image61

Sounds like someone has met the Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman. Me? I don't care if you walk in darkness. Those who walk in light, most only need a little enforcement, to know that their faith is not in vain. Those who walk in darkness are tea for the tillerman.

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live> Duet 30:19

Matt 12:30--He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

33Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

34O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Jeremiah 21:8 "Furthermore, tell the people, 'This is what the LORD says: See, I am setting before you the way of life and the way of death.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78

I can assume then that you are not familiar with the concept of "Begging the Question."

1. profile image0

Probably not, but I am now!  YAY!  I've always been familiar with the phrase, but now I know what it means and where it came from.  I feel so EMPOWERED!  Between that and Pascal's wager, I'm gonna wind up getting my philosophy education from you and be able to test out! smile

Col 2:8--Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Ironic, you don't understand that completely. Which is obviously now shows you how your religion teach you to ignore any other knowledge, for faith(ignorance).

2. profile image0

Thanks, heavenbound, I'm very well aware of what the New Testament has to say.  I appreciate you trying to save my soul, though.  You're certainly not the first sister in Christ on HubPages to think I'm lost and try to save me.

Really?

If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord than you are saved!
                  I never said you weren't saved! I just was telling you we are to tell the world of Jesus through our action, words and life.
                  Some just don't understand God's word or the power in it.
                  Some may think no one listening when they speak of Jesus, but it's not true.
                  It's never a waste of time to share Jesus and it's does more than you may ever know.
                  God gave us his word and Jesus has sent us forth with it to shine light into the midst of darkness.
                  If you'd actually take time to read some of my pages, than you would see I hold true to what I say and I do love people and I am doing right by telling everyone about Jesus.
                  What if I refused to take crap off people and stopped talking and sharing Jesus?
                  Who would of died without one last chance to receive Jesus?
                  Who did I refuse to sow a seed into?
                  I am not to give up with this message and I will be held accountable for those that I just didn't want to bother with.
                  You know if I would stop talking to people on the streets about Jesus who else would reach them- someone else like me on fire for God-maybe-maybe not? God has assigned certain people to us that only we can reach you know? I can't drag people into church but I can present the love of Christ by extending the invitation to them.
                  It works people's lives are being changed because I refuse to pass them up and yes it's so simple to get a person to receive Jesus and others may not be so easy. But I guarantee you this this gospel of Jesus that I share  penetrates even the unbelievers heart and maybe they won't take Jesus now for what he is-But later these words will continue to play like a never-ending tape player in there heart and mind.
                  The word of God rises over and over in there hearts and a lot of them kicking and screaming against God who wants to save them will be saved just in time and not to late.
                  I have seen God do too much to say it's all in vain!!
                  God bless you!!smile

1. profile image0
                    Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You may have already shared this tid bit of information, but I don't remember seeing it. What branch of Christianity do you hail from? You seem to be quite the energetic little proselytizer.

2. profile image0

Have you read any of my hubs?  Have you seen what Jesus does in my life?  Have you seen how He's led me through some of the darkest things in the world (AFTER I was saved)?  With all due respect, if you wish to witness, I'm all for it, but you need not witness to me.  I'm right where I need to be with Jesus.  I don't mean to offend you at all, I'm just perfectly okay spiritually.  And, I know that people listen when I speak of Jesus when the Holy Spirit leads them to.  But, I don't believe it's right to smash the Gospel into someone's face when they've asked not to hear it.

Peace.

smile

4. heavenbound5511 profile image65

This forum was so people can think about are you living your life for or against God.
      Also that in this world it is as if there's a separation taking place within for or against God. I did not say I wanted it to be this way this is just how it's going.
      More and more people are hating God and have a total lack respect and honor when it comes to God & his ways.
      But of course it's seen as hate- because that's all everyone seem to be crying these days when someone tells the truth and says you need God, Jesus.
      They called Jesus a hypocrite too!
      We are to love the sinner and hate the sin.

God bless you all.smile

Those whose hand is not raised with my enemies hand, strengthens not the enemy, and shall decrease our body count. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Could we have a trembling lip with that? smile

Sure. Knock yer socks off. smile

3. Cagsil profile image71

It is apparent you lack the understanding of hate. It isn't hate for or against a god.

If you could see beyond yourself for two seconds to listen to what is actually being said, then you might actually learn something new.

You claim a god exists. That is YOUR NEED, which is actually YOU LYING to yourself. You want to believe in Jesus? Then do so. But, under NO circumstances do you have a right to invade other people's life with your belief.

Why? Because it causes conflict. People don't like to be told what to do and in all honesty, they have that for a specific reason. That reason is because they can be their own authority(most can make all decisions for their own life and not damage other people's life).

It is completely irrational for you to think that you bring your belief into a public forum and not expect to get blasted. You might re-consider your own actions, before you laid claim to other people's actions? As it stands, YOU don't look too good, as a person.

Hate? Not about hate. The agnostics sit on the fence, rebs on one side, Union on the other. Anyone on that fence is in the crossfire. And the true non-belivers are the ones who don't say "Oh, GOD!" when the last breath leaves their broken bodies on the field of glory. More playmates for me in hell. I'll be looking for you!smile

Hate is the word that was used, in the post I responded to. Your injection is meaningless as usual.
            You'll be looking for me? Oh, so you're saying that you will already be there. I can understand why you would, but can you? Probably not.

5. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Being for or against Creator is pointless and futile. Will people 'have to' choose, no. Even now they do not. Eventually people won't -if you understand my meaning.
      To believe | disbelieve; to choose | reject; to profess | negate is contrary to the entire purpose of the Work. I will publicly say this and hope it is understood:

"There is no choice for the person who has a single mustard seed size of faith. Those who do not have it, can only exist for a time in choice. They are dull to Free Will; empty vessels, Grace eludes them because they fear understanding."

smile

James

Mark 7:11---But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

12--And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;

13--Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

14--And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:

15--There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
        16--If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

20---And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21--For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22--Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23--All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Jesus than healed this woman's daughter from a unclean spirit, opened the ears of the deaf, and loosed another's tongue so they could speak.

Mark 7:37--And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak.

May Jesus literally and spiritually open our ears, eyes and cleanse our mouth of the evil/unbelief spoke against God in Jesus name. May God's word rise up within us and bear witness to our heart soul and spirit and give us light to see, hear, touch, and hunger for your wisdom that will save our lives in Jesus name I pray. May this word of truth, Jesus Christ be the very thing that causes them to eat, sleep and breath you until they are brought into the knowledge of there Savior Jesus Christ.-Forgive them all for all their sins and unveil there eyes In Jesus name I pray.Amen.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqTFNfeDnE

6. heavenbound5511 profile image65

Hebrews 4:12-- For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

1. earnestshub profile image80

That's amazing!
        Especially for a guy who in the flesh is incredibly wretched Clark Bent, assistant spitton cleaner, crawling from spittoon to spittoon.

Oh wait! That is the other superdooperman from the other "good book" Mad Magazine, sorry! smile

7. DoubleScorpion profile image79
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not all who disbelieve are against god. They just don't see things the same as others.

There are many gods...if there wasn't then "The God" wouldn't have to create a commandment that says to have no other god before me. Nor would he had to say that he was the "One and only god". It is possible to have faith and believe in a god and it not be the one others believe in.

You can not be against something if you have no believe in it. For example, our fellow Hubber Quark. Quark is neither for or against god. As far as Quark is concerned there is no such thing, therefore nothing to be in support of, nor anything to be opposed to either.

Deuteronomy 29:17--And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:)

Isaiah44--The Folly of Idolatry
        9      ¶ They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.
        10      Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?
        11      Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed; and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.
        12      ¶ The smith with the tongs both worketh in the coals, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his arms: yea, he is hungry, and his strength faileth: he drinketh no water, and is faint.
        13      The carpenter stretcheth out his rule; he marketh it out with a line; he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man; that it may remain in the house.
        14      He heweth him down cedars, and taketh the cypress and the oak, which he strengtheneth for himself among the trees of the forest: he planteth an ash, and the rain doth nourish it.
        15      Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto.
        16      He burneth part thereof in the fire; with part thereof he eateth flesh; he roasteth roast, and is satisfied: yea, he warmeth himself, and saith, Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire:
        17      and the residue thereof he maketh a god, even his graven image: he falleth down unto it, and worshippeth it, and prayeth unto it, and saith, Deliver me; for thou art my god.
        18      ¶ They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.
        19      And none considereth in his heart, neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say, I have burned part of it in the fire; yea, also I have baked bread upon the coals thereof; I have roasted flesh, and eaten it: and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination? shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?
        20      He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside, that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?

Isaiah 12 -- ¶ Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast labored from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.
        13      Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.
        14      Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.
        15      Thus shall they be unto thee with whom thou hast labored, even thy merchants, from thy youth: they shall wander every one to his quarter; none shall save thee.

Jeremiah 50:38--A drought is upon her waters; and they shall be dried up : for it is the land of graven images, and they are mad upon their idols.

2 Cor 6:16--And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said , I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Revelation 9:20--And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see , nor hear , nor walk :

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
          DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously..I have a Doctorate in Biblical Studies...Please stop posting random scriptures...I know what the bible says... I was simply posting an alternate view on the question you posted...You have still neglected to answer a few question that I asked about the bible on a different thread...Are you sure you even know how your religious beliefs even came about? Do you actually understand and known what is meant by those verses you posted. Do you know who they were meant for and to what reason.

I can read the bible for myself. What I would like to know is other than posting biblical scriptures do you even have an opinion on the questions you are posing for others? Or are you just fishing for people to spout scriptures to?

8. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thought like bush talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes! The talking shrubbery!

I was just saying to my hedge the other day how unusual that was in the bible. smile

1. pisean282311 profile image62
          pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

I  knew of a born again bush that ran a country, without a brain also.

9. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's no way to be against something that doesn't exist. Although I'll be the first to admit (probably not the first but I'm too lazy to read the entire thread) that if the Biblical God were real I would definitely be against it. No character in all of mythology that I'm familiar with is more evil than Yahweh.

I agree. I enjoyed reading Greek mythology for a while, and met Zeus and his kids.
        Even that little lot looked like a good bunch by comparison to the god of the bible and quoran. smile

10. Apostle Jack profile image61
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The time have come that the fox can no longer hide among the sheep...and the sheep shall be SEPARATED from the  goats.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"This is what are lives will come to- are you for God or against?" For or against ///
    us or them. Personally I have transcended this 'chase your tail' dualism.

Well this world has made everything out to be if it sounds to good to be true than it isn't. 
      With God this isn't true. People have been lied to so much they don't know truth or the love of God even when placed in front of them. How sad when they could actually know God and let him do for them what no one else can.

2. Druid Dude profile image61

All for a reason, my pretty! All for a reason. This is why Alpha leads the way and Omega is following behind. Last in line. Move along li'l dogies, move along...snap! Rawhide!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

One can, in fact, be utterly indifferent to (the idea of) God.

4. knolyourself profile image60

"How sad when they could actually know God and let him do for them what no one else can." I am at the moment seated in God.

In Christ we are seated in heavenly places.
      The power we have in Jesus name to heal the sick, cast out demons, speak in new tongues, to answer when God calls is how we are seated in heavenly places.
      We can in prayer petition God in the name of Jesus and have his angels loosed by us the heirs of salvation & etc. So much is available to us because of Jesus and it is from heaven, God's power and intervention to help us and others. All this power that is ours in Jesus name is for the reaching out to all to share the gospel of Jesus.

So in essence you outright admit you enjoy conflict. Good to know.

1. profile image0

Cags, this is what fundies hate about me.  I do not like conflict.  I try to be loving and kind even in discord and disagreement.  I don't know if I succeed always (I am human after all), but I do try. 

Sigh.  This is an argument that will rage forever and always, I think.

sad

1. graceomalley profile image83
            graceomalleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't like conflict either. I don't see what purpose it serves God for me to be in lots of conflict. I completely understand the nonreligious when they complain of combative christians. If I was them I wouldn't like this treatment either. Jesus said to treat people the way I would want to be treated. I've never liked being lectured "for my own good," and I can't think of a time when it has actually done me good.

1. profile image0

grace, that's exactly how I feel.  You said it eloquently and beautifully, thank you!  You and I do tend to think a great deal alike.  smile

Hey Motown, it also show their blatant egotistical shame, which is beyond any form of sight, including their own. It's called "blind faith" from most.

I call it "chosen ignorance". wink

5. knolyourself profile image60

You sure do know your bible.

6. psycheskinner profile image83

Yes, I get that some people see anyone who thinks differently from them is the enemy.  That doesn't make it true.  It is just an excuse to justify attacking people who are different.

"But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also."

You see that you are smacking Jesus in the face when you claim you don't need him ,refuse to be saved, forgiven. It seems you must think you don't sin and that there's no need for Jesus to be your Savior.
      There is right from wrong. There is one God and one way to Him Jesus.
      Like it or not!

lol lol lol Too funny. lol lol lol

2. Evolution Guy profile image58

lol lol

If you are not against him, then, you are for him.
          Remember, Cag. If it isn't unconditional love...it's not love. If all you need is love, then, it has to be love for others too...or it's just the same old hippocritical lip service.

Against what? or better yet Who?
            Unconditional Love? Isn't that actually putting conditions on Love?

Love is Love. It stems from one's understanding of self. It doesn't come from any other place. If you cannot Love yourself, then you will be incapable of Loving others.

Or so said Charles Manson. Think all women are beautiful, or just the ones that make men drool? Arnold loves himself...ask Maria.

3. psycheskinner profile image83

Even if this was true, Jesus is apparently okay with it and does not support counter-attacks. Some of his 'followers' slap him in the face by not following his example. I think the latter is a greater transgression as it hypocritical.

4. Castlepaloma profile image75

heavenbound you are out right too funny

Last week we just got over an attack on ending the world, just to find another leading energy vampire during our lives and on up 2012.Like a bad movie or was that: If you’re not with us, you are with the terrorist, some born again extremist said that too.

Are most of the World's population against you and your God, because most of us are not aware of your God? Why was it not in God's perfect plan and creation  to make most of us aware of your holy ghost and every word in the bible,

If I said to you love me and worship me or I will make your death forever, do you think that would work?

I never said those without Jesus are terrorists- Those without Jesus need Jesus because we all have sinned and fallen short. Jesus God's plan to save mankind!
          I don't need to in still fear by a false date of the return of Jesus- people are dying everyday and need Jesus.
          Satan inperfect plan - to keep us all away from Jesus until death does us part.
          So are you saying Jesus plan for man's redemption is like an old movie?
          Even if you don't know it -you need Jesus.
          Hmm. Don't you know already  Castlepaloma many are out & about telling the world of Jesus and the word of God and His love and plan to save us- all that believe?
          God doesn't  want one to perish but all to be saved - after all it's are choice. SO CHOSE WISELY IF YOU SHOULD REJECT JESUS.
          Yes reject religion - but not Jesus and his word-the word of God!

Do you want a sign before believing? God doesn't work this way and not even for me!!
          The same thing is offered to all!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QYYmv5AJOM

God bless you Mister! smile

heavenbound
            I never said those without Jesus is terrorists- Those without Jesus need Jesus because we all have sinned and fallen short. Jesus God's plan to save mankind! Satan imperfect plan - to keep us all away from Jesus until death does us part.

Castle
            In order for most people on earth they must know his words and plan, Most don’t know and most Christian believe most people will go to hell
            After this worst terrorist act by Jesus ever, God going to tell me it’s because he love me?  Satan has won before anyone even got out of the gate

heavenbound
            Hmm. Don't you know already  Castlepaloma many are out & about telling the world of Jesus and the word of God and His love and plan to save us- all that believe? God doesn't want one to perish but all to be saved - after all it's are choice. SO CHOSE WISELY IF YOU SHOULD REJECT JESUS.

Castle
            I have traveled 94 countries, and I do know most people are not aware of Jesus, now you know

Castle
            God bless you because everyone is god

Hi,
              That's another reason why Jesus hasn't returned- This Gospel will be preached to all four corners of the earth and then he will return. There is more than one way to spread the Gospel. There's tv now and many are reaching out into various countries with the Gospel of Jesus and they continue to go broader and broader with there availability into more countries. So yes it is spreading and yes there are the highest numbers yet in many countries from underground churches and home churches. 

Many do no tell because they will die for it in some places. Watch youtube also and look into the revivals of the current around the world.

Thanks-God bless you ! smile

7. profile image0
    L.K.kiruiposted 12 years ago

Heavenbound
    I am yet to see on internet a seeming dedicated christian like you!

You haven't been on HP long enough to make that claim. There are plenty of them. lol

Thanks for your comment L.K.kirui.
      God bless you! smile

8. profile image0
    L.K.kiruiposted 12 years ago

Casgil
    i didn't say there aren't of course there may be but i MYSELF havent seen one like heavenbound!

I realize that. I was just pointing out that lack of your experience with HP forums and the fact that you made your claim. It shows how you jump before thought. I figured you might understand and/or read between the lines, which you did manage to, but still came to the wrong conclusion.

Which actually means, you've now made two mistakes within two posts. And, if that is how you make most of your decisions, then you must tie yourself in fits very often.

9. psycheskinner profile image83

This forum is for people to talk about religions and philosophies.  Just like the title says.  And I consider Jesus a very good example that Christians would do well to emulate and even atheists like me can learn a great deal from.  Especially when it comes to tolerance, pacifism and compassion.

10. psycheskinner profile image83

Sigh.

11. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 12 years ago

Heavenbound just made my list of those who have nothing credible to offer.
    Do not read or respond to her posts
    The list is growing!
    Qwark!

That shows how Much more people should listen to the word of God I am sharing.
      The narrow path leads to God and not many are found there. So all the fuss over how I say and It agrees with the word of God- we should honor God, be for His ways-because He is for us-not for our sins but for us and this is where Jesus comes in to allow us through His sacrifice to approach God. After all most people want to know there creator and how to honor Him God. We should respect God, and not to deny Him rights in and through us. We can have peace in the middle of any situation- the peace Jesus gives this world can never take away!!
      God bless you all!
      God will have His way with you all and Jesus will be revealed to you all in Jesus name. The plans God has for us are good - now get and understand this!
      The wisdom of this world is nothing, without power, without God, without redemption- Not God's plan at all!!  And without Jesus we are separated from God! Once again not God's plan at all.

12. psycheskinner profile image83

Another person who would probably lead their hose to water, hold its head under until it stopped moving, and look down utterly bemused and wondering why their horse up and died on them.

I can lead you all to water Jesus the only one that has ever offered this world water, that will cause us to never thirst again- living water that supplies all of our needs by filling us with the spirit of Jesus Christ. But I can't make you drink it/accept it only the word/truth of God and God himself can change your heart through Jesus the one came to save you.
      Even if people twist the truth and lie it still doesn't take away Jesus power to save, it does not shorten his arm, or stop him from reaching into your heart to change your mind and to see that his love is here to save you- Not enslave you! Freedom from all chains, fetters, lies and deceit. For Jesus has risen from the dead and so we His body have also risen from the dead-spiritual deadness.
      The same spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead is what causes us to thrive in a sin bound world- letting our light shine before all men. And when we die we will meet are savior.
      God bless you all.

You must glory in the rapture of righteous Internet combat. Look at you, one lone crusader, battling chatroom infidels, spreading His word, one light in the dark morass of online ignorance and, worse, blasphemy. Fight on, holy warrior, bend not thy knee in humility nor they head in weariness. Never submit, never waiver, never consider any other ideas!!!!!

Geeze! I wish I'd said that! Straight to the point. Nice. smile

LOL, thanks Earnesthub. Got a reprieve in the festivities this evening, took it to check up on y'all. Nice to see you, BTW, my summer has just begun, so I get to reemerge into the light after another grueling semester.

Nice!
              We have a sunny day with a few showers, it's nice outside so I cycled up to the shop to get bread and milk.

Nice to know summer is coming for you, we are moving in to winter here. Brrr. smile

I do not fight against flesh and blood don't you know?
          I do pray and I have humbled myself to God's will not mine.
          My will (former self) would never have me here in these chat rooms - sharing the love of Christ with you.
          I wouldn't even of cared but you know God changed my heart a long time ago.
          Now I know what it feels like to fall and walk away from God. And then come back and see that he had never truly given up on me, truly his mercy and grace abounded& abound in my life and all I needed to do is submit to His will that will bring more good and fruits than I could ever imagine.
          I love because He loved me first!!
          I need to know nothing other than Christ and that he died and rose for me.

The only one that offers us redemption, salvation and a new life!!
          It doesn't get any greater than this!!smile

God is Good!!  smile

3. qwark profile image60

Blessed are they who reside in the "isles of the Blessed" for they shall experience heavenly "bliss" and thrive in the land of self imposed ignorance forevermore.

Amen and amen!

Qwark

Ps 84:4--Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.

Ps84:5--Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.

Ps 1:1--Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful

Ps 106:3--Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Ps 119:1--ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psalm 32:1--Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven , whose sin is covered .

Psalm 119:2--Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Matt 5:6--Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled

Luke 12:37 --Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching : verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself , and make them to sit down to meat , and will come forth and serve them.

Luke 12:38 --And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

Rev 1:3 --Blessed is he that readeth , and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein : for the time is at hand.
            Rev 14:13--And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write , Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Rev 19:9--And he saith unto me, Write , Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Rev 22:14--Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Luke 6:22--Blessed are ye , when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

2. earnestshub profile image80

lol lol lol apt....

13. psycheskinner profile image83

The point; you ain't gettin' it.

You Must not get it- I will not be moved from the truth- Jesus Christ!
      I will never lay any other foundation. God has been so good to me. I know what it's like without honoring God and with honoring God.
      I have received so much from Jesus- you see this peace and confidence that God has given me the world can not take!!

Luke 12:8-10: --“I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.”

Hebrews 6:4-8:--- “It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.
      To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed.
      In the end it will be burned. Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case — the things that have to do with salvation.”

God bless you psycheskinner! smile

I am not for your kind of God, and not against anyone or thing because everyone is God

How come, you get to go to heaven and most of us kind folks on this thread who consider other folks do not?

Ephesians 2-1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
          2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
          3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
          4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
          5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
          6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
          7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
          8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
          9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
          10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
          11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
          12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
          13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
          14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
          15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
          16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
          17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
          18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
          19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
          20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
          21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
          22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Oh yeah we are not all gods but have the same opportunity/ free gift of salvation through Jesus. We have have been given a way to have a real relationship with God- ALL!!

Unless everyone is god, greed, hatred, harm, and murder in the name of God will not slow down.

Fight clubs will not be needed, if everyone is truely equal

14. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

What amazes me about posts/posters like this is that they generally only respond to their own posts with more of the same, or to posts that totally agree with them.  I've noticed that saying I am FOR GOD, but not AGAINST those who are not AGAINST GOD hasn't won me any brownie points or anything.  I'm so disappointed.

Sigh.

wink

So are you once again dissing the fact that I am telling people that honoring God and His word is wrong?
      I think you misunderstand something about what we are to do share Jesus with the world with our mouth plus actions. The word of God gives us knowledge and without God's knowledge we perish.
      So do you accept the word of God as final authority in your life?
      Do you know that someone is being reached through the word of God I am sharing even if they have left no comments?
      I am confident in God and not ashamed to share the gospel of Jesus.
      And we are to encourage people to honor God!
      Mostly all these religion post are ungodly- with out much truth. So who do you suppose is to declare the truth of God word, mercy, love and forgiveness?
      The unbeliever's don't back down and continue to tells strait out lies that don't line up to the reality of God or Christ.
      Jesus was bold, so was his  followers not rude but not afraid to tell the truth.
      Jesus didn't take anything from the pharisees- He gave them the truth in return. He even told them if they did not know by what power he performed these miracles than he wasn't going to tell them, they had been told, and even saw Jesus miracles and still didn't believe!!
      So it's a sin to tell people we all even me myself have sinned and do- and that we need Jesus?
      Not the word of God at all if you claim God gave us a vow of silence. They even got offended with Jesus words which were from God!!

Matthew 11:6--And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
      Jesus even told them that he sets life and death before them and to chose life!!
      No I am not supposed to bow down to lies and say oh yeah there's many ways to God- sad that's not staying faithful to God- and it's a lie!!
      I can't accept sin and call it good. Sense I love people I will share Jesus with them!!
      I love John 17>> Here's a little of it:   20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

I stand and testify that Jesus is the way to God and that we need Jesus. smile

1. profile image0

As I have stated earlier, I believe that Jesus is the way to God.  As I also stated earlier, not everyone will come to Jesus because of what YOU say, or when YOU think they should.  Yes, my dear, I know that you are going to be scandalized by this statement, but there are kernels of truth in other world religions.  Before the end of time, I believe that ALL truth will lead to Jesus, so no, I don't find it necessary to beat people into believing the way I do.  Sorry. 

As far as this statement goes that you made above, "He even told them if they did not know by what power he performed these miracles than he wasn't going to tell them, they had been told, and even saw Jesus miracles and still didn't believe!!" you are completely disproving it.  You continue to tell others even though they may choose not to believe, or may simply have not arrived at a point of belief yet.

I know you don't like the things I have to say, but my life has been about nothing but Jesus for the last fifteen years.  I've been where you are, and it's a hard lesson to learn that this type of "evangelism" is not going to win anyone over.  First, reach out to those who have fallen away or who are agnostic.  Most of this group doesn't believe at all, and unless you're able to argue from the same camp that they can, your argument is pointless.  Your prayers are not, so continue to pray.  BUT, don't argue. 

As far as how I choose to participate in these forums and what I choose to say, yes, you will often find me agreeing with the unbelievers, because the reason I stayed away from God for so many years was because of folks like you.  I don't mean to offend in any way, but anyone can post eight million verses of Scripture to support their argument, but it will be meaningless for anyone who believes Scripture is meaningless.

Do you understand the point I'm making?  I'm not dissing you or your efforts at all.  If you read my posts that way, I apologize.  Nor do I think you're sinning to try to share your faith.  Not quite sure where you got that impression.

I am not offended by anything you have to say, and as I've said before, I choose mostly to live my faith, not talk about it in the hope that others will choose to buy it.  Shake off the dust, darling, and move on to another town.  As a prophet, you're not being recognized in this one.  That's all I'm saying.

smile

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I didn't ask your god for anything as I recall. 

Not chasing myths and enjoying a loving life seems to make me happy! smile

You have not because you ask not earnestshub!

Do tell! And what is it exactly that I don't have, apart from not having a tendency towards being gullible? smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Earnestshub are you the real God, I thought Evan was

How in hell will I know in order to get to Heaven

I thought it was Evan! Now I'm confused!
          No, wait.....I know it's him, he spells everything out in CAPITALS. smile

The word of GOD is in CAPITALS. It dose suit Hinn

16. earnestshub profile image80

Here we go, spreading the gospels using TV and Video. smile

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5av99 … -on-ev_fun

17. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 12 years ago

I don't see how anyone can be either for or against God.  You can either believe that He exists or that he doesn't.  If someone does not believe in Him, then they cannot be described as being against something they do not believe in.  The question then has as much sense as asking if someone is for or against the tooth fairy.

I at lease saw my tooth fairy, he was six feet tall.

Well, Mul, some are agnostic and aren't sure what to believe. Some believe in Satan, but not God (?)  If a ship is sinking, and some people don't believe that it is sinking, couldn't it be possible that they would be against launching the life boats? They tell me I'm really good at anology. You will notice above that there is consideration afoot to my being a christian. Just about all of them would agree, I am not, nor do I pretend to be. I just like defending the underdog. Plus, I know a few secrets which really aren't secrets at all. Cag called me a "mystic". How sweet.

I like this part of what you said
          " If a ship is sinking, and some people don't believe that it is sinking, couldn't it be possible that they would be against launching the life boats?"
          Something true and for us to think about! smile
          since  water & boats were brought up:Matthew 24:37-- As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
          They didn't believe there was a need for the life boat either- they wouldn't listen and then it was to late.

If a fanatic windbag is going on and on and on, and some people don't believe the fanatic has any real insight into the universe, couldn't it be possible that they would be against buying what the windbag has to sell?

selling nothing it is free and to no ones gain except the one who accepts it.

For someone so wholly commited to the Bible, you have an incongruous inability to recognize metaphor. Oh wait... never mind. It's all so clear now.

Hmm. you think I thought you really meant I was selling something?
                  This isn't about selling and buying- it's about believing.
                  I get metaphors. Selling to buying as to believing and not believing.

How about the parables of Jesus filled with metaphors? Now there's some metaphors that can change ones life if they seek to understand.

Thanks for your comments!
                  smile

heavenbound

By being saved by Jesus is like saving people from jumping off the cliff

Christian can't save the vast majority of us, SOooooooo
            byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
            eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
            eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
            eeeeeee
            eeee

Druid Dude

A mystic is one who seeks to become closer to god;

I would be honored to be called a mystic. Cag never told me I am a mystic, maybe he can't figure me out and maybe because god can’t be a non religious thing, to him.

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?> Rom 3:3
      Read the rest>>> http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=KJV

Psalm 10:4-- In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

Psalm 14:1 --For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Psalm 10:13-- Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account"?

18. psycheskinner profile image83

That's some very emotive and specific phrasing for someone who doesn't care.

I didn't say I wasn't aware. As I said, the JCers don't need me to get into heaven. Does that mean I wish to see them devoured by philosophic lions? Maybe, just maybe it does the other side harm to treat christians or anyone in this fashion. No better than their chosen adversaries. But, there is something in store, coming soon, which the true christians have no part in. (And by soon, I mean it in a relative way...you do remember relativity?

I see the dogmatic and the pragmatic equally represented on both sides.  What seems to be missing is moderators.

19. Spirit Whisperer profile image73
    Spirit Whispererposted 12 years ago

I think it is funny to hear people quoting from the bible in response to very reasonable questions. I also think that it is a great way to push peoples' buttons. it works every time. Try it, and see the fun you can have. Simply pose a religious question and then when someone takes the bate simply quote paragraphs that sound as if they come from the bible. Nobody is going to take the time to check. Life is too short to take ourselves so seriously.

check it out! They are from the Bible. Ha ha lol  lol

1. Spirit Whisperer profile image73

Which one there are so many out there now! lollollol

You can now get order custom ones from Google to fit any anything you choose to believe! HaHa

That was a set up.
          God's word is true and whatever this custom bible thing is I don't have to worry about it.
          Man can not take the power of God's words away.
          Seek to honor God and the rest will be made clear.
          One truth, one way to God= Jesus

1. Spirit Whisperer profile image73

I am only joking. I admire the strength of your conviction and though I do not choose to place as much trust as you do in that book called the bible I do believe in God and more importantly the message of love and forgiveness.
            You have a good heart and I have read your amazing hub about your mother. Many people would not have survived physically, emotionally or spiritually what you went through as a child and I imagine that your faith is what helped you become the strong kind person you are today. I hope you can forgive my earlier silly remarks which I made before I realised these things about you.
            Take care and I am glad I bumped into you here.

Thanks. smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62
                Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi heavenbound, May the force be with you! smile You are a strong, bold and faithful servant of God. There are many people who are recieving the beautiful words you are sharing with the scriptures. I see no conflicts and hate in your posts. God bless.

Speaking for myself, because I am not against anyone, I am not capable of hate, just only reaching for more love, can't get enough.

For hate is generated by people who are extremely one-sided and do not consider well the other ways of thinking for the better for all.

Good luck with that

Proverbs 12:28--In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.

Proverbs 14:12--There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25 --There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

IS 59:8--The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

Prov 3:5--Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Luke 16:13--No servant can serve TWO MASTERS: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon

Luke 11:34--The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

Luke 9:50 --"Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you."
                    Luke 11:23 --"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

Hi Woman of Courage!

Nice to see you on here and I hope all is well with you!

God bless you!  smile

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62
                    Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice to see you too big_smile Yes all is well.

20. psycheskinner profile image83

No conflict when OP says we are either for or against God with no other option?  I think that is the essence of a conflict-based approach to life.

true

false..

roll

21. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

It's about making a choice and you will either be for God and his ways or it will go against everything God says- if we do not make a continuous effort to get closer to him through Jesus, the one that has payed the price for us to be forgiven, born again- accepting the spirit of God- Holy Spirit. Than we will never know God or his love. Yes he loves us all- but what are we going to do with?
    Are you going to continue to bite the hand that feeds you? After all God is the one that gave us being, food, and all else that we need!
    You must see past the confusion and take a closer look at your life God has you here for a reason- not by accident! God has given you gifts that will bring you joy, peace and bring honor to His name.

We can not be on the fence and say I just don't know what is true and say I believe all that claims some form of godliness- because their is only one way to be in right standing with God.

God promised if we would search for him with all are heart we would find him. God never said a persons logic/mind and reasoning would help at all! Actually God isn't for man wisdom because it represents man trying to be there own god, with there own way- contrary to his will. With in God's will is where are peace, understanding, and salvation is- Jesus.

We can't know it all- but we can know the one that does hold all wisdom   knowledge and power!

God doesn't say there are many ways to him and all other ways God's word declares as false, a lie, satan deceiving mankind, all in all it results to idolatry- anything that we put before the one and only God that created us.

Our actions and words for or against God and His word already shows where we are standing right now.

You talk about actions, yet fail to see your own and the harm that comes from said harmful action.

You talk about "god" as if it's real. Just because, 4+ billion people on the planet believe a god is real, doesn't actually make it so. The ignorance of religion is to keep people confused about their own life and to live in a specific manner. Or did you miss that?

Yet, here we are talking about something and you bring up actions. Actions are morals. If you don't like that, then I think you need to learn more. Being closed-minded or narrow-minded is dangerous to your own health, not to mention, it is damaging to your surroundings, regardless of what you think.

So far, the only thing you've managed to prove, through your actions is that you're completely blind to those who speak to you. You want to be a good Christian, then fine. Learn to be more consciously active about your damn actions and the consequences of them. If you understand the consequences and still persist, then you are in essence dishonest.

Religion causes conflict. The belief in a god causes conflict. When you actively choose to cause conflict, then what does that say about you and your individual character?

Just a thought.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The belief in anything that Cagsil doesn't believe in causes conflict for Cagsil.

we got it!   and we care about your conflict as much if not more that you do for ours.

Love Ya  Bro.

I you could just calm your conflict down a little,  the world might be a little bit better of a place or our grandchildren to live.

You're a riot. Just a laugh a minute. Do you do your own press?
          You got something, but right now it's unexplainable.
          Ignorance is stupidity in motion. If you have stupidity in motion, someone is going to get hurt.

My conflict is in the fact that people lack understanding. What understanding? Their role in their own life. Thus, they know their place in this world. Without knowing, causes conflict.
          Highly doubtful.
          Really? Apparently, you do not pay close attention. Maybe, even at your age, opening your eyes might be a good thing.

And even at your age opening your eyes WOULD be a good thing.

Why is it that as we begin to figure out the truth >?  it is time to go.

It is never too late to open our eyes.

You see, that's your problem. I see a path to peace and the only thing you are is in the way. Plain and simple TRUTH.

The fact that you cannot actually see beyond yourself(and don't bother twisting it around on me, saying I need to- because I wrote a hub on how to see past one's ego, which I am sure you would never attempt to do) and open your eyes(metaphor- heart) to actually learning all the time, then you would know and have learned that a individual human species does not actually have a need for the belief in a god.

Therefore, no rhyme or reason for a god to exist in the first place.

If you could learn half of what you teach ,,,  you would be a wise man.  No dought.

If I learn half what I teach? I live what I teach. lol

OooKkkkkk  ...  If you say so it must be true.

So what happens when we mess up and don't stick to our morals?
        It's called sin against God-that is if your morals line up to or agree with God's morals.
        If it's all based on morals alone it will get us no where.
        Jesus is here for us because we do fall short and sin!
        Narrow minded hmm. Narrow path yes!
        I am sure of what I believe in and God is faithful and never fails to prove it- because I chose to trust him.
        Refusing to care about honoring God the one who sustains us is the first wrong move in anyones life..Thank God for Jesus- our way back to Him!!

If you bothered to read outside the "word" and study a bit of ancient history, or even watch the history channel you would know that your christ is not the first christ. The christ myth, like most of the bible is based on stories that came long before your christ, with the same psychological concept dating back almost to ra.

Where was Ra the sun god in Ex 10:22, When darkness covered Egypt?

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even a darkness which may be felt.” So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days.>Ex 10:21-22

Where was Horis when the death angel came and killed the 1st born of the cattle and the 1st born in the land of Egypt in >Ex 12.

Where was Apis the bull god in Ex 9:6, When all the cattle died?

Where was Sobeck the god that controlled the river in Ex 7:20, When the rivers turned to blood?

Through recent research it has revealed that those plagues should of been stopped by the gods of Egypt. A god made of stone can't hear, touch, feel, or see!
            You sent miraculous signs and wonders against Pharaoh, against all his officials and all the people of his land, for you knew how arrogantly the Egyptians treated them. You made a name for yourself, which remains to this day.> Neh 9:10

But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.> Ex 9:16

For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.> Rom 9:17

God proved he has all power and there is not any other God than Him!!

I have done a page on this if you want to read more on it.

Present day there are other higher authority which will hold you accountable, depending on what was done.
          Excuse me, I wrote a hub on "God's" morals. The most absolute morals society is to live by. However, I recently also wrote a hub that points out the FLAW in the absolute morals(god's so called perfection). Absolute morals cannot exist among humans. Why? Because, it's oppression by definition. Period!
          Actions are based on morals. Therefore, actions are either moral(good) or immoral(bad) or amoral. Amoral is either good(moral) or bad(immoral).
          Jesus is dead or did you not get the message?
          Good to be a narrow path, but make sure your actions do not infringe upon the rights of others. You do not have that right reserved. No one does.
          You know, this statement almost warranted a laugh out loud moment, but I guess you don't actually deserve it. The amount of knowledge you refuse is astounding.
          Really? Quit drinking fluids, quit eating food, quit breathing and see if your god will sustain you? roll

Outside of TV Evangelist that was the greatest BS tale, I have ever heard.

22. tweetyourhair profile image58
    tweetyourhairposted 12 years ago

It's not that simple. You can be for God but not even know it. You can be against God and not even know it. You can be for God but more for the people like this thought of being a philanthropist, helping the world but hating God for creating a broken world in the first place. You see it's not that simple.

If you don't believe me, are you saying all the non believers are against God? And if they dont believe Jesus they will not be saved?

Assuming that you answered yes, then I guess your saying all the indigenous people went to hell? I guess Buddha and Confucius went too. Oh and let's not forget about Bush.

Correct me if I'm wrong, will all the American soldiers that have killed people go to hell? How about considering the circumstances that God planned for war in order for us to learn how to love?

can you tell me if you are for God in a hospital? ... war? ...hunger? My answer is yes, for the many reasons of his Godliness.

Born again Bush said you are for us or against us, why?

I am not for killing one million Iraqi on their soil when no Iraqi has killed an American on US soil. You can't even call it a biblical eye for an eye; I call it mainly murder in a uniform

When everyone is god then there no reason to kill people
      More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason in human history that is insane when you consider there is 1000s of different God and Gods

23. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Must love the sound of her own voice. lol lol lol lol lol

I'm thinking it may be time to start posting the rheems of hate filled verses from the bible. (which will be immediately branded by the faithful as "out of context.)

I could follow that with the same sort of tripe from the quoran which the same "faithful" will attack as "proof of muslim hate" like a pack of ravenous beasts!  lol

The hypocrisy is breathtaking as usual.

Cagsil
      Must love the sound of her own voice.     

I'll never write as much as you in my lifetime and I'll never will tell you to shutup.

24. earnestshub profile image80

More scripture.

You say that the book says that your god says that he exists and everything you say is valid.
    Got it. smile

I would have no clue if God has a script for mankind, the World, the Universe and everything in it. If God did have a master plan do you think God would allow it to fall into the hands of the Christians with their historical road record.

Unlikely! smile As unlikely as there being a god.

When most people sense  there is a God OR Gods,for so long then by consensus there is likely some form of  God or Gods or everyone is god or a form of metaphor of god

When most people claim they have the one and only right God, than sh** hits the fan and their fans in the face of God.

Science has a fair idea where this "god" is and it's function.

Part of an unadapted fight and flight mechanism creates a mythical representation of an existing archetype.
            We make our own gods. smile

I use most, the simply system of tic for tac,

Sometime I use the kingdom within metaphor system were my antitype like the
              Warrior seek truth,
              King manages,
              Wizard loves
              Court jester like yourself can tell the king things no one else can without having his head cut off. I needed to work on that area and you have helped me a great deal and I sense you have healthy enough balance too

Nice!
                A good discussion about brain chemistry, the human condition and the origin of myths would be heaps more enlightening than a bunch of religionists who can't understand their own book spouting scripture at those who have actually read the whole book. smile

I always get a kick on how often an atheist is explaining and correcting a Christian about the many actual detail wriiten in the bible

I believe that is because many have studied it intensively hoping that it would have some truth to it, only to discover that it is another hate and fear driven tome like the quoran. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)