- Women's Health
Have you heard about surrogate pregnancies or surrogate mothers? Maybe you have heard about old women who helped their daughters have babies and they agree to carry a baby for their daughters. Yes, in the recent past there is an increasing trend of families and couples who avail of surrogate parenthood, thus the increase in surrogate pregnancies. Usually surrogate pregnancies are related to infertility problems. In some cases also, there are issues involved in surrogate pregnancies like its commercial use to some women..
Some people take the opportunity to have children once they cant have the capability to have one through surrogate pregnancies. Technological developments aid families and couple to extend their families through the technique of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) or at other times a woman may have biological children and after giving birth she will give the baby to the "other parents". In this hub, I will try to look at what are the different issues and circumstances plus example of surrogate pregnancies. In short I will discuss about the options of surrogacy and surrogate pregnancies.
The term surrogacy is a way whereby a woman agree to become pregnant and deliver a baby because she was contracted to do so. It maybe the case that she is the biological mother or though In vitro fertilization -- implantation of embryo.
Kinds of Surrogate Pregnancies
- majority of the cases of surrogate pregnancies are ones in which the woman agree to carry her own biological child and then give the "other parent" the baby after it was born
- The other case is that there is an implantation embryo in the woman's womb, the fertilized egg is donated or in some cases it is the other parent or the one who is contracting the surrogate is the one who donate the egg and sperm.
Who are availing of this surrogate pregnancies?
- Usually a couple who cant have the capability to have a baby, cases of infertility
- Single woman or man who just want to have a baby
- Gay couple who cant have babies
Issues in Surrogate Pregnancies -- Things to Consider in Surrogate Pregnancies
- is it legal in every state or area. In terms of the contract between the two parties, how is it binding etc, terms of contract
- Amount of money involved or cost of surrogacy
- How near and far is the surrogate mother to the one who is contracting them
- Success rate if it is in vitro fertilization
- Emotional and psychological consequences or readiness of both the contracting and the surrogate parent
- Other moral and religious issues
Forms of Surrogacy
- Commercial purposes- paying the woman to become a surrogate mother
- Non commercial purposes or out of love-- these are usually loved ones who volunteer to help the one who cant give birth on their own, usually relatives, mother of the woman etc.
- In surrogate pregnancies, I think that both the surrogate mother and other party should be emotionally and psychologically ready to have the procedure and responsibility of making it sure that they can face the outcome of the procedure. I mean it is difficult if for example the contracted woman changed her mind after seeing the baby or the other party changed their mind.
- The commercial use of surrogacy is tie to the issue of body, women's rights and legality of surrogacy to some places
- One area is that sometimes a daughter will choose her mother to carry a baby for her, the long time consequences of carrying a baby due to an old woman is another case in point.
- Another one is the moral issue involved in surrogate pregnancies, the environment of the child, how they are going to explain to the child growing up etc.
- How to Use Meditation to Ease Labor Pains
How to Use Meditation to Ease Labor Pains? it is easy and simple to do meditation during labor and it is proven effective. Labor pains can easily be manageable through meditation and many women who gave birth...
- The Many Faces and Kinds of Pregnancy Risks
The Many Faces and Kinds of Pregnancy Risks . Women are designed to give birth, it is scientific that a woman can give birth until they are 49 years old, which is the maximum age for reproduction. It is...
- Humor Quotes and Funny Jokes About Pregnant Women
Humor Quotes and Funny Jokes About Pregnant Women. I like to read humor and laughter about anything pertaining to the world around us -- people, places, situations and anything which will make me laugh....
- Simple and Easy Exercises for Pregnant Women
Are there simple and easy exercises for pregnant women? Yes, there are some exercises which are simple and easy for pregnant women to do.The joy of pregnancy is the joy of womanhood, that being said, you need...
- Give Birth the Natural Way By Lamaze Method : Cost and Where to Avail of Services
Give Birth the Natural Way By Lamaze Method : Cost and Where to Avail of Services. Giving birth to a baby is as natural as nature has it. Women were given the gift of giving birth because they have what it...
- Are Tattoos Safe For Pregnant Women?
Are Tattoos Safe For Pregnant Women? Tattoos as body art is used for various purposes and has been around for thousand years. As a student of culture and one who studied culture extensively, I know that...
- Amazing Baby Deliveries from Unexpected Places With Some Videos
Amazing Baby Deliveries from Unexpected Places With Some Videos. Maybe you have heard of the many news where children are delivered at unexpected places. I remember a gay friend in the Philippines, we were...
- Photos of Pregnant Celebrities in Sexy Swimwear
Photos of Pregnant Celebrities in Sexy Swimwear. I don't know why but some celebrities are just skinny even when they are pregnant, they are slim and still manage to gain little weight and look sexy with...
- Motivational Quotes for Pregnant Women
This hub "Motivational Quotes for Pregnant Women" is dedicated to all the women out there who are pregnant, who experienced pregnancy, mother and those who would like to become a mother. Pregnant women...
- Are Chemical Peels for Skin Care Safe For Pregnant Women?
Are Chemical Peels for Skin Care Safe For Pregnant Women? It has been said that women always have a natural glow in them, they always exudes the beauty that can only be seen when one carries a baby or...
- The Bradley Method of Giving Birth : Hubby, Where Are You?
The Bradley Method of Giving Birth : Hubby, Where Are You? I am getting well informed about all the birthing techniques because I am studying and writing about. It simply amazed me to see that there are lots...
- Childbirth with Hypnosis -- Hypnosis Techniques In Giving Birth Plus Amazing Videos
This hub about using hypnosis in childbirth "Childbirth with Hypnosis : Hypnosis Techniques In Giving Birth Plus Amazing Videos", is borne out of curiosity about this technique used in giving birth. I heard...