jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you stay in the positive zone?

1. darrylcrawford profile image70
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

How do you stay in the positive zone?

I say empowering affirmations when I need a boost. I do my best to treat people the way I would like to be treated. I center myself and stay in the spirit of gratitude and start thanking God for the little things that I may have over looked. I inhale essential oils and drink relaxing beverages (herbals teas). Also I listen to good soothing music (and at times) create music. I pray and ask others to pray for me.
    I write. I draw. etc......these things I do enjoy which help me stay there or get there.
    Please add on and let me know what you do to get and stay in the zone.

2. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

What exactly is the positive zone? Is this about Americans having the right to be happy? Usually at someone else's expense? Not for me. Give me a bit of self-awareness any day

3. darrylcrawford profile image70
    darrylcrawfordposted 7 years ago

Positive zone meaning when you are at your very best (loving, respectful, encouraging, empowering) and you are aware of it and others are as well. This isn't impossible to do as many (or few) of us know. What's your take on this subject........

4. personaltraining profile image52
    personaltrainingposted 7 years ago

just getting active puts me into a positive mood. Not just exercise and training either, but any sort of activity. Put on some of my favourite music, jump up and get stuck into the housework, preparing a good meal, absolutely anything really. Sometimes I do like to just laze around and spend too much time on the computer, but if you feel a slump starting to come on, you need to jump up and DO something.

Also being around nice, positive, supportive and encouraging people is very important.

5. Murray's mom profile image53
    Murray's momposted 7 years ago

I curl up with my cats and remind myself of all the friends and family who love me, and what positive things I have in my life. I try to tell myself the negatives don't really matter in the long run, and things will always get better, somehow.

working