jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you cope with death??

1. profile image48
    aorianaposted 7 years ago

How do you cope with death??

I've dealt with some great losses in my family and friends and im suffering because of it. i dont know how to deal with it and release some of my stress and anger. If you have any advice i would be glad to hear it...

2. Paula Free 7 profile image58
    Paula Free 7posted 7 years ago

Dear aoriana:
    Probably the best way to deal with stress and anger over your losses is to talk with a professional counselor.  If that is not possible, then a trusted friend or relative, someone who will listen to you, because saying it out loud and hearing yourself say it will help you sort through the emotions you are feeling. 

The other way to deal with the pain of grief is to write out how you are feeling and why you are feeling the way you are.  After you've written it, read it over and over and maybe write some more until you come to an understanding of your emotions.  In this way you will be able to come to terms with your losses and lessen some of the emotional pain you have been suffering in connection with them.

3. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 7 years ago

I understand your feeling, your situation and your loss.  I would recommend you to keep yourself busy in something... read books, listen to music, write something, hang out with friends, do meditation or yoga... so just keep yourself busy. Death is a bitter truth. I understand that, yet you are suffering from this great loss, but time will heal all the wounds. Time is truely a great healer. The wheel of time keeps on moving and life moves on. Don't worry, things will get alright.
    Remember, when a person takes birth, h/she have to leave the world one day. Some leave too early, some too late... but one should not spend his/her life in sorrow. After a sad day, comes a glad day friend! So, be happy.. I know yet its hard.. but try. Your life is waiting to see you in joy.

4. David 470 profile image85
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I would try and do things you enjoy to get your mind off it. You could also try talking to someone about it to help you cope.

5. wilmiers77 profile image59
    wilmiers77posted 7 years ago

A strong faith in God thru Jesus. God calls things that aren't as if they are. If God says a thing than that's reality. Pray and God shall make a call just for you because it is in His word. Also, you know that your love one is in a better place. God is always about your life NOW.

6. profile image64
    Vetaliaposted 7 years ago

Dear Aoriana,

I concur with all the previous responses. They've given you some sound advice.

Losing someone you love is always painful. When I lost people I loved, what most helped me to cope was to think of death as a transition, rather than an end. Jesus died to overcome death. Just as He was resurrected, we will be, too. When we die, our spirit is separated from our body. The body (the shell that housed the spirit) is buried until the day of resurrection. The spirit (the real essence of our being) goes to a place called Paradise (Luke 23:43 "And Jesus said unto him [the thief who recognized Him as the Son of God], Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."). The spirit remains in Paradise until the body is resurrected and reunited with the spirit. Knowing this helped me to realize that my loved ones' lives didn't end at death, they just transitioned to another place and state of being. Someday I will join them there, and the love we shared here will continue for eternity.

I realize your beliefs and those of others reading this may be different, and I respect that. But I am sharing this in the hope it may bring comfort to you or others in similar circumstances.

7. Moms-Secret profile image83
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

I just wanted to check up on you and see if, 15 months after this question was asked, you were doing any better...

I just started the journey and I can't even think of 15 months later.  It is no an unmeasurable amount of time.