jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How old should a person be before he or she begins dating?

1. katelisehut profile image60
    katelisehutposted 7 years ago

How old should a person be before he or she begins dating?

2. Porshadoxus profile image76
    Porshadoxusposted 7 years ago

IMO: When a person has reached the age when he/she can seriously consider marrying that love interest, then you're old enough to date. Dating is not for having a good time, but for exploring personality and values to determine compatibility. If that sounds clinical, it is. Yes, we should be in love, but these other factors are also important.

3. EatLovePray profile image58
    EatLovePrayposted 7 years ago

The age at which one has matured enough to handle the responsibilities, and is self-aware of what they are getting into. No one person is the same, thus every individual will begin dating at various stages of life.

4. katelisehut profile image60
    katelisehutposted 7 years ago

I totally agree with both answers!
    I began dating at 16 with parental supervision. I am 18 now and sometimes my boyfriend and I go on dates alone, but we are planning to become engaged next year.

5. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

I wonder about this,my son is 12 soon to be 13. And I monitor his web access and FB,Myspace,and blogger accounts.
    I've noticed on FB all his friends list in relationships and have people listed. These kids are in junior high.

I think that's too early,I asked my son does he have a girlfriend,he states not into girls yet except the one's online playing PS3 with him.

I'm shooting for 16 once he gets a car,he would have shown responsibilty and maturity,not looking forward to him dating at all.

working