jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you could learn any skill, what would it be?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image79
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

If you could learn any skill, what would it be?

2. gmmurgirl profile image83
    gmmurgirlposted 7 years ago

I want to learn racing and drifting, among others. I want to be able to take full control of a car even at top speed.

3. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

I'm currently learning to throw with my left and do other things with my left hand. So stupid that humans only teach how to use one hand.

4. Mayaanjali profile image79
    Mayaanjaliposted 7 years ago

Learn the art of cultivation of fruits and vegetables and farm management-most definitely !

5. janessecret profile image37
    janessecretposted 7 years ago

I'd learn to fly an airliner, I think that would be so very cool!

6. greengypsywolf1 profile image56
    greengypsywolf1posted 7 years ago

To play classical guitar. I have always loved the classic finger picking style of acoustic guitar, but have yet to find the time or money to take lessons.
    For reference look at the song "I go insane", by Lindsey Buckingham.

7. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

A skill to learn people's behavior...I always get burned down by their double acts and want to gain expertise in it.

8. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

The answer is, unless you're physically or mentally impaired in some way, YOU CAN LEARN any skill.   It is a matter of priorities and motivation.   You can't master everything because you don't have the time in one lifetime to do so.  You can become a master in the any field you set your mind to.

Find what you really feel you'd like to do and go for that.

Me, I've been into Creative Writing and Public Speaking and Storytelling because I like to learn and then to teach what I've learned.   The urge to do so has been with me for most of my adult life, so these are the things I do.

I would like to be a music maestro, a great pianist.  And yes, I would like to fly my own light aircraft.   But at 74, I can't see that happening.

Maybe next life?   Well, maybe.  Or maybe something else.