jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you lost a lot of weight using a treadmill?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Have you lost a lot of weight using a treadmill?

I was curious to see if anyone had good results using just a treadmill. I was using a stationary bike, & because of my neck pain, I had to stop. So I am going to use a treadmill. I will be using it at full incline, 2-4mph (fluctuating it) for 30 minutes to 60 minutes a day, depending on my pain level in my neck. I can't do weights or weight training until my neck pain has subsided. Will this be enough for weight loss? I have 4 months to lose 40 pounds (or drop to my goal measurements; which ever comes first.)... I hope I can reach this goal.

2. profile image45
    malek307posted 6 years ago

When you have neck pain do not you force yourself to exercise, healthy body is more important. What you need to do is in now is taking a balanced diet and needs to be done with a strong motivation. You can do it while waiting for your neck pain disappeared, good luck!

3. woodamarc profile image68
    woodamarcposted 6 years ago

Never.  Why, because it is boring to walk miles in one place and look at a TV, or the wall.  I prefer walking in the great outdoors.  So much to see, fresh air and all... It's really motivating.  Now with daily walking outside, I've lost 30lbs.

4. ShootersCenter profile image76
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

I used a treadmill 3 times at full incline,4mph for 30-40 minutes for 3 months and dropped 30lbs. Now I fluctuate the incline and speed only work at it 20 minutes every other day just to stay fit. You can drop measurements by doing some routine exercises, my wife uses a WII Fit while I'm on the treadmill, she only lost 10lbs. but dropped from a 12 to a 8 in the same time, it increases your metabolism. good luck

5. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

Treadmills are valuable tools for walking inside, however, care must be taken to avoid adverse effects, that is, injuries. This is a review of things to watch out for. read more

6. profile image48
    Seaumasposted 5 years ago

No.  never lost a pound doing the most boring exercise known to the cliff dweller.  I won't even use the ones at the Y.  I keep thinking of all those lab animals in our laboratories.  I'm not one of them and I'm certainly not in a cage.  and no one is gonna pull me out and stick needles into me.  No treadmill.

working