jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

The person you're with now, do you "Love" them "conditional" or "unconditional"

1. greenshellmussel profile image70
    greenshellmusselposted 6 years ago

The person you're with now, do you "Love" them "conditional" or "unconditional" ?
    Think about it .

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5535169_f260.jpg

2. carcro profile image94
    carcroposted 6 years ago

Absolutely unconditionally, she's the love of my life!

3. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

I don't need to think about it - when I love I do it fully, with a passion, without any "but" or "if only", so my love is always unconditional. I love the real person as they are, not as I want them to be.
    Until the point in time when things change too much, the feelings are gone and I don't love anymore - then it's time to move on.

4. SanneL profile image60
    SanneLposted 6 years ago

I do not need to think about it since unconditional love means real love and I love the person in my life no matter what.

5. JEDIJESSICUH profile image80
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I don't mean to burst everyone's happy bubble, but I don't think there can be an unconditional love from one human to another.

I love my husband, but if I found out that he cheated on me, I wouldn't feel the same about him. Unconditional love is still loving someone even when they do something to you that would break your heart or spirit. I'm sorry, but I don't think humans have that capability. Maybe there's someone out there who could prove me wrong, but let me ask you this:

If the one you loved started beating you and treating you badly, would you still feel the same about them? Would you still want to be with them? Would you not wish for something better?

6. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I somewhat agree with jedijessicuh. Unconditional love means that your love remains NO MATTER WHAT. Although I love my husband with all my heart, there are conditions to that love and if things were to turn ugly, then my love for him would die. My immediate family, however, I love unconditionally. I may get angry with them but the love never goes away, no matter what.

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

This list would go on and on.........

If my hubby did this, instead of that.........

If only he did not do that......

If only he would not sit at my computer desk.......

If only he did not snore

If only he peeled the onions............they make me cry, and we eat so many of them

If only, he pulled the clothes from the line on a cloudy day, before the rain started in..........

The " if's" are endless.....................endless, I tell you........

STILL, HE IS MY HUBBY.............

he has value, and respect, that out weigh all of the "if ifs"..........

I love my hubby, for the things that he does do...............and for the reasons, that he does not do, the things that he does not do.

I love my Husband...............that is the bottom line...........for whatever he is and for what he is not.   There is no need on my part, to tear his part  apart.

working