jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What would you write to your younger self? What could have improved your life?

1. Escobana profile image72
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

What would you write to your younger self? What could have improved your life?

Go back ten or twenty years ago and picture yourself back then. What letter would you write to yourself, using the knowledge and wisdom you own now, to make an essential difference to your life and the lives of others surrounding you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6087050_f260.jpg

2. cavallo profile image60
    cavalloposted 6 years ago

It would be a letter concerning detail and notes. That I should always of carried a notepad and pen. Not worry so much about pleasing others or what they think of you. Focus more on the future and plan as much as you can.

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

I would tell me to think about myself, because no one else is going to; I am the one to take care of me. That is life that too many don't face.

4. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

I would tell my younger self to lighten up more, and not take yourself so seriously, and I would also tell him not to push people away, because you cannot get through life on your own.

5. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 6 years ago

I would write about being worthy of good. I had little to no confidence in myself and it carried into my mid-thirties. I would encourage my "younger" self to love myself more.

6. MosLadder profile image85
    MosLadderposted 6 years ago

Ah, good one Escobana! I could say a thousand things, but the one that stands out is stick with your passion and follow through.

7. VendettaVixen profile image70
    VendettaVixenposted 6 years ago

I'd tell myself that worrying solves nothing, and to loosen up - what will be will be. I'd also tell myself not to spend my pre-teen years obsessed with the fact that I'm not as pretty as the other girls I know, and that there are good people out there who couldn't care less about how you look.

Maybe most important of all, I'd let myself know that there would be plenty of tough times ahead, but that I would get through them in one piece in the end.

Thanks for the chance to answer a very interesting question.

8. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

Twenty years ago, I would tell myself that I am not ready for what is to come and that money was not going to bring me happiness.
    Ten years ago, I would tell myself: "See, I told you that loads of cash would not make you happy - search for the Spirit World - don't be a donkey." lol

9. Alexander Pease profile image61
    Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago

I would write not to sweat the small stuff, and to read more books. I often wish that I had shown more interest in reading higher level books when I was younger. I would also say that everything that I wanted to have happen, does happen.

10. brielise profile image61
    brieliseposted 6 years ago

To not do the expected. I always did what I thought I should do, and now feel that it didn't get me where I wanted to be. Just because it's what everyone else is doing, doesn't mean that's the path you're meant to take. And also, don't jump into something (ie college) just because you don't know what else to do. You're allowed to take a moment, or a year, to think and breathe.

11. imamkrate profile image58
    imamkrateposted 6 years ago

if i had this chance , i would deal more kindly and politely to the people i lost them specially my mother and friend  and ask forgiveness from God and them

12. DrMikeFitz profile image59
    DrMikeFitzposted 6 years ago

I had heard of a survey of one hundred, 100 year-old men. They were asked what was the one thing they might do different if they had the opportunity? almost 90% of them said they would take more chances.

13. goslimgym profile image57
    goslimgymposted 6 years ago

Nothing. Heart-ache and mistakes make the good moments in life that much better.

working