jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it good to stop caring about what opinion other people hold of you?

1. learner365 profile image75
    learner365posted 6 years ago

Is it good to stop caring about what opinion other people hold of you?

There are some opinions that steer you away from the goals you set for yourself or the ideas you have.What others say or think about you is important or what you feel about yourself is that matters?

2. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

absolutely, unequivocally, yes. you are who you are, i am who i am. for too many years on the planet, my life was lead the way i thought others wanted it to be. my responses were what i thought others wanted to hear.
    by admitting that, i see how foolish i was.
    i AM who i am with all of my imperfections.
    and once i stopped being somebody else, my life has become so much easier to live. i do not have to anlayze and study over and ponder what i will say or do now. i just do what comes naturally.
    if others are suprised by actions or attitude that is on them.
    and what i feel about me is positive. as i said i know i have shortcomings but overall i think that i have things to contribute and offer that are of value.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

It depends on their opinion. The person who is getting opinions needs to consider if their words are right or wrong. Are they a little heartless? Are you disorganized? Etc. Both are important, what you say and what others say. Their words might tell you something you didn't know about yourself. But remember that not everything they say is true. Because they don't know everything about the situation.

4. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

I think that when talking about what makes us who we are, what we believe, yes, stop caring. That said, I think many cross the line and become rude and disrespectful.

5. delaneyworld profile image80
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

I have become much less concerned about what others think as I've aged.  I think it is important to treat others as you wish to be treated.  I think it is vital to be a good person. 

Beyond that, your appearance, how you live, etc is up to you.  If you are proud of who you are, like how you look, love your life - it matters absolutely nothing what others think.  You are an individual unlike anyone else in the world.  Your life will be much richer without disapproval or judgment having an affect on how you live your life. 

This gets easier sometimes as we age.  It's great to realize that what we once thought was a big deal, no longer matters.

working