jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I was called by another person"a unpolished diamond"does anyone no what this mea

1. Rere Wain profile image53
    Rere Wainposted 6 years ago

I was called by another person"a unpolished diamond"does anyone no what this means????

2. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Well, it's hard to say what specific meaning they had in mind, without having been involved in the conversation myself. Now, that being said, generally, when someone refers to you as an "unpolished diamond", it's like saying your a "diamond in the rough". There's lots of beauty and potential, but it has yet to be buffed and polished enough so that everyone can see it.

3. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

You are beautiful but cover your beauty beneath a lot of junk. This person was telling you that underneath the baggage, you can sparkle and shine.

4. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure whether I'd take that as a compliment or insult because I take it to mean that you shine brightly within, but the outside doesn't lead you to guess this (Or is yet to be polished!).

5. FunHouse profile image84
    FunHouseposted 6 years ago

This can refer to your characteristic or talent also. For example if you were singing and someone said you are an "unpolished diamond" that would suggest your singing is really great but you still need some "polishing" to make it em amazing - a lesson is solo singing to learn how to breathe correctly when singing (for example). Bottom line, this is a compliment that acknowledges your potential and encourages you to develop it even more.

It can also be a thing of beauty as stated before smile

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I assume they mean you are a diamond in the rough which to me means you are a high quality, good person with some rough edges - like all of us.  Sounds like a compliment to me.

working