jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you look younger or older than your age?

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Do you look younger or older than your age?

My sister-in-law looks really young for her age.  She is petite so that helps.  When she was in her 30's, she used to win big stuff animals at the amusement parks where they try to guess your age within 5 years.  Me?  I think I look younger than my age, but whenever I ask my kids, they'd go "Mom, if you're looking for compliments, you're not gonna get it here."  What about you?

2. Made profile image60
    Madeposted 5 years ago

People say I look younger than I am - and I feel younger, too. Now I have come to realize that I'm not so young anymore, and I just have one life and therefore I have to make the most out of it. I won't live forever even if I look young. smile

3. hotwebideas profile image73
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

COOL QUESTION: I am almost 46 and most people think I look 10 to 15 years younger. I went to my 20 year high school reunion and couldn't believe all the gray hair on other people. My gray is just starting to show now, so I wonder how long I will look this young.

4. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

Hi Rosie2010! ha!ha! I like how your kids responded to your question! I look and act younger than my age and I'm happy for that. I think that if your spirit is young, it reflects in your outward appearance. Everyone thinks that my younger sister is actually my older sister....which is sometimes awkward. I like your question, thanks for asking!

5. gramon1 profile image76
    gramon1posted 5 years ago

I look longer than I am. I am 57 and in good shape, but heavy. Looking younger is great, since we don't want to be treated like old people. In my karate practice, I am faster and much stronger than the kids in their twenties. My years of experience also help a lot. I can endure a 90 minute training drill, just like any twenty five year old. However, my recovery time is not as good as it used to be. I had to reduce six practices per week to three to four. Longer recovery time is the first sign of aging. This has made me realize that I am at the begining of a decline. It is not a nice feeling, but one we have to accept.
    Lookig younger is only part of it.