jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Would you rather date someone ten years older or ten years younger?

1. dingdondingdon profile image58
    dingdondingdonposted 7 years ago

Would you rather date someone ten years older or ten years younger?

Obviously your own age is going to affect your answers, especially if you're in your twenties (haha).

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Ten years older. Yes, I'm in my 20s, but I'm trying to keep all the rest of my life in perspective there too...I doubt it will ever change much. I've never been attracted to people younger than me or my own age, and my husband is 27 years older than me.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

When I was 15, ten years older, now I'm 62, 30 years younger.

4. Stina Caxe profile image85
    Stina Caxeposted 7 years ago

I think that the older you get the less age matters.  Being 30, no I wouldn't want to date a 20 year old.  At the same time I doubt I'd have a problem dating a 40 year old.  When I am 40 however, I don't think I'd have a problem dating a 30 year old.

5. stclairjack profile image84
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

first, what constiutes "dating"?.... cause if i could date something it his twenties for say,.. one night, hell yea,.... but i've tried younger than me in the long term sense and it always winds up with me forced into a parent roll, that i didnt want and he winds up resenting.... short term, (24-48 hrs) yes i can go younger ..... long term, (3-6 mo) i stick to older guys, they dont run as fast and i can catch them, and hide thier teeth if they piss me off.

6. ImChemist profile image56
    ImChemistposted 7 years ago

Yes i can if this person have smart mind and lovely heart !

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

my wife is 10 years younger but that's just how it is. age, within reason is irrelevant to me.

8. Variety Writer profile image61
    Variety Writerposted 7 years ago

I think 10 years older but it depends on how old I am at the time.

9. kallini2010 profile image81
    kallini2010posted 7 years ago

An old coot versus a young stud?

I would rather go for two - you cannot combine all the advantages in one.

I don't mind age -- age is a question of mind over matter -- "if you don't mind, it does not matter" -- what I mind, the fluidity of those relationships.

A young stud would not stay, sometimes all he wants is his "mommy", or a cougar -- an older loaded woman, what is fun in that?  For me?

Older men?  They are as bad as younger ones.

The Verdict - I will remain the saddest spinster on Earth unable to decide on the age category.

Yeah, right...............

10. Lucky Cats profile image79
    Lucky Catsposted 6 years ago

I've done both! And, there is something positive about each experience.  Younger men are enthusiastic, exciting and excitable, exuberant, energetic and refreshing.  The young man I dated had an element of surprise meaning, he was easily enthralled, spontaneously happy and unassuming.  A joy to be with.

The older man I spent time with was calm, genteel, quiet and very self assured.  When with him, I felt an inner strength and bearing which, I believe, was the result of being older, having experienced life; the ups and downs, and being a bonafide adult.  His presence was serene, sensual, appreciative and subtle.

There is something wonderful about both; which translates into this:  We all have great gifts to bestow upon oneanother; "plusses" which come from our  own individual experiences and personalities.

My answer:  BOTH

working