jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What really is the best remedy for a cold?

1. teacherloves2cook profile image58
    teacherloves2cookposted 5 years ago

What really is the best remedy for a cold?

2. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 5 years ago

Getting plenty of rest, staying home fro work or school.

3. Khal Blogo profile image60
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

Eat some garlic. You could try some garlic soup, but eating it raw is better.

4. xanzacow profile image72
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately wait and deal with it for about two weeks and let it run its course. In the meantime hot chicken soup loosens you up a bit. Acetaminophen for aches and maybe some otc guaifenesin for congestion.....good luck.

5. Bretsuki profile image81
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

In my view time is the best remedy for a cold.

On avaerage a cold for me lasts about seven to ten days.

Stay home so as not to spread the cold virus around your workplace or community.  Drink fluids, I like to drink lots of strong black tea, soups, and treat the cymptoms like aching muscles with paracetamol, advil, or tylenol.

Other than that there is little one can do. But watch that the cold doesn't become a chest infection leading to Bronchitis that then needs to be treated with help from your doctor.

6. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I started coming down with a sore throat today, like what my daughter had before she got her cold last week. So, I've started using Zicam Cold Remedy. In the past this remedy has stopped a cold dead in its tracks. I'm hoping it does this time, too. hmm

7. GamerAinion profile image88
    GamerAinionposted 5 years ago

For me. Vitamins and Water... Lots of water tongue

8. Etherealenigma profile image81
    Etherealenigmaposted 5 years ago

For general cold relief - transfer factor plus. Transfer factor restores your immune system so that your immune system can heal the body.
    If you're looking for upper respiratory relief - goldenseal.
    For lower respiratory relief - fenugreek.
    To relieve a stuffiness in the nose - coloidal silver.

9. padmendra profile image46
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

Steam inhalation for five minutes and  gargle with  hot water mixed with small amount of  salt thrice a day is best remedy without taking any medicine. If cough is there one can take hot  milk added with one spoon of turmeric before going to bed at night  which is a known method to get rid of cold.

10. krishna sandhya profile image60
    krishna sandhyaposted 5 years ago

Sleep a lot..
    Put some turmeric in hot water and gargle...
    garlic helps a lot..
    even excess heat in the body will result in cold..
    Frankly cold has its own time to get down...so better don't use antibiotics...
    Whether treated or untreated cold will get down in 4 days(acute cases)

11. alliemacb profile image94
    alliemacbposted 5 years ago

Lots of good advice here but one thing that always works for me is to have a spicy curry.  It always makes me feel better.  I did read somewhere about the scientific basis for this - something to do with hot curries causing sweat and also some of the spices have medicinal properties.  Not a cure, as such, but it does help alleviate symptoms.