jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you deal with uncertainty?

1. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

How do you deal with uncertainty?

These days, many of us face uncertain situations - financial challenges, relationships not being what they seem or falling apart, false accusations of wrong-doing? I'm looking for insights and stories about keeping going and making life work while living with uncertainty that we can't resolve. How do we keep going between the storm and the rainbow?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6986499_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I think this can be one of the biggest life lessons.  For me, I use meditation a lot.  I find it helps me in times of uncertainty to shut off the distractions around me and go within to my center.  I liken it to the "eye of the storm" - the calm place in the middle where nothing disturbs your deep inner peace.   Over time, I've found that when I access that place with regularity, I can keep my calm even in times of uncertainty much better.  Calmness and being at peace leads to better choices and a better ability to function in crisis situations etc.

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A beautiful answer, ChristinS. Thanks for kicking off our discussion.

3. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Trust in the Lord, pray, and live one day at a time. remember the verse.."I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me", Philippians 4:13.

4. mathira profile image82
    mathiraposted 5 years ago

Life is full of uncertainties and you have to deal with it even if you like it or not. When you have hope and self confidence, you will know that one day you will tide over them.

working