jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What can cause some one to get swollen feet?

1. sassydee profile image74
    sassydeeposted 5 years ago

What can cause some one to get swollen feet?

I don't know why my feet have been swelling up lately????

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7255818_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Have you been sitting more than usual?  There is something called dependent edema that is basically gravity at work if we sit too long.  The legs and feet tend to fill up with our excess water.

Move around more and watch your sodium intake-- 2300mg is the daily req., but you may be sensitive and have to watch it more.  Also lay down and put your feet up for 20 or 30 minutes.  I have this problem and since I did not take care of it when I should have I now have permanent damage in feet, legs and ankles meaning the swelling never goes down.

If it does not clear up, I would see a doctor as there are some other things they might look for.

sassydeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the advice I will diffinately take it

3. artist101 profile image69
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Blood pressure, and kidney function are two key problems. Refered to as edema. A natural diuretic is B 6, celery is also a natural diurectic(water pill). It may be eaten, or taken in capsule form, as celery seed. It may warrant a trip to the doctor for a physical, to rule out any underlying condition.
    Sodium intake being too high, and sitting to long. Get up walk around a bit. To get the circulation going.

celery it is

2. artist101 profile image69
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

and a trip to the doctor I hope.

3. sassydee profile image74

yes a trip to the doctor wink

4. artist101 profile image69
      artist101posted 5 years agoin reply to this

glad to hear it!!!