jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What is the first thing you do when you begin to realize that you are stressed?

1. bucker98 profile image61
    bucker98posted 5 years ago

What is the first thing you do when you begin to realize that you are stressed?

2. pradiiphira profile image71
    pradiiphiraposted 5 years ago

if it is happened to me, i just sit back and relax, watch television, listen some good music and probably go for outing

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

If I don't catch the feeling right away, I begin searching for something to eat.

4. Neinahpets profile image87
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately I turn to food... I've sense tried to find better things to calm me down like playing a game of Literati.

1. moonfroth profile image74
      moonfrothposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It takes a LOT to stress me.  And quite frankly, I find a stiff Scotch and ten minutes eyes-closed-calm-time does wonders!

2. Neinahpets profile image87
      Neinahpetsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wish some eyes closed calm time worked for me, hah.

5. mikejhca profile image93
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

When I realize that I am stressed the first thing I do is to take control.  I control my breathing.  Deep slow belly breathing makes me feel more relaxed.  I also control my thoughts.  Thinking of the beach makes me feel more relaxed.  So does exercising because I am thinking about the exercise.  Mostly I just stop thinking about whatever it is that is stressing me out and stop breathing like a stressed out person.

6. calmclinic profile image68
    calmclinicposted 4 years ago

I find myself having a serving too many of desserts.. after that I hit the road. I pay dearly for unchecked anxiety attack!

working