jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What is 'fear' for you exactly?

1. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 4 years ago

What is 'fear' for you exactly?

When you are afraid how exactly you feel?
    For me its like I do not have the below part of knee. So I can not think about escaping. I just pause wherever I am, when I am extremely afraid.

2. Amy Becherer profile image75
    Amy Bechererposted 4 years ago

Fear interjects itself when an event occurs over which I feel I have no control in the outcome.  Any situation that leaves me feeling out of control, discombobulated, and consumed with a sense of panic and/or hopelessness engenders fear in me.  I am rendered hostage to distraction with an inability to focus and the real risk of becoming accident-prone, physically weakened and emotionally scattered.

dghbrhposted 4 years agoin reply to this

uhhhhh very terrible feel one has to go through in that condition. Thanks for sharing your 'fear' situation here with us.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Being worried or having anxiety about something that could potentially harm you. If I'm socially afraid, I clam up. If it is pure fear of something dangerous, just run away. If something or someone is threatening you, defense mode.

Its nice to know about your escape strategies for fear.

4. bizarrett81 profile image70
    bizarrett81posted 4 years ago

When I am truly afraid of something, like a car accident or losing my son, my heart always takes off and I feel like, a heaviness in my chest and stomach.. I understand what you mean about feeling as if you are frozen in fear..

5. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

Being afraid is a bad feeling at the pit of your stomach. Its almost like we know when something is wrong.

I have been in many fearful situations. One was with a car accident. I actually Itmention it in my hub.

We either live in fear or faith, one cannot live in both. However it is just natural to have a fearful reaction. This is part of being human. My experience has led me to live in faith more so, with faith we can do anything, like Jesus says we can move mountains.

Fear takes over our bodies and makes us easy targets for evil thoughts. I guess you could say devil/satan stepping in to control our minds. It is his way for us to doubt the Holy Spirit.

Of course its hard, but when the situation goes away so does the fear until next time.
    And we all worry about our children being out we all do, I have done it over and over and over. The feeling is scary and your heart beats and you cant sleep.

I trust that the Almighty will protect us now like he promised.

It is hard to escape fear as mentioned by dghbrh it is part of our everyday life. We look at the world today and it is a fearful place alone, so we have to instill this fear of what is going on around us into our very own lives.

If you try to live by faith alone, you will see that your fear will start to diminish.

Its hard to believe that a spirit we cannot see will protect us, however fearing the mere things that are out there is what we run from, so just maybe what we do not see is what can protect us.

Thank you for this thoughtful reply here.

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Fear is the emotion of feeling very uncomfortable and possibly out of control of your circumstances.

Thanks for your response here.

working