jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

If you had to put a color to pain what color is it?

1. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 5 years ago

If you had to put a color to pain what color is it?

I was reading an article on pain last night. I was able to identify with many of these people.
    I always see my pain as fire- engine red.
    What color is your pain.

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

For me, intense pain would be deep purple (from deep purple to almost, but not quite, black)..  Achy pain would be more yellow (but not a sunny yellow).

3. Hariom Singhal profile image59
    Hariom Singhalposted 5 years ago

Pain has no color.It is pain.By giving color to pain you can get satisfied.

Lor's Storiesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think colors describe moods. Pain changes moods.

4. Sheila Wilson profile image83
    Sheila Wilsonposted 5 years ago

I would agree with you that I would associate red with pain. I believe this color association would be common due to the color of sores, burns, scabs, and blood.

5. Hridyapal-Bhogal profile image75
    Hridyapal-Bhogalposted 5 years ago

Firstly, I really appreciate the very nature of the question and the kind of thought-process it generates!

For me, pain is 'white' as it is different for different people (For some, needle pricks could be a source of pain but there are some who have made this as a science). Also, it can take various colours (read: proportions) when mixed with other substances (read: individual's strength and weaknesses).

Lor's Storiesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Darn I so wanted to help people in their pain process but now I'm the one needing answers . Or is there a way I still can help.?

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Black and red. When closing your eyes at the sensation of pain, the light looks red through your eye lids. Also, when it gets close to being intolerable, you see black spots in your vision. So a combination of both.

7. Tammy L Bond profile image59
    Tammy L Bondposted 3 years ago

I half agree with Hariom Singhal - pain has no color for me; however I don't see giving it a color you can get satisfied. If that were the case, I'd give all my pains colors because I have some emotional pain that I would go through hell and high water to make go away.

As Lor's Stories commented, I relate color to moods rather than pain.

working