Does it embarrass you to suffer from a mental illness?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 298 discussions (929 posts)
  1. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

lol

2. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I have to get to bed. At least I had fun wasting my time big_smile

If you liked that chart, here is one I did a couple weeks ago.

It's labeled "Watergate DOES bother me". (I'm not a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan)
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2362240_f520.jpg

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!!!!  lol New hub idea:  just your charts.  Way too funny, Jen.  Hope you get some sleep tonight.  It's only midnight here, so I have a few hours to go.  You're in the midwest?  I'm originally from St. Louis. Oh, just looked, Michigan.  One of my favorite states!!!  Spent my summers up in "the pinky" on Crystal Lake.  Ever been to Sleeping Bear?

1. wyanjen profile image69
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I moved to Detroit about 15 years ago - I love it here in Wyandotte (thus, wyanjen)
        I've wandered through the pinky a few times. smile
        My home town Alpena is on the first knuckle of the index finger.

How do people in Oregon tell each other where they live?
        You don't want to know how they do it in Florida...

1. profile image0

Oh, yes I DO want to know about FL...  We have nothing cool like appendages as road maps here.  One HUGE negative of this state.  It's pretty much divided into the highly liberal and granola sector vs. eastern Oregon and the "rest of the state".  It's VERY liberal here (why I chose it) and VERY conservative in many parts of the state...  Our state is shapeless.  I love it here.

If I ever finally have to flee Detroit, maybe I'll head to Liberal Shapeless Oregon. Any jobs out there? lol

Well, Michigan is America's High Five State, but I believe it was John Stewart who said:
            Florida is America's Wang.

OK I'm going to bed now. The bi-polar alertness zone is nearly at an end (EST).

Was much fun, so nice to meet ALL of you in here today
            smile

1. profile image0

No jobs.  Husband's almost unemployed from "outsourcing".  sad  One of the worst unemployment rates in the nation. 

Good night.  Sweet dreams.

2. Sara Tonyn profile image60
              Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

G'night! Great meeting you too! big_smile

Excellent! big_smile

1. figment profile image74
        figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depression hit me last night when I was trying to go to be AT 7:30 in the morning (I'm a Night Owl).  I'm bored and lonely at my dad's - miss my friends, daughter, and occasionally Mary Jane,

1. profile image0

How old is your daughter?  Sorry you are missing so many of your loved ones right now...  sad  Happy Valentine's Day from me to you!  Laura

Thank you. Happy Valentine's Day to you to.  My daughter's 12.  She said in Mississippi b/c she wanted to finished school with her friends.  I won't see her for another month (spring break).

1. profile image0

I'm so sorry...  As a mother I can only imagine how hard that must be.  I have a 10 year old and my twins will be 8 on Tuesday.  They are my life.

Are you feeling any better?  I sure hope so.  You are in my thoughts...

3. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

Where is everybody? I thought we were supposed to take over the world tonight. Were the plans canceled? If so, I never got the memo!

RATS!

P.S. Hope you're feeling better, figment.

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

did I forget to take over the world?  or was it just too nice a day  - bright sunshine, warm breeze, felt like spring - and didn't feel like shooting anybody - or occupying any federal buildings or - wait, just what does one DO, in order to take over the world!  I kinda took over my little part of the world though, does that count?

5. wyanjen profile image69

I have to be at work in 7 hours and godammit I just took down all the light covers in my apartment to clean them,
    My studio light, the ridiculous chandelier in my bathroom, and my ceiling fan. I've got 8 glass light covers in my kitchen sink filled with hot water.
    Did this really have to be done after 11? YES.
    This is not my typical bi-polar symptom. but dammit it is frustrating when it happens on a school nite.

sorry girls, I'm in an episode. I gotta go so I can get to work!!!!! damdamdam

1. Sara Tonyn profile image60

Must be something in the water. I've been feeling ramped up all day.

k, my sleeper kiboshed me.
        later gaters
        behave N WHAT NOT

peace

I think I'll go for the WHAT NOT.

G'night. smile

2. profile image0

I seriously think I have Bi-Polar symptoms.  I do stuff like this ALL the time.  I'm very all or nothing.  My recent "symptom" was working with polymer clay NON STOP for days.  Couldn't stop pumping out jewelry.  Spent tons of cash on it, too.  Or, take HP, for example.  Will be on it for hours each day.  Everything is cyclical, too.  Like, I'll be obsessed with something for a while, then BAM I'm done and onto a new obsession.  I have a lot of trouble following through with anything, as well.  What do you guys think?  In the back of my mind I've suspected this about myself.  My degree is in mental health, so I could be overly analytical.  But, I'm wondering more and more these days...  hmm

Do you experience something like a burst of energy? Feel hyper, like no project is too big or too difficult? And you have to do it now even if it's impractical?

Or do you simply become obsessed with what you're doing and can't stop?

1. profile image0

Yes.  Must be done IMMEADIATELY regardless of practicality.  Burst of energy, somewhat.  Yes, in that mode I'll undertake ludicrous projects.  Don't even get me started painting my house.  It's a tough call b/w the whole "obsession" thing and mania...  I'm intense and super motivated, so how to decipher inherent personality traits versus problematic behaviors.  I will say my hubby calls me out on this... a lot. 

Stupid laptop's dying.  Must get cord.

What the heck, why not be bipolar and obsessive compulsive?

I am. I don't think anyone should have just one disorder. It might get lonely.

1. profile image0

lol  Maybe that's it, my clinical depression/dysthymia needs a buddy.  I'm definitely OCD.  It's much better on Paxil though.  I used to "check things" about 50 times per day... the door, my purse to make sure I hadn't lost my debit card.  Ugh.  That was AWFUL.  It's better now.  Perhaps it's been replaced by Bipolar Disorder.  smile

6. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

No I am not ashamed to have been diagnosed 5 times  ( yes, I wanted to make sure that it really was the issue ) of having Post Traumatic stress Disorder , or PTSD, and Extreme anxiety...It is not my fault I have this issue, it stems from things I can not really talk about , that I do supress, that happened to me for many years as a child..and it was not just one thing, it comes from a variety of happenings...there is not a cure and I do ok on the medication.
    We are who we are, and if others can not accept it, they may be the ones who have a problem they should be embarrassed about.

Your attitude seems very positive. Good for you! smile

2. figment profile image74

What meds are you on?

7. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I think I need to take over the world tomorrow night instead, if that's alright with y'all.  Did taxes today for the sake of getting a refund.  Is Wordscribe41 getting a refund, you ask???  Why, no.  Less mortagage interest this year from decreased rate = $1500 owed.  BTW, have I mentioned my hubby is being outsourced and will be unemployed in a few weeks? 

Crap and double crap. 

Just wanted to say "hi" because I missed my crew here. 

Get better Jen and Figment.  sad

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, wordscribe.  sad

Sure, let's postpone taking over the world for a few days.

This doesn't seem to be the right night for such a big undertaking.

Us "crazy" folks aren't good at making plans.  We do better at simultaneously screwing them up, but we like it that way.  It fits in are schedule....or does it?  Feeling a little better for now... think I'm gonna work on some writings.

Glad you're feeling better. smile

8. profile image0

Thanks, Sara.  It will work itself out.  I refuse to worry about $ too much. 

How are you tonight?  Did you have a nice Valentine's Day?  I hope so.

9. skyfire profile image79

I has evil ideas, i take over da world.

http://sxsw.com/files/u13/HowToTakeOver.jpg

1. profile image0

I was thinking we have a few choices:

Mind control of all.
      Moving all humans to Mars.  We stay here.
      A computer virus.

Still pondering...

10. profile image0

I really do not want to say, but it is written by a court that I suffer from this affliction, not by genetics or any cause of my own, and I must stay on them in order to live a somewhat normal life due to what happened due to a  series of events, that most people would of never made it through.

I ask no pitty , my life was meant for a purpose and I was meant to go through these events for a reason, unfortunatly, I developed a mental illness because of them.

Frankly, the state I live in is surprised I am still alive and not crazy.
    Maybe I will hub my life, some of it is quite shocking , but if I do ..I really do not know if I can..
    frankly, I am surprised I am alive to even speak of it at all..

but that is my life, and I would wish it upon no one...sometimes it is just best to never relive the past by bringing it up.

I understand... glad your coping peacefully.

11. skyfire profile image79

Moving all humans to mars iz nice idea. We'll offer them cookies.

That's the option I liked best too. They'll never figure out what's happening until it's too late.

mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaa...

1. profile image0

How to get them all there?  Thinking, thinking, thinking...

2. profile image0

Did someone say cookies?

3. figment profile image74

I like your ideas

12. Sara Tonyn profile image60

http://www.snowbooks.com/weblog/pinky_brain.jpg

1. profile image0

I lOVE Pinky and the Brain.  Oh, my I used to watch that all the time.  Just after Eek the cat.  lol

13. Sara Tonyn profile image60

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/112/931/319/2BMwFYD56sROOaa.jpg

Sooooooo cute......... I luv u guys

I use to have an idea about starting an anonymous group for the mentally ill called MIA (Mental Illness Anonymous) ....kinda funny huh... MIA since we seem to go MIA (missing in action) at times of mental illness outbreaks.

1. profile image0

That's awesome, figment.  MIA...  Story of my life.  I'm glad you're feeling better and I love you guys, too.  This thread feels so homey.  smile

2. profile image0

EEK!!!!  I actually have a cat named Eek.  I miss Eek the Cat.  Thanks for that pick-me-up.  lol

14. profile image0

I saw that too..I could go for a cookie..a huge christmas cut out cookie like my grandma used to make..ummmm....maybe I will have to make some , but make them hearts, moons, suns, and stars..instead of Christmas shapes...

Great! You can be in charge of creating bait for the humans.

Now all we need is a mode of transportation to get them to Mars. smile

1. profile image0
        B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny you mention, since most people who really have PTSD are in different stages of recluse, and I am an artist who is skilled in many forms and I am at a very reculse state, I can probly have the mode of trasportation made within a week , 14 days tops.

You just have to give me time without pressure to get the blueprints and I will use materials around my environment or , when I do make myself go into public this week, I will gather the needed material then.

lol

Yes, I can even joke about my PTSD..see, its ok

1. profile image0

Awesome, BC!!!  2 weeks should be okay.  I could help, too with the blueprints and all.  I have LOTS of polymer clay for the spacecraft if that would help.  It's pretty sturdy after baking.  I can waterproof it, too.

1. profile image0

I can weld together the frame with some of the metals I have from sculpting and jewelrymaking, and I have some old computers we can use the circuit boards from , that I got when the school here had an auction last year, they are from the late 1990's, so they should not be too old to use for circutry...and your clay will make a nice hard "shell"...
            I think we got it..

and I can possibly have the blueprints done by tomarrow, so come on over smile

Great... I'll bring cookies!!

2. profile image0

Perfect.  I did make an AWESOME award winning derby car for my son's Cub Scouts.  So, I can definitely rig up some landing gear, for the love of God.  Couldn't be that hard. 

En route, I was thinking that instead of serving peanuts, we could serve some moon pie.  Got a great recipe.  We don't want them hungry and grumpy...  I still do care somewhat.

http://www1.theworldlink.com/weird_news/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/moonpie1.jpg

Great! big_smile

Once we get rid of all the humans, we recluses might actually come out and socialize once in a while. lol

1. profile image0

Yes , maybe I will come out more, right now I have to plan it days in advance and force myself to go outside to places..less humans and I might just get out to enjoy it, who knows???

yes, lets send them to Mars, I want to see if it will help and just maybe we can enjoy each others company?
            You never know

15. figment profile image74
    figmentposted 14 years ago

Should I start us a forum called MIA where we can get together and talk about when we're happy, sad, crazy, taking over the world, etc.  A place where us crazy's can vent about our illnesses or days when we need to?

1. profile image0

That works for me!!!  Actually, we have a good gig like that going on here.  Just curious, how did you pull yourself out of the funk?  I have such a hard time doing that when I'm "there".

I just took my meds (which i forgot to take the night before) and made myself go to sleep.  I use to when I was depressed, now sleep seems to make me depressed.  I just want to stay up.  I guess its the bipolar stuff.

I've been messing up my med schedule lately. Dunno why. I must have taken my meds late  (like 2-3 hours late) just about every day this week.

Our own forum! Sounds great! big_smile

Hmm. Should we add a word/letter so the abbreviation isn't exactly the same as those really MIA? I don't want to offend any war veterans. Or am I worrying for no reason?

1. profile image0

It's your paranoia kicking in, Sara.  Oh, God, someone's watching me.

lol

16. profile image0

I have figured out how to blow unbreakable glass, so I can also rig up some safety devices possibly...

I suppose my collection of tupperwear will hold snacks nicly too..

PS..I love the pic of the chubby cat, how very cute smile

17. profile image0

and yes, going through granny E's recipes, I did find a treat close to what a moon pie would be...from what I remember her's were actually better than the real thing, I will need some help though, I do not have any melting chocolate, if you can grab some on your way over..I can get some baked up easily.

1. profile image0

Got it.  Granny E's cookies for us as we watch them fade into space.  I'll bring earplugs for all, too.  It does get quite noisy according to my sister who watched one from Cape Canaveral.  The glass idea is good, too. 

My precious metal clay will work well for decor and functionality.  I may need a little extra.  Oh, never mind I have plenty.  In fact, we can make some cool stuff after they're gone.  I'm into silver bezels now.

1. profile image0

that would be cool, I can blow some intricate glass medallions or use some of my Swarovski crystals and we can make many beautiful items with your silver bezels..I smelt and make jewelry settings, I have plenty of scrap gold, white and yellow and some extra silver if you need it..I would love to help make works of beauty with you and your silver bezels!

1. profile image0

This is going to be the COOLEST spaceshift EVER!  Already designed the nose.  Gonna look something a bit like this:  http://www.mensjewelryguide.com/images/float/buy-diamond-jewelry.jpg

1. profile image0

you know what..I have a ton of fresh and salt water pearls i work with too..I just happen to have some coated with a silver transparent coating...

maybe those will work for your idea, if not I can get an orb made in about 48 hours if I go outside and go into the shop. ( I can do that..it is in my backyard, so I am not really leaving my house )

Should we put a name on this gorgeous space ship?

1. profile image0

Great minds think alike.  We were simul posting.

1. profile image0

no, why waste our precious pearls..I have a nice dremmel to engrave any and everything..

now as for the name, I will leave that up to you all...just make it here with the supplies I dont have and once there gone I will go out and gather all the beautiful things and essentials we need..if they are not out there, I wil not have to  worry then..

very good plan, indeed

2. wyanjen profile image69

READY SET GO!

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/wyanjen/spaceship4.gif

1. profile image0

OMG!  That's awesome, Jen!!!  lol

big_smile

I can't get a good map to Mars, but I found a perfect map OF Mars....
                http://www.google.com/mars/

big_smile

1. profile image0

Perfect.  So glad you're here, we were missing you last night.  Definitely needed your planetary knowledge.  We went a little bonkers last night.  How are you today?  Are the lamp covers shiny?

lol
                    Yeah, you guys cooked up quite a plan
                    lol

My lights are shining so bright than I can see very clearly what a mess my place is.
                    That is what frustrated me - I should have been mopping and dusting, not tearing apart my lights. hmm

18. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

Aren't we ALL a little f**ked up when you think about it?

Absolutely! I only take meds so I can cope with the people who don't realize they need to be taking meds.

1. profile image0

lol lol lol  True dat.

fo shizzle

19. profile image0

and if the people are gone i will be happy, since i love precious stones and metals and things that glimmer and sparkle..that just means I can have all the crystals and precious stones i want, since they will not need them on Mars!

Im all for it, lets just do it ..I just will not sleep and get the blueprints done in 24 hrs!

20. Sara Tonyn profile image60

You two are going to build a great ship!

Just remind me to pack the map before we take off.

1. profile image0

No, it's okay.  Wyanjen knows the way.  'member the chart and all?  We're good.

Good thinking!

This is falling into place very nicely. smile

2. profile image0

oh, I thought you were staying with us "unnormal" people..and we were just sending the so called "normals" away..

I have a lot of land and a very well equipped workshop..

I think we shall be fine.

I am! I am! I'm staying with you guys!

Please don't make me stay with the humans!

21. profile image0

and my doctor will come to my house if I need him, 24/7, 365 days a week, he handles my mental and my physical disabilities..so we will be ok..we just cant send him with the "norms"

no, do not worry, your staying..I have plenty of room to start a commune or safety compound..

smile

1. profile image0

No, we need him.  He SO stays. Thanks for thinking about that.

Sounds good. big_smile  Your doc definitely stays with us. I wouldn't want all of us to be running around without our meds. We'd start acting like...humans!

3. Sara Tonyn profile image60

Whereabouts do you live? It sounds like you have a lot of property!

22. profile image0

I am so laughing my a$$ of right now.  Anyone who came into this thread would SO not be surprised by the topic. 

Indeed, it's all going as planned.  BC, that sounds AWESOME.  I am glad you won't have to see "the social ones" in order to make the orb.  The pearls are a must...  They could even be utilized to spell the name of this craft.  I dunno what name yet.

23. profile image0

ohio...I have property in 4 different locations...one is very secluded by a lake and is approximatly 57 acres...we will be fine...we will just have to gather everything  and find an architect..I can draw up blueprints well, but I have never built a large house or group of homes...

This is working out very well! I live in Ohio! We're fellow nuts! I mean, Buckeyes! big_smile

24. Sara Tonyn profile image60

A name for the ship... Hmm... The flying funny farm?...

Okay, okay, I'll do better...

25. Sara Tonyn profile image60

I used to have a pretty big yard. Nothing like yours though! Sigh...

I love open country.

26. profile image0

awesome...now I will let you be in charge of going out to find us an architect ...since we are shipping most everyone off, we will have to colonize

Will do! I'll find the best one there is.

Where's Frank LLoyd Wright when you need him?

27. profile image0

Working on a name now.

Don't hurt yourself.

1. profile image0

It's too late for that now, Sara.

Rut-roh. See what happens when you think?

2. lorlie6 profile image74
        lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

28. profile image0

I can finally inscribe>>>>AND JUSTICE FOR ALL on something and mean it !

lmfao!

See? I'm tellin' ya, this is all fallin' into place perfectly! lol

29. profile image0

I can always call my doc..I have his cell and home numbers on hand at all times.....see, dont worry

30. profile image0

see, I never had "real" parents, and the doc and his wife could never have kids..Im one of their special patients..we have a bond...if I do get out i am always welcome at their house to ride the horses..I promise if someone is hurt, he will come

You seem to have a fascinating life. And, wow, are you talented. I was looking at the jewelry on one of your hubs. I LOVE it! big_smile

31. profile image0

Gonna have to sleep on it.  Best I got was:  Absurd Superbird 7.  Not quite right, though.  I also like the idea of using "transporter".  Getting closer, but I'm not satisfied with the results.  hmm

Let's call it a night then. I'm ready to catch some Zzzzzz...

I love this thread and all the crazies on it! lol

G'night all! big_smile

1. profile image0

Night, Sara and all.  I love this thread, too!  smile

32. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

I have a rare Mental disorder caused by a crossing of the optical nerve and the anal nerve.
    It gives you a sh*ty out look on life.smile

LMAO

LMAO

No Day Timers play on this forum like the Night Owls do.  I'm actually awake to see, b/c I never went to sleep.

1. profile image0

You never went to sleep???  sad

nope and still going.... maybe its the bipolar.... maybe its from my new addiction to HubPages

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are incorrigible.
      I highly approve.
      lol

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dan,My eyes used to be Blue but they turned Brown...
        My Doctor says it's cause I'm Full of it now...
        Yes,I Fired him....

33. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I was misdiagnosed as bipolar in 1998. Actually what happened was I was driven nuts from my extremely violent life, and all the lies and coverups that happened. I had to clean out all the skeletons and deal with the trauma. Then I started getting better, and got off the meds, went through horrific withdrawals, and eventually came out on top. I haven't been on meds, had any episodes or setbacks for 5 years. So I empathize with those who do have an illness, and I've written about it, advocated for it, so on. I really think it's important for the general public to become more aware of what mental illness really is to take the stigma away.

It's a tricky thing to talk about. Most of the time, in my experience, it's not wise. Particularly at work. NEVER at work. In time, you know who you can open up to and who you can't.

You've gone through a lot, Daniel. Congrats for making it through and doing so well now! smile

Your advice about the workplace is something we always have to keep in mind. Sad, but true.

2. profile image0

I'm sorry to hear you went through so much, Daniel.  I'm glad you've come out on the other side.  It's important more of us are advocates.  That's why I chose my profession.  Cheers!  smile

3. figment profile image74

I understand, relate, agree, and sympathize with you Daniel

34. skyfire profile image79

4:00 am in morning and i'm off, hi to all. and Bye.

1. profile image0

Oyasumi nasai, Skyfire!

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wan an

its five pm here in Texas

35. Rod Marsden profile image67
    Rod Marsdenposted 14 years ago

I get hit by clinical depression at given times. I need to set myself goals in order to cope. Setting goals I feel is very important. It is the advice I give myself and about the best advice I can really give anyone else.

If i set goals and don't accomplish them, i get more depressed.

1. profile image0

Set reasonable, mini goals, figment.  That's what I do.  I gear them towards how well Im doing at any particular day.  One long-standing goal of mine is to get out of the house at least once per day.  Some days it might be literally walking to the mailbox and back.  And, if I don't reach my goal for the day, I try not to get into that mindset of:  "Well, I blew it.  I can't do anything right.  I might as well give up on everything."  I just say:  "Tomorrow's another day.  I will do my best."

good idea... my goals tonight will be to eat and sleep.

1. Rod Marsden profile image67
            Rod Marsdenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is a Chinese saying that a great journey begins with but a single step. I think wordscribe41 has the right idea. Little steps, little goals and when you look back you may be surprised at how far you have come with your little steps and your little goals . Also it is nice to figure out rewards for yourself when you do meet a goal no matter how little it is. Rewards don't have to be big and expensive. It just has to be something you enjoy.

36. profile image0

I sleep from 4am till 2 pm..I am back..

I usually wake up every 2 hours inbetween though....tranquilizers do nothing for me...so Its daytime for me now

thats typically my schedule too

37. profile image0

I actually hate my sleep pattern..some days i have flashbacks and do not sleep for days, but nod off here and there for 15 to 20 minutes...

I hate PTSD...that is why I did not want to believe I had it and thought I was crazy...it took the state to convince me that I ws not crazy and I just have a horrid case of PTSD.

thats whats going on w/ me right now. no sleep last night, but cool experiment.  Night Time Hubbers are much more fun than Day Timers

38. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I never really gave it much thought! I never thought I had a mental disorder(depression) but my wife and my doctor did! Go figure!big_smile

Sometimes I admit it and sometimes I don't

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Fig I just take the pills.smile

39. profile image0

if I did not have the occassional flashback, which almost kills me when its happening, I would not have this problem...

yes, it has caused seizures, my heart has stopped 3 times, and now have a permanent heart murmur due to this..

although, I try to not look back on the life I have had to live, I did not ask for it, it was simply given to me..why I was chosen is unknown..

1. lorlie6 profile image74

PTSD is the sh*ts.  I am so sorry to hear of your heart condition and seizures, B.C.  Strange, I had seizures for years but no doctor  could find the cause...Hmmm. 
      My PTSD is 'around' the death of my father when I was 8.  No more seizures, but a vivid dream life with him center stage.

1. profile image0

mine stems from a seriers of events from the time I was born untill I was in my late 20's...

luckily nothing of mass horror has happened since, but I know there is more to come and I just live with it, knowing it could happen anyday, but if I dwell..I will never live.

40. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

AGHHHHHHH LET ME OUT HELPPPPPP

41. profile image0

yes, the blue prints are finished, now where is my helper, hopefully she is not stuck in the blizzard we got , again, today...

sad

42. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Um, I always hesitate to say much, but in case any of you find it might be helpful, here are a couple of bits of info that might help biochemical swings.

Phosphatidyl choline is wonderful for helping to reduce racing thoughts and hyperactive mind. Particularly when you can't sleep. There are actually three forms because some people don't assimilate one form as well as another. It works wonders. In rare cases, it may not work as well for some people because their systems don't assimilate things quite the same way as others.

The other is called Inositol. This stuff is a derivative from the Vit B family and does wonders to calm the nervous system, thus calm the body. It does help your body relax. I use it every day. You can google for more info, or I've written some about these things. Not trying to promote. Just trying to pay it forward for anyone who might find it helpful.

1. profile image0

Thank You, It will not help me, but it might be very helpful to many people on this forum. Very good information smile

43. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I have been taking I-Knowsitall here on the forums for awhile now but I haven't notice anything different - there have been some weird side-effects, tho.

44. wyanjen profile image69

Hi Daniel! smile

Please don't hesitate, and I'll vouch that you are not a spammer by promoting your hubs in this forum.
    You have a lot of experience and advice.

smile

1. Daniel Carter profile image62

Thanks, Jen!
      You're the cat's meow.
      smile

45. figment profile image74
    figmentposted 14 years ago

i like my racing thoughts and overactive mind at times

I think we all find it a rush at times, but there are time when you really wish you could find the off switch. I like being able to know where the off switch is when I need it.
      wink

Daniel-I know what you mean, unfortunately that off switch doesn't exist-from within, at least.
        I hate waking up in the hospital-or jail-finding out things I've done...I just have to take the meds to keep me even.  Boring, but cheaper than the ER and far less embarrassing. lol

I'm definitely with you, Lorlie!
          That's exactly what I'm getting at. Knowing what the off switch is, is mostly about experience in knowing what works.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Daniel!
        Where The Hell Is The Off Switch???
        All I have is this Button!
        People Push It and I turn into an A**hole!
        Please Help!

2. lorlie6 profile image74

Hear, hear!

46. profile image0

I have started to rally the troops, we will discuss plans in detail over a chili dinner at my house tomarrow..
    do not fear, my friend owns a giant plow truck and is not fearfull of the outsiders  smile..lol

lol
      how much snow, and is it headed to Detroit?

1. profile image0

yeah..the snow is coming from the south, Columbus got hit hard today and it has started here, Im only 2 to 2 1/2 hrs from detroit..so be ready to get dumped on again..

I will send my friend your way, there is enough room in the truck for all smile  lmfao

blech.
          Hey, we're neighbors! smile

2. profile image0

I'm so jealous.  Snow is one of the things I miss the most about the midwest.  It's pretty rare for us to see it here.  Granted, we can always drive up to the mountains to see it (poor me, I know), but it's not the same as seeing it falling from the sky.  My kids miss out on the excitement of cancelled school days.  Catch some flakes on my tongue, would ya?

My twins' birthday is tomorrow.  Off to get a present.  Back soon.

1. profile image0

Thats awesome, twins!...after I had my daughter, they found cervical cancer..removed it and said i could have more children , but would have to stay on bedrest for 9 months...unfortunatly 4 miscarriages later, they said dont bother trying, the lupus i was born with kept destroying the womb , thinking the child was a foreign object..

so I only have my one, and I got lucky and had her at 17, if I would of waited I would have no children..

I always wondered what twins would be like, my first and oly born had a twin , but her twin was lost at 28 weeks.

1. profile image0

I'm sorry to hear that, B.C.  Vanishing twin syndrome is pretty common.  Wow, you've been for a ride in the health department.  I'm so glad you're okay!  How lucky you got your child, what a blessing. 

My twins are a blast... they REALLY love each other.  My oldest daughter (10) is still getting used to the fact that they're staying.  smile 

I like the dog.  I kinda miss my super chunk cat...

47. profile image0

yep..I am up by Lake Eerie..but the compound we will have to colonize is down by Kimbolton, in S.Ohio....

lol

Wow! Quick pic change lol
      Cute doggy....

Well, I got the ship powered up. What the next stage of colonization

48. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I agree it's a smart idea not to broadcast it to the world.
    There is a good reason why psychiatric records are kept confidential.
    Employers do NOT need to know your mental health status.
    Although the stigma of mental illness has lessened -- a lot -- you really need to be careful. Some people still have prejudices.
    Same goes with "coming out" as an alcoholic or addict...

49. wyanjen profile image69

Hi MM

You are dead on about employers. but --
    I work for a small company that has very skilled people, which is why i got away with this I think... we have a low employee turn over.

My boss (the VP) is very much aware of my condition. He is not only understanding, but he helps me wipe my schedule clear if I have an appointment and he NEVER gives me a hard time if I get to work late.

If I hadn't come clean to him, I am sure I would be unemployed. I am very lucky.

We all need to come and work for him.
      Seriously girl, you are SO fortunate. I'm so glad for you.

I'm grateful every day - I mean it.

I think he understands about the positive aspects of BP though.
        He doesn't blink an eye when I finish up a full shift's production with 3 hours to spare lol

He likes the manic big_smile

I imagine so...lol

50. profile image0

well, we have to get to my large acres down in Guernsey County , Ohio and the builders must have at least a large common building built so we can monitor how our housing will be, some of us will gather , since everyone is gone and some of us will have to keep on planning and appoint who is in charge of what.....we just got to put our heads together...I got my friend with the plow truck ready ....lol

yeah, that is bella my helper dog when she was 9 months old  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)