jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

The best way of spreading Christmas cheer is?

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

The best way of spreading Christmas cheer is?

2. cherylone profile image94
    cheryloneposted 5 years ago

I always felt that wishing people a Merry Christmas sometimes backfires because not everyone celebrates Christmas and some people may not be able to afford to celebrate.  So I spread Christmas cheer with 'A smile and a happy greeting' so that I can give them at least a little sunshine in their day.

1. stricktlydating profile image82
      stricktlydatingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's sweet, thanks for your comment!

3. tom_caton profile image82
    tom_catonposted 5 years ago

If you need to ask, then I wouldn't be too worried about christmas cheer smile

4. Sinea Pies profile image78
    Sinea Piesposted 5 years ago

Taking the time to show kindness to others. We can get so self-involved and busy at Christmas. We need to slow down and remember others' needs.

5. sweetypie1968 profile image79
    sweetypie1968posted 5 years ago

Do something heartfelt like making an ornament or memory book.  Anything from the heart is better that the biggest "Black Friday" discount.

6. CassyLu1981 profile image84
    CassyLu1981posted 5 years ago

"Is singing loud for all to hear!"  hehehe  I love Elf the movie smile

1. lorddraven2000 profile image90
      lorddraven2000posted 5 years agoin reply to this

took the words right out of my mouth

7. DayLeeWriter profile image61
    DayLeeWriterposted 5 years ago

Taking a child Christmas shopping for 'secret' gifts for mom and dad...then helping them wrap it and watch their faces when mom and dad open their surprises... smile

8. bettybarnesb profile image60
    bettybarnesbposted 5 years ago

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to remember the purpose by praising God for Jesus and go out of your way to show kindness to someone who is hurting.

9. CrescentSkies profile image87
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Dress a herd of cattle in santa outfits and let them stampede in the city streets.

Or alternatively, if you "must" be so generic, sing christmas carols!

10. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

This may sound self-serving and I guess it is, but I have found the best way to spread Christmas cheer is to give to others.  We have a tree at the local grocery store for the nursing home.  People have things they wish for, sweat pants, magazine subscriptions etc.  We try to do a couple each year--it really feels good to do so.

working