jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (21 posts)

What do you eat for breakfast on Christmas Day?

1. Ebonny profile image91
    Ebonnyposted 5 years ago

What do you eat for breakfast on Christmas Day?

2. savanasandy profile image57
    savanasandyposted 5 years ago

Home made strata, warm fruit compote, muffins

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
      ReneeDC1979posted 5 years agoin reply to this

savanasandy what is strata

3. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

Either something light to tide me over til dinner, or while I am cooking Christmas dinner I sample here and there.  But, the funny thing is, when I do that I am not hungry for dinner!

1. That Grrl profile image70
      That Grrlposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you snack here and there you have been grazing all day. It's a good way to diet because you don't over eat, or at least you don't eat any big meals.

4. Nell Rose profile image93
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Nothing, I never ever eat breakfast! lol!

5. That Grrl profile image70
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

The last few Christmas Days I've been at my brother and sister-in-law's house. So I am very happy to have whatever they want to make. She likes to have the kitchen to herself and work alone. I just keep out of the way - but offer to help, once in awhile she gives me something to do.

6. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

Christmas Eve is the big feast for my family, so leftovers!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nothing like salmon patties, parogies and green bean casserole.

7. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Usually donuts and/or cinnamon rolls. Something sweet and tasty.

8. gaganbhatia profile image60
    gaganbhatiaposted 5 years ago

Anything, which my Mom bakes for me. Otherwise donuts.

9. GoodLady profile image95
    GoodLadyposted 5 years ago

I might eat the tangerine Santa left, with the cookie he didn't get round to eating on his plate. I might have some chocolates, if someone gave me a box of chocolates (and they usually do because everyone knows I love them).  But the one thing that I will have for sure is hot caffe latte with a slice of local Panettone.

10. Gary Holdaway profile image84
    Gary Holdawayposted 5 years ago

Gammon and Egg with crusty bread smile It's very nice.

11. gryphin423 profile image69
    gryphin423posted 5 years ago

Homemade cinnamon rolls and omelets, yummmm!!!

12. Bettyoverstreet10 profile image73
    Bettyoverstreet10posted 5 years ago

What ever my husband chooses to cook!!  He likes to do pancakes so that will probably be the menue of the day.

13. KaisMom profile image83
    KaisMomposted 5 years ago

Eggs Benedict is a Christmas tradition at my house.

14. faythef profile image35
    faythefposted 5 years ago

I usually do not eat breakfast..But Christmas morning..I do enjoy a cinammon roll with a hot cup of coffee as I dig into my stocking

15. safiq ali patel profile image72
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

A whole chocolate log all to myself sliced up and dipped in hot hot milk. Yummy so sweet the flavor of Christmas morning. Oh and add to that some mince pies too. Oh the calories. Well I go back to counting them around the 6th of January onward...

16. kohuether profile image74
    kohuetherposted 5 years ago

Fruit, because the rest of the day is such a heavy eating day I try to keep it light.

17. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I''ll let you know Ebonny in exactly one week from now.

1. Ebonny profile image91
      Ebonnyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

One week from now I'll probably be too busy stuffing myself to check back LOL.

18. Ebonny profile image91
    Ebonnyposted 5 years ago

On waking I will normally have some fruit, followed by a Christmas Brunch late morning - typically we have ackee and saltfish, fried dumplins, hard dough bread, fried eggs, bacon.    Oh well - eat, drink and be merry for in the new year you diet...

Thanks to everybody for chipping in.  So intereting to see the variety of answers.  I must say the cinnamon rolls sound good - I've never had these and may look for a recipe and change things up a bit for Boxing Day.