jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have any of you hubbers out there ever heard of a Christmas pumpkin?

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

Have any of you hubbers out there ever heard of a Christmas pumpkin?

It was a Halloween pumpkin. Then it was a Thanksgiving day pumpkin. It's still as fresh as the day we bought it, and I figured why not throw some lights on it, stick it under the tree, and call it a Christmas pumpkin. After all if Sponge Bob Square pants can be a Christmas ornament, then why not blend a pumpkin in as a decoration as well.

2. Minnetonka Twin profile image87
    Minnetonka Twinposted 4 years ago

I haven't heard of a Christmas pumpkin but what a creative idea. I think it looks beautiful against the Christmas tree.

3. Au fait profile image93
    Au faitposted 4 years ago

The Christmas Pumpkin by Debbie Reece, is a children's picture book.  The Children's and Teens' Book Connection on Wordpress describes it in part as follows: 

"The Christmas Pumpkin shares a valuable lesson with its readers– ”if you believe in something, you can make it happen”. The best part about this message, though, is that it is offered so gently readers don’t feel like they’re learning at all; to them, it’s just a great story.

This [story] is destined to become one of my favorite Christmas stories because it goes right to the heart and inspires children to have faith in themselves and their ideas."

Check it out, it sounds like a great story.
    http://childrensandteensbookconnection. … bie-reece/

4. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

No, mine usually becomes a pie before Christmas.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I say keep it around as long as it's good. Maybe it will last long enough to become the Valentine pumpkin.