jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What holidays do you celebrate besides the "Big" ones?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

What holidays do you celebrate besides the "Big" ones?

Do you have favorite holidays besides Christmas and Thanksgiving? How do you celebrate them?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

St. Patrick's day is a big one for our family. We have corned beef and cabbage, plus several different potato recipes. My favorite potato recipe is roasted red potatoes with rosemary and lots of butter.

We also like to go downtown to stroll through all the events and get a little crazy. - well ... we are Doyles, after all.

3. mio cid profile image49
    mio cidposted 3 years ago

One of my favorites is St. Patricks, and even though  we are not of Irish descent we have a  great corned beef and cabbage dinner.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

I love Easter; being a Christian holiday and the resurrection of course but also it has just been a favorite since I was a child. The coming of spring and then too all those pastel Easter colors I just love! Rebirth and bright colors! Makes me happy.

5. Arachnea profile image76
    Arachneaposted 3 years ago

I don't celebrate the big holidays, e.g., christmas, easter, thanks giving, etc. I do make every effort to observe the religious ones according to my belief system. I also take time off from work for days I want to call special.

6. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

We don't have any, especially not July 4th.. My husband, a Cherokee, says that any Native American who celebrates July 4th is a traitor to his heritage. Our office celebrates Bosses' Day and Administrative Assistants' Day, but sadly it doesn't celebrate Professionals' Day, so most of us get left out.