jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever been paid to write?

1. bayareagreatthing profile image66
    bayareagreatthingposted 8 years ago

Have you ever been paid to write?

How did you get a job that paid you money for writing?

2. DavidHill76 profile image61
    DavidHill76posted 8 years ago

I never had a job doing it; however, I have been given compensation for an article I wrote.

3. palmerlarryray profile image78
    palmerlarryrayposted 8 years ago

I get paid for writing all the time.  I got started bidding jobs as a content writer on rentacoder.com almost a decade ago and, once I built a name for myself and people started referring others to me, I have always been able to find paying clients. 

It doesn't always pay as good as a regular job.  It's mostly feast or famine.  Some weeks you can clear several hundred dollars and other times, you can go a few weeks with almost nothing.  If you decide to go into writing as your regular line of work, get some regular customers or have a back up plan. 

If you need help getting started or need ideas on finding the work, just drop me a message and I will be happy to help.

4. scentualhealing profile image56
    scentualhealingposted 8 years ago

Hello!
    Yes Im paid to write
    I write a Roller Derby 
    http://www.examiner.com/x-29340-Atlanta … y-Examiner

and a I just started writing fishing column
    http://www.examiner.com/x-40140-Atlanta … g-Examiner
    and the company I write for is awesome in giving us incentives and other ways to make more money.....

5. RVDaniels profile image76
    RVDanielsposted 8 years ago

It is how I make my living. I would not dream of doing any other work because I love to write.

6. erikmama profile image61
    erikmamaposted 8 years ago

Yes, I have been paid to write, but it has been through online sites such as this one. Of course all you have to do is register and start writing.I am a member of this site as well as Helium.com and Textbroker.com.I also am a member of a site called myLot.com that pays you to read and respond to discussions. It is a really fun site.

7. MrKaye profile image55
    MrKayeposted 7 years ago

Yes, I have written for several newspapers.  I was the editor of my college newspaper, which helped me get my first job as a journalist.  If you have a degree in creative writing or English that could help get you in the door too.
    Generally you will need a writing portfolio to land a spot as a journalist, but not always, sometimes you just have to ask.

8. sameerk profile image61
    sameerkposted 7 years ago

If you get answer let me know too. Even I have same question in my mind

9. Nera Woods profile image84
    Nera Woodsposted 7 years ago

Yes, I've two clients based in Florida, and they're my regular sources of income since I lost my corporate job. There's also this newly launched site which I wrote for this past week. I earned nearly $25 for two articles. I wrote about this in one of my hubs.

10. Jeff Cavallaro profile image60
    Jeff Cavallaroposted 7 years ago

I've published a few magazine articles, mostly from a technical slant. I spent a couple years exploring the process of special effects in movies and television, and was awarded the opportunity to work with Sony Imageworks to cover the creative problem-solving and technical achievements that went into making the special effects in Spider-Man 3. It earned the cover story for issue 14 for HDRI3D magazine.

I'm in the final stages of my first novel scheduled to be published in December. I love to write and was excited to finally have the time and direction to attempt something in long form. I've learned a lot during the process, and will honestly say the difficulty has been an order of magnitude greater than I expected. I have an entire new level of respect for those that write fiction for a living.

11. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

I've been paid to design patterns for magazines, but haven't submitted my writing yet.

working