Nonsense is the most sensible of them all !

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)
  1. GusTheRedneck profile image61
    GusTheRedneckposted 14 years ago

First, let me say that others who believe in the sanity of rhymed insanity are obviously related to me in one way or the other.  Further, we are all genetically deprived; that is, none of us are possessed of the "blue gene" that clogs the DNA of the hoi polloi, at least of those with grim or vacant visages.

Second, I am honored to be the first nut to post on this forum.  I think that, as opposed to Newtonian laws, I really did fall far from the tree.  Perhaps there was a big wind storm that blew the tree away from where I habitually hunker down close to earth.

As I look at the dial of my "knock-down" Rolex watch (it needs a new battery) I can (almost) see that I have overstayed here. Thus, I give this forum over to the next nut to sign on and type in some stuff.  Please do give it your best.  I'll check back to see what sort of nonsense comes about within a nonsense poetry forum, so make it better than is Post # 1.

2. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

what's with all these rednecks all of a sudden?
    sorry, I know no prose
    but I do enjoy "time off" and company of crazy people...
    nice to meet ya redneckguy.  smile

3. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Well...Gus the Redneck...You asked for a nut to step in to the next post behind you...and I can honestly say that I found someone to fit under the bill of that cap....Me!

That's right...if your looking for one Kook short of having all his "KOO-KOO" for Cocoa Puffs in the cereal bowl...that would deff...fall into my category. And...as an appreciator of many-to-all things with good ol' horse sense redneckism's attached...I must say: Welcome to Hub Pages...Gus the Redneck...with your 109 hubs...in 3 weeks...and your 12 hubs.
    I shall stop by your neck of the Hub World and see what you been so busy writin' on. Lest wise...you ain't on here pulling nobody's leg?

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HE HE, I was the first nut!! first time I ever got first!! lol
      but manly, you can write better poetry then me!!! oh yea, I meant to tell you this ages ago when the whole "stop  being an alter ego" thing happend...NICE TRACTOR!!!!!

4. manlypoetryman profile image81

Shoot dang...redneckwoman...beat me to the punch!

5. manlypoetryman profile image81

Why thank you...redneckwoman. You're the first person to come right out and post on that. That is why I put up my disclaimer on my profile page. Let me reiterate one for the record...if'n you don't mind, ma'm! "I is who I is...and I dang sure ain't nobody's...alter ego on this Hub world. That's for certain!"

Appreciate you complimentin' on the tractor...Yep, She's a good 'un for sure!

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no doubt. all's I got is a sears craftsman..thingy..it does its job, but I dream of real tractors. My hubby has a John Deer tat on his forearm. I like tractors....'bout the I am who I am..I know what ya mean. Im not ashamed of myself and feel no need to hide. Although, I probablly should.  smile

6. GusTheRedneck profile image61

Well now! Two new "redneck" friends all in a single day!  I have set another record of achievement for myself.  Goodness, you all make me proud and happy.

Manlypoetryman - I followed you to Texas more than likely. Got here in 1952. Don't have a tractor.  Wish I needed one. Last time I was on a tractor was when we were mass-planting trees. I went straight up a hill with planting lugs on the rear tires. The thing started to tip over backwards. Good thing for me that some of the crew jumped onto the front and kept that from happening. As I recall we planted close to a half million trees that spring.  Glad they did not have to plant me.

Rednckwmn - nice to be one of a large crowd of rednecks, isn't it? We have all become fashionable. Redneck used to be mostly a cussword, but not now.  Looking at your photo and that of our friend, manlypoetryman, you have given him and me a problem which we are going to have to try to solve.  We need to attract a young, handsome redneck guy to this forum so you don't have just us two gnarly old codgers to deal with. :-)

7. manlypoetryman profile image81

Now Here, Here...Gus! We might just be some ol' gnarly codgers at that...but that don't mean we got to be chasing them away...let the lady have her say on the matter. Sure...there's younger horses in the barn stall...but that don't mean she can't come out to the pasture and give the Ol' hoss...a hug around the neck! Besides...she's already hitched...and I'm quite sure her hubby keeps both barrels loaded for the young buck that goes around getting too friendly on the Hub World with her...if'n you know what I mean...

Glad to see you was able to keep all wheels on the ground during your episode of tree planting, Gus...By the way, your not going to ever be borrowing my tractor!

8. GusTheRedneck profile image61

Manlypoetryman... You made me laugh.  Here I was, about to ask for a loan of that pretty pink tractor... oh, well.  By the way, I enjoyed a pleasant trip to your profile page.  The next step is to travel through your many Hubs.  Right now, I have to get busy and put up one more "Redneck Recipe."  By the way, I had the idea, back a bit, that keeping the starting wording of Hub titles much the same would do wonders on the search engines. Turns out that I was guessing pretty good on that. My two "subjects" so far have been "Dumb Poems" and "Redneck Recipes." The poems I enjoy putting together, and the recipes are those we ginned up for our "Redneck's Kitchen" ( a spinoff from our Academy Central H.S. on the Internet and its own trademarked product, Redneck Rub(R) spice mix.) Both are going to help us raise some $$$ for our charity school.  Makes me happy that I have finally figured out how to go about it. (Takes a redneck a long time to do that, right?)

9. manlypoetryman profile image81

See...I knew you was one heck of a genious redneck...the minute I read your first post...although...you gotz to work on your color defining on your com-puter...that there tractor of mine is fire engine red...or were you juz' trying to get my goat...there pa'dner...? Good to see a redneck in action...laying down fence posts out around his territory out there cyber-space...Well done, my friend! That Hub title contraption idea of your'n is pure-"d" incredible...Mind if I take that idea and try it out...on the road...a bit? I'm deff going to have to sashay over and check out some of your Hubs...and those "Dumb Poems"...here in a little bit. Keep the nails handy in case the ol' tin roof starts a flappin' in the breeze. This is your good buddy, MPM...10-10...on the side...till the next one...

(Best of Fortune with raising Money for that charity school!)

10. GusTheRedneck profile image61

Thaks "MPM" - I was hanging around here awaiting the stroke of the hour when my compadres from the "Sampson AFB Veterans Association come onto the computer (each Tues/Thurs nite).  Saw your post.

I don't know if you checked Google or some other search engine, but "Dumb Poem" and "Redneck Recipe" both are up in the top 10 listed on Google (and even better on some of the other search deals...)  Certainly I would never object to you using that idea. What I plan to do with it is to install a link to a payoff Web site on my entries here on Hubpages in each of my Hubs. That, I hope, will get to be seen and hopefully used by those who click on the search engine links.  The links will all be to our Academy Central Web store.  That is a really nifty thing, that store. People can browse thru it and have fun that way.  They can also buy stuff at a nice discount there. Further, and even better for them and for the school, they can opt to have an identical store all their own.  That is why I wanted to get good listing on the search engines, and thanks to Hubpages,we did.  It was an experiment by dummies that smelled good and it worked. So, my nice new friend, have at it and the best of luck. Oh, yes, the pink tractor may be pink and not red because this computer is doggone near as old as me.  My computer was built by city folks on welfare prior to the time that transistors had been invented and before bread was commercially baked. ;-)

11. manlypoetryman profile image81

I surely have enjoyed talking with you a spell...and enjoyed meeting ya'...Appreciate all your info your bestowing upon me as well. Will be back in touch with you and your readings tomorrow...For me its' lights out tonight...got'ta be up before the first rooster crows tomorrow...and today has already been a long 'un! Later Gus...Sounds like we don't have to worry about your brain gathering mothballs...you sound sharper than a fiddle being plucked at by a pick ax...I tell ya'

12. profile image0
    philip carey 61posted 14 years ago

Poetry has made a king
    Of crazy men and any thing
    On we go and out we shout
    Because our poems declare our clout!

1. profile image53
      Teacher Actressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have taught students to write a nonsence poem.  Try one yourself.  It goes like this:  The poem has 26 words in sequence from A to Z.  You can make up a word as along as it is not vulgar.  Here is a partial example:  All brats climb doors.
      Every family gets happy.  Introduce jam, ketchup, lettuce, mayonnaise, nuts, olives, peppered.  Quiet rumors start trouble.
      Understand voting. Waiters x-ray yellow zebras.

Nonsence it is, but each sentence has something to say.

13. profile image53
    Teacher Actressposted 14 years ago

The nonsence poem was submitted by Teacher Actress

1. Richard VanIngram profile image61
      Richard VanIngramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Barnswallows -- do they swallow barns
      or yards of fresh, green yard,
      by the foot
      and mouth disease?

The liver cancers out the sun
      and liver seats the soul
      an a rainy day;
      who say's Cap'n Crunch
      peanutbutter is better
      on winter's sense blasted
      waiting room morning?

RVI

1. GusTheRedneck profile image61
        GusTheRedneckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey RVI... that was way too cool. And, yes, one time I did watch a barn swallow swallow a barn.  It took him months and months, and it gave the critter a bad case of hemorrhoids. Preparation H does not work on barn swallows. It only helps Horned Owls, and only then if they are capable of backing up to a mirror while holding a lantern. There is no known record of a sighting for such cures.

Enjoyed your comment. :-)))

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)