jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)

Are you writing on HubPages to help build a platform?

1. ytsenoh profile image88
    ytsenohposted 6 years ago

Are you writing on HubPages to help build a platform?

2. swb78 profile image60
    swb78posted 6 years ago

Yes, this is a great venue for aspiring writers to get feedback and build an audience.

3. KimberlyLake profile image81
    KimberlyLakeposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is a great place to gain readership and refine my writing skills by feedback and studying others work here on Hubpages

4. carter06 profile image80
    carter06posted 6 years ago

I began writing last year to fill in time while laid aside unable to work and now I love it and am thankful to have found hubpages which is helping me learn to write. And now I am definitely an aspiring writer, hoping to publish my final edited first novel, as well as writing the occasional article on hubpages.

5. Brandon Spaulding profile image57
    Brandon Spauldingposted 6 years ago

Yes that is part of my motivation for writing here. I have so much to write about. I am a good writer and enjoy it. I think writing is maybe the best way to learn a subject.

6. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image81
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

Yes I am. This is a fantastic site to get reach a wider audience and make yourself known

7. colpolbear profile image97
    colpolbearposted 6 years ago

Partially.  I'm on HubPages to improve my writing and because it motivates me to write.  It's also nice to have a reliable community of mostly scholars right at my fingertips!  I use it as a hobby too.  The platform is just a perk!

8. healthwriterbob profile image84
    healthwriterbobposted 6 years ago

Yes. I spent many years doing research aimed at discovering new drug therapies for various diseases and conditions. Now that I have retired from active research, I want to use my writing as a way to educate others about how the body works and how drugs work in the body. At the same time, I want to keep myself up to date regarding the latest advances made in science and medicine, and the research I do as part of the writing of a hub allows me to see the forward progess being made to address society's most pressing health problems. Interacting with the hubpages community of writers provides valuable feedback and encouragement as I pursue my second career.

9. profile image60
    inkslinger21posted 6 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by platform. I'm trying to collect things I've written in the past (some published, but to which I retained rights) and put them in one place to judge what they look like together, with a possible eye to eventual publication in a small tome.
    So it's really just an exercise in narcissism, and a bit of a motivational tool.

10. fernando d. profile image60
    fernando d.posted 6 years ago

to gave readers an IDEA, what they'll be reading if I publish the hard copy.(a book)

11. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

Like inkslinger21 said, I'm not clear as to what you mean by platform, but if your meaning is am I trying to build a specific readership, then the answer is yes. There  is a specific niche market that I'm targeting with the larger intent of publishing those articles as a series of print and e-books at a later date.

12. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I definately did start with Hub Pages to 'build a platform' but also to improve my writing skills as I had not done any writing for a few years. I'm almost ready to expand out a bit now. But one plan I have changed. I didn't know, when I joined how long I would stay with Hub Pages. But I enjoy the people, others' writings and the site so much that I'll be sticking around for a long time to come!

13. brielise profile image61
    brieliseposted 6 years ago

Yes. I'm currently unemployed and in an effort to do something with my time I'm trying to build a readership and some samples of my writing to show future employers.

14. sashas89 profile image68
    sashas89posted 6 years ago

Yes, of course. The more you publish here, the more exposure you get.

15. Twilight Lawns profile image82
    Twilight Lawnsposted 6 years ago

Dunno!  I just like writing.
    (and my answer was too short, so I had to write it again.)
    Dunno!  I just like writing.
    Long enough?

16. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

That was not my primary intention, but I realize that it can be a good platform builder, so yes.  I just wish that I would always have a great author's score which might help me seem really authentic.

17. BlossomSB profile image90
    BlossomSBposted 6 years ago

I hadn't thought about this, it's just fun to write and to read what others have written. However, I now see that there could be other, useful reasons for writing and perhaps I should follow suit. Thank you for making me think about it.

18. DeborahNeyens profile image99
    DeborahNeyensposted 6 years ago

Yes.  It's a great way to build a portfolio of writing samples, explore topics of interest, get feedback, and build an audience.  Plus it's a lot of fun.  I'm definitely not doing it for the money.  : )

19. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image82
    PDXKaraokeGuyposted 6 years ago

I originally started on hub pages to make some money. Now, I realize it's veyr difficult to make a significant living, but, it's a great way to work on your writing skills and build a name for yourself.

20. Y2G profile image60
    Y2Gposted 6 years ago

Yes, this site motivates me to keep writing. Motivation has always been a bit of an issue with me, so I'm glad this site has at least helped to fix that.

working