jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What motivators do you use to keep you writing everyday?

1. vparker profile image60
    vparkerposted 5 years ago

What motivators do you use to keep you writing everyday?

2. ashleeosborn profile image59
    ashleeosbornposted 5 years ago

I use writing to get out all these ideas that are constantly floating around in my head. If I don't write, my brain is just too hyperactive and I can't get anything else done. It's enough motivation to keep writing everyday that I have to get a couple things out of me for me to even be able to go to sleep at night.

3. Jenna Pope profile image60
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

I am trying to build a reader base. That motivates me a lot. I also like earning a little extra money for buying my grandkids little presents.

4. Christopher Dapo profile image77
    Christopher Dapoposted 5 years ago

Movies I watch, books I read, anything that inspires me as well as the constant drive to change things for the better - these are all motivational factors that keep me writing each day.

- S.

5. Levertis Steele profile image85
    Levertis Steeleposted 5 years ago

Reading is the best writing motivator I know. Reading feeds the mind that fuels the urge to write and write and write.

6. Deborah Brooks profile image78
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

My motivators are music and  reading and dreaming.. I dream a lot of my stores and poems. and every once in a while I will be watching a movie and something will come to me., II will be driving down the road and then I start seeing lines in a poem just come to me.. I have to stop and write them down.

7. rfmoran profile image87
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

Often I just start writing. Sometimes the creative juices start to flow and it turns into a Hub. Writing provides its own motivation.

8. MatthewLeo1701 profile image73
    MatthewLeo1701posted 5 years ago

Not that I need much motivation. I just love to write for the love of writing. I am writing more than ever before now because this is how I have always wanted to make my living. Establishing a reader base to show them what I am all about, and then unleashing my new novel upon them. Ultimately, I want my writing to set me free.

9. profile image0
    alloporusposted 5 years ago

The joy of it. There is just something very special about a sequence of words that come to you from somewhere unknown that have a meaning that was more than you ever intended.

10. Lizam1 profile image83
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

I need to write everyday and writing on hubpages being part of a writing community inspires so many ideas.  I am happier and more focused the more I write.

11. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

My first motivation every day is money. I want to get paid for my writing.

My second motivation is love of writing. Often, I am inspired by the paid assignments. I love to take some of them further.

On Sundays, my motivation is inspiration and support for my writing communities.

It's all good for the most part.

12. Tricia1000 profile image75
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

I have been learning much about topics that I thought I knew a lot about.  I constantly find myself thinking about the next topic to write about.  I have been the eternal student and writing is part of that learning experience.

working