Have you ever been offered a writing assignment because of your Hub Pages writin

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Joan King profile image70
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

Have you ever been offered a writing assignment because of your Hub Pages writing?

I only got an offer once to write an article for a company's website based on my writing on Hub Pages.  Just curious as to how many, if any, offers the writers here have had and was it worth your effort.

2. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No, but all my hubs are writen from articles I've had published in print.

Joan Kingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Even so you could still get requests, its just a matter of time and whether you are in a position to fulfill the request.

3. rafken profile image77
    rafkenposted 5 years ago

I was asked by a Pastor if he could use one of my hubs in his monthly magazine, I said yes with no charge. He sent me a copy and the article was credited to me. Another time I was asked to write articles for a travel magazine, I agreed and set a price. 3 articles were accepted. 1 article was published under my name but for unrelated reasons the magazine did not publish again. I did not receive payment and so I put the other 2 on hubs.
    If you want to write and get paid try oDesk or Elance.

While I did get offers to write travel articles there was no pay offered so I turned them down. The one I got paid for I was able to set my price and it was an easy transaction. Would like more of that.

4. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

Yes, I've used hubs as writing samples while applying for gigs frequently.  I would recommend freelancing sites or constant-content for selling articles.

I guess I am not ready to commit to to writing paid sites, but I don't mind the occasional offer to write for a fee especially if the pay is good.

5. chasmac profile image93
    chasmacposted 5 years ago

Not exactly, but a hub that I wrote about my experience with the paid writing site, TextBroker, was picked up by them. They liked it and linked to it from their Facebook page. Who knows?... Maybe their decision to send me some special orders was, in part, influenced by that hub. I'd like to think so.

That must have been good exposure for your writing.

6. profile image0
    alwaysamberposted 5 years ago

No, I haven't, but I have to admit that it would be nice smile

An offer like that does seem like a validation of all the work you do. You just have to keep on doing what you  are doing and opportunities will come your way.

7. Gina145 profile image83
    Gina145posted 5 years ago

No I haven't, although I haven't been here very long.
    To be quite honest I don't think I'd have the self confidence to take on a writing assignment but I'd be really happy if someone wanted to use one of my Hubs or even link to it from their site.

If you write you  already have all the self confidence you need and what have you got to lose? Take the plunge if it comes your way.

8. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years ago

Yes!  smile

As a matter of fact, I just received an email yesterday via my HubPages account by someone offering to pay me to write an article about their website.  I haven't had the chance to look over their site or discuss any details/expectations yet.

I guess it's rare, but it does happen.

I think this makes a good case against hubbing in a bubble.  Some hubbers prefer to just publish their hubs and leave without any effort to network or contribute to the HP community.

They may have good reasons for doing so; I'm not one to judge.  But for those of us who are looking to make a living as writers, this is a great example of how building relationships and being approachable can open doors to advance your career one little step at a time.

That is great news. Good luck

9. Krysanthe profile image95
    Krysantheposted 5 years ago

Yes! I got asked to write a blog for a website on a topic specific to one of my hubs.   I was beyond thrilled to know that the company even noticed, let alone wanted me to write for them.  They pretty much gave me free reign to write what I wanted on the topic, but it was on their time schedule.  I did it for a while, but then real life summoned and I had to write more on my own time frame than on someone else's.  All in all, it was a great experience.

When there are time commitments involved you have to have the time to comply and the payment has to make it worth your effort.. I agree, it is exciting to be offered a writing assignment.

10. Paul Maplesden profile image68
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

I haven't been offered an assignment yet because of my HP writing, but I have used it to win a bid I was making to write or edit from someone else.

My main business is editing and writing, so if I am putting in a proposal to provide a service, I'll sometimes include links to HP content so they can see the sort of work I normally produce. This has helped us to win a couple of big clients.

Yes, good content can certainly help you get good paying gigs elsewhere.

11. Missy Mac profile image81
    Missy Macposted 5 years ago

An educational company sent a link for me to submit content to their magazine.  I guess the company found my articles via Twitter.

That's nice. Did you follow through?  many of the offers I had wanted my articles for free. This is OK if you don't mind but I figure I already write for free here  so I would prefer  to make some real money for a change.

12. ArtzGirl profile image76
    ArtzGirlposted 5 years ago

I was offered a radio show interview based on my breakthrough research article called "Chemtrails: The 'Shocking' Truth".

http://artzgirl.hubpages.com/hub/So-You … on-Rampage

The 15 minute interview went so well that the radio show producer asked me to take my own 2 hour radio show, airing once a week.  This led to the ability to interview some of the top people who have dedicated a number of years in my topics of writing... and furthered my research.

Shortly after my radio show aired, I was approached by a couple of book publishers.  I'm looking into self publishing at this point, so this has been an interesting process.

The radio shows paved the way for more people to find out about my research and work.

---------

Get your foot in the door... and do this anyway that you can.  If I had only had a goal to write, then I may not have been open to taking the first interview which opened the door for me to have my own radio show.  Follow up on invitations.  You never know which door (or window) will lead you to your next major opportunity!

Very good advice.

13. allelsematters profile image72
    allelsemattersposted 5 years ago

I just got hired because I told them I write articles, anyways,it is not a writing assignment but I have to edit all the essays made by our korean students.

Editing is good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)