jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Who Like Poems?

1. Donnastl profile image56
    Donnastlposted 7 years ago

Hi guys, I'm really new here. I am an aspiring poet and I joined here because I want to get comments for my work. For the poets here, please check my poems and let me know what should I do to improve them.

I appreciate all comments (bad/good). Thanks!

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, I'm here for the same reasons smile I'll gladly take a look at your stuff, feel free to have a browse of mine too if you like smile

2. profile image0
      gothkittyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I like to write them to express myself, and like to read them to hear others do the same thing.

3. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There is no good or bad poetry. Poetry is expression of a thought, feeling or idea. How you creatively write is your own unique style.

I have written many poems and most of them are published on HubPages Hubs. My style is different than everyone else's and isn't bad or good, in my own opinion, because views are subjective to begin with, unless all bias is removed. That would leave only objective views, leading one to understand that creativity isn't exclusive to any particular writing.

2. manlypoetryman profile image64
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

Big Welcome to All New Poets...Good Fortune with your Poetry here on Hub World.

Cheers! It looks like it doesn't take off like other types of hubs do, but a few people are looking,and the feedback I do have is positive smile I'd like a bit more criticism really, to give myself a direction to move from where I am now, can anyone help with this? smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image64
        manlypoetrymanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just be true to your own style of Poetry...and...You'll do fine. It is a slightly different creature when compared to some of the other draws on Hub Pages...or so I've heard/seen. Don't really understand all the aspects to why...Just means us "Poets" got bring it with our "A" Game smilelol ..my friend!

3. SandyMcCollum profile image72
    SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago

Welcome! I have some poetry, too! Going to look at yours now. Have fun on Hubpages! It's a great community.

4. BEAUTYBABE profile image74
    BEAUTYBABEposted 7 years ago

Hi to the other "would be poets to be" count me in there as well. I have written a few of my own that I would like you to peruse and let me know what you think. I shall also reciprocate and do the same with yours. I am just as new to this adventure as you guys are, so we should all support each other in trying to improve on our poetry writing. Its nice to meet you all and I am now going to read your poems and I am sure I shall enjoy them as well. God bless all  love BB

Awesome, I shall check yours out now! big_smile

5. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 7 years ago

I like writing them but I don't really like reading them.

Ahh that's as maybe, but a bit of give and take is nice sometimes XD

6. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 7 years ago

Poems are one of my favorites. The poet uses special language to convey his innermost thoughts and feelings. I believe that poems can serve as windows into one's individuality and uniqueness.

That's why I write them, too.

7. Lifes Joke profile image41
    Lifes Jokeposted 7 years ago

Hey everyone i so love poetry i will take some time out soon to check some of you out...i also write poetry and i would appreciate the criticism..i don't know if i appear to be standoffish or something but i am so not getting any comments..(good/bad) i enjoy them all it just makes me a better writer...

working