Poem-Writing Keeps My Imagination Alive by Vidya D Sagar

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image82
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Please take some time to read very beautiful and interesting hub by Vidya in response to Brenda's word prompt 'writing'.

Here's the link to her beautiful hub:

https://hubpages.com/nt/0-0-5338872/?ur … pt-week-42

Thank you so much! smile

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello Vidya Ji!
      I liked reading about your journey as a writer, which is so much like my own. Going to the Library was so exciting in those days. It was like going to a treasure house. Exchanging books with friends was quite popular in those days. I remember, how I used to save my pocket money, to buy the books, or buy them at reduced prices from Connaught Place corridors, or from Nai Sadak, Old Delhi. Thank you for taking me back to those sweet memories.
      I loved your poem, which really sums it all up beautifully.
      Thank you for sharing.
      Thank you to Misbah too, for sharing this.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

When I was little we had a book mobile that came to our village once a month.

It was always exciting to go and pick out books to read. 
        It was like being at a candy store.

1. vidsagster profile image85
          vidsagsterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes Brenda, books were my best friends those days. Children today don't know that joy. They would rather watch TV. Reading books is a different experience altogether

Vidya
            Children today miss out on quite alot.

I makes me a bit sad.

True Brenda, it's sad to see children addicted to screens from such an young age.

2. vidsagster profile image85

Hi Chitrangada, thanks for the nice comments. I am happy that you liked my response. Yes the word prompt writing brought back those memories. In my younger days, my dream was to have a library of my own, with my favorite books. Now though I have a mini library at home with a collection of my favorite books, I hardly get the time to look through them. There seem to be so many distractions and responsibilities. But I never want to give up writing. Have a great day.

2. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy more writing with this group of people more so than the Political hardcore vaxxers.
      Vaxxers have destroyed my sculpture industry where I master my words by a 1000time by 3D artwork. At least catching up on my weak writing skills. Writing your thoughts down improve one's memory by 80%. Remember beauty is truth and imagination is more important than knowledge and encirle the Globe.

It's my birthday and thank you all for being here

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Happy Birthday, Castlepaloma. I wish you happiness, hope and everlasting joy and success. Wherever the year ahead takes you, I hope it's happy. Enjoy your special day!!! smile

Lots of Blessings to you!!

2. Misbah786 profile image82
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hello Vidya,

I enjoyed reading your very beautiful hub. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I enjoyed reading everything you have written but I especially loved these lines from your poem:

"Writing keeps my imagination alive
    Helps me create characters I admire
    I pour out what is in my heart and soul
    Money or power is not my goal "
                                                     ~ Vidya

Blessings and lots of Love!!  smile

3. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

A wonderful response, as always,  to Brenda’s ‘writing’ challenge. Well done, Vidya. It was good to read your writing history. Thank you for sharing the link, Misbah.

Pleasure smile

4. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Vidya
    In your article you share with us a few moments of your own journey on becoming a writer.

From the sounds of it, you used to read quite alot.

You tell us all great Writer's face rejection before becoming successful.

I don't think I know of anyone who hasn't received a rejection letter when submitting their work.

You say your dream is to become a good writer, and poet one day, but I believe you are already good.

I'm like you when I postpone writing something.   Unless I have started it, it doesn't go anywhere.

Plus I have some that only have a few lines...maybe I'll get back to them one day.

You tell us you don't suffer from writer's block because you are inspired by everything around you.

Ideas are always brimming in your mind & your aim in life is writing.

The Poem tells us that writing is your goal.

You write from the heart and take your inspiration from everything around you, following lessons from mother nature.

Writing keeps your imagination alive as you pour words out from your soul.

When the words come to life, dancing in your mind ...you feel yourself transforming.

You know writing is your calling and you determined to succeed.

Great job on this one.

I have no doubt your writing will persevere.   You definitely have what it takes.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

5. vidsagster profile image85
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Thanks Brenda. I am glad you liked my  response to this week's word prompt. I am lucky that I have friends like you, John, Misbah, Bill, Chitrangada, Peggy and others to encourage me in my writing journey on HubPages. The word prompt this week reminded me of my own journey, so I thought I would share the same with my friends here. I am really honored that you think I have what it takes to be a good writer. And I will persevere to better kyself. You are my inspiration to try poetry and I love creating poems now. Thanks for encouraging us. Have a great week.

Vidya
      Your words warm my heart.
      Thank you so much for your kindness.

The great thing about Hubpages is that we inspire one another, not only with our writing but with our every day lives.

I so enjoy reading your work and learning new aspects about your little piece of the world.

Yes Brenda. Likewise I love to know aspects about your part of the world which I admire so much. That's the thing about Hubpages that I like so much. It keeps us all connected.

6. vidsagster profile image85

Dear Misbah, thanks for sharing the link to my work  I am glad you liked my response to the word prompt. You are a wonderful writer yourself. I love your poems and articles. Your encouraging words made my day. It is tough to be a writer. Perseverence, determation and a strong will to continue writing are required to succeed at it. It makes the journey interesting with my beautiful friends here. Have a great day and week.

Vidya, you are very sweet. Thank you so much for your warm words. I always appreciate your love and support. You're also a brilliant writer, and I always look forward to read your lovely articles and poems. Much Gratitude! smile

Have a blessed Monday and a wonderful week ahead!

Blessings and Lots of Love to you!

Thanks Misbah. I appreciate your love and support too. The community here and the forum discussions are so incredibly interesting and informative. I am glad we found a way after comments  were removed. These discussions are really motivating. Have a great day. Love and blessings to you.

7. vidsagster profile image85

Dear John, thanks for your kind words. I am glad you liked reading my writing history. Actually you and Brenda are my inspiration to try poetry. I always loved poetry but did not have the courage to try and write one. Brenda's word prompts helped me try it and I love writing poetry now. Your good work here is a real source of inspiration for new writers. Keep up the good work. Have a great week ahead.

8. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I think you have written a very goof response to Brenda's prompt, Vidya. I enjoyed reading everything you wrote.

Thanks for posting Vidya's poem, Misbah.

Thanks Pamela for your kind words. I am glad you liked my response. Your response was great too, though I was not able to comment on the discussion as it disappeared from my feed. Have a great day and week.

9. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Books were always my favorite gift when it came to birthdays or Christmas.  I always looked forward to those gifts, and like you, was an avid reader. Great response to Brenda's prompt, Vidya.  Thanks Misbah for sharing Vidya's poem and background information with us.

Dear Peggy, good to see your encouraging comments. Books were my best friends in my younger days. They transported me into a different world. Thanks for the visit, have a good day and week

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)