Chitrangada Sharan's Response to Word Prompt ~ Writing

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Take a moment to read Chitrangada Sharan's work on online Writing.

https://discover.hubpages.com/literatur … A-Beginner

1. vidsagster profile image85
      vidsagsterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great response to this week's word prompt by Chitrangada. Helpful tips and interesting advise to new writers. I enjoyed reading the article. Thanks Brenda for sharing.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
        ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello Vidya Ji!
        I am glad that you liked the article and my response to the word prompt, Writing.
        Appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much. Have a good day.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like the way that Chitrangada listed her sources where one can go to look for further information on a particular point. Very professional.

Thank you Doris, for your kind words of appreciation. Always a pleasure to read your comments.
        Thank you so much for reading and sharing your thoughts.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Chitrangada
    In your article you tell us that it's difficult for aspiring writers to know where to begin.

Besides writing being fun, as a freelance writer one can earn money.
    There are a number of platforms where one can post his work, but Hubpages seems to be user friendly.

You can pursue online freelance writing while working at another job.

There's no need to have a special background to become a published writer.
    You only need a geniune desire to write.

You lists valuable points to help one in being successful with getting his work into print.

As you progress as a writer, you might find a special niche or topic that tends to interest you more.

When this happens, you will post more articles & others will look forward to reading your work.

You tell us a bit about your own journey being a writer.
    10 yrs on Hubpages is quite an accomplishment.

I'm so proud of you for sticking it out.

Then you tell us the more one writes, the easier it becomes and there are stories everywhere...we just need to look around.

Great article.
    I'll post a link in the word prompt article

Thank you so much Brenda, for sharing my article. I always look forward to reading your analysis of my work. This is the feedback, which keeps the writers going, including me.
      Thank you for all your sincere efforts. I really appreciate and admire this quality of yours.
      Many thanks and my best wishes to you.

Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Awe...that is so sweet Chitrangada.
        Thank you.

3. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 2 years ago

I always enjoy articles from Chitraganda Sharan!  Brenda, thanks for highlighting this one.  Blessings to you both!

Thank you so much Bill, for your kind words of encouragement and appreciation. It’s always a pleasure to read your comments.
      Thank you.

You are so welcome, Bill.

Chitrangada's work is terrific.  I enjoy it too.

4. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

I totally agree with Chitrangada that reading is as important as writing.  It actually comes first!  We all continue to learn as we venture into writing. Thanks for sharing her words of wisdom, Brenda.

Hello Peggy!
      Appreciate you for reading my article and agree with the my views. The best part of reading is that we always learn something new. Life is for learning. It’s so important to be aware of the things happening around, near or elsewhere. And, I agree with you that without reading, we can’t venture into writing.
      Thank you so much for your insightful comments. Much appreciated.

Peggy
      Thanks.
      We do read, but  I feel it's important for us to read other's work.

It helps develop our own voice.

5. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

You give great advice here Chitrangada, and speak from experience. An enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing, Brenda.

No problem John

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89

Thank you so much John, for taking the time to read and comment on the article.
      I have been reading and writing since my younger days, but online writing is slightly different. I am still learning, but wanted to share my experiences with others.
      Appreciate your kind words. Thank you and good day.

6. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading your very interesting and informative hub, Chitra Di. I started writing online as a hobby. Before joining HubPages I have written for couple of other sites. While Googling online writing platforms one day, I stumbled upon the HubPages website. Since I started writing on HubPages. I quit writing for other websites because HubPages, in my opinion, is the best platform with global writers. It lets me exercise my creative muscles and I love it. I love the community of HubPages. It's a privilege to be here with you all, and the opportunity to learn and converse with one another is an extra bonus. Thanks a lot for sharing this article. I really enjoyed reading it.

Bredz, thank you so much for sharing Chitra Di's wonderful hub. This is surely a very great response to the word prompt.

Blessings and Love to both of you! smile

No problem Misbah.
      Happy to share...share away.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89

Hello Misbah!
      Thank you for sharing your experience of online writing. Like you, I had also published on some other websites. But, HP is definitely better, in so many ways.
      There is no doubt that HP has helped me to hone my writing skills, and the support and encouragement by the fellow writers is something, which I didn’t find elsewhere.
      I had found HubPages, through LinkedIn. Someone had shared an article there, and I was impressed by that, and joined it.
      Always a pleasure to read your comments. Thank you for your good wishes. God bless you. Much love.

1. surovi99 profile image83
        surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

This was a great article, Chitrangada about online writing for beginners. Your tips and your experiences as a writer are a real bonus. Thank you for this awesome article.

Hello Rosina!
          Appreciate your kind words. So happy to read your comments. I am glad to know that you found the tips helpful for the beginners.
          Always a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you.

7. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

You’ve raised some great points in your article, Chitrangada. My favourite part was the sentence “One can never feel old, if the mind is active, and still enjoys learning new things.” I think that’s so true!

Hi Linda!
      Good to hear from you. I am glad that you liked the article. Appreciate your kind words. Thank you for agreeing with me.
      Have a great day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)