How to Grow the Indian Marigold Flowers, From it’s Dried Petals

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)
  1. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Chitrangada teaches us how to grow Marigold flowers from dried petals. And thats's not all, she also portrays how they are used effectively in weddings and various festivals. She also mentions medicinal benefits of these beautiful flowers. Here is a link to her article:
    https://hubpages.com/living/How-to-grow … ied-leaves
    I loved knowing about Marigold flowers, Chitrangada, from this article. I hope other readers will too.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Rosina, for reading, appreciating, and sharing this article.
      I am so happy to read your positive feedback. 
      Have a wonderful day.

2. bravewarrior profile image88
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Fascinating read. I had no idea marigolds can be grown by drying the flower petals. We have marigolds here in Florida. They're a good companion plant for herbs and vegetables because they help keep pests away. I'll have to try this method of growing marigolds.

And as always, Chitrangada's photography is stunning!

Hello Shauna!
        Great to read your comments. I am glad that you liked my article and it’s content.
        The Marigold flower is in fact a compound flower, and as such each petal holds a tiny seed at it’s bottom. When we spread the dried petals on wet soil, we are in fact dispersing tiny seeds with them.
        You are right that these flowers keep pests away.
        Thank you for appreciating my photography.
        Have a great day and Happy New Year to you.

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

This was a very informative article, Chitrangada. I never knew the ease with which marigolds could be regrown. Thank you for sharing so many interesting facts about marigolds and how they are used also.
    Thank you for sharing the link, Rosina.

Thank you John, for reading this article and appreciating it. I am glad that you found it informative.
      Yes, it's not that difficult to grow these beautiful flowers in home gardens.
      Thank you so much for your kind words and support.

3. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

The dried seeds from marigolds are easy to propagate.  I never realized how important they are in Indian weddings, etc.  If planted around other vegetable plants in a garden, they can repel bugs that might damage other crops.  I learned that from my grandfather who used to love gardening.  Thanks Rosina for sharing Chitrangada's article with us.

Hello Peggy!
      Thank you for reading my article and sharing your thoughts. Your grandfather was right about the benefits of planting marigold flowers along with other vegetable plants in the garden.
      I am pleased to read your comments.
      Appreciate your kind words and support.
      Thank you and good day.

4. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This is an excellent article, Chitrangada. I have grown marigolds often over the years, but never from did petals. I didn't know how popular they were in India. Your carefully spelled out the method for their growth, and your pictures are excellent.

Thank you for posting this article,Rosina.

Hello Pamela!
      I am pleased to know that you have grown marigolds in your garden.
      Yes, it’s easy to grow them with dried petals, because each petal has a tiny seed in it, marigolds being a compound flower.
      These bright flowers are very popular in India, and they are considered auspicious as well.
      Thank you for appreciating the article and my photos.
      Have a wonderful day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)