Im Thinking Of Writing An Ebook

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I look and look and look.

I buy and buy and buy.

Many of you know I love to promote with articles.  The thing is I look all over to find a good ebook to promote when writing about articles.

It seems though all I ever find is garbage.

I am thinking of writing an ebook on article writing and article marketing.

I am kind of hoping to use the good people here as a gauge to see if I should move forward with it or just forget it.

I know I could write a much better book then most already out there.

Anyways looking for feed back to help me make a decision.

Cheers

Dale

1. pooja0908 profile image60
      pooja0908posted 14 years agoin reply to this

nice idea.
      do it dude

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sure, why not. good luck smile

3. mr williams profile image59
      mr williamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should definitely pursue this goal. It's funny because I just wrote a hub about creating eBooks just seconds ago lol. Talk about destiny lol

Creating your own eBook puts you ahead of a lot of people. Most people are downloading and selling content they received from other people, lowering the value of the product. Creating your own product means you can sell it for as much as you want. Go for it man smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-simplify … eBook-free

2. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

You should certainly do it, I've got 12 50 page ebooks in development right now!

I say do it and don't look back, once it's done, you'll know you have a quality product that will blow the garbage out of the water...so good luck with it, I think it's a great idea, to have products built around experience and a brand.

Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Waynet

The more and more I think about it the more I want to do it.

I dont honestly have a lot of experience getting an ebook online but I can cross that bridge when I get to it.

Dale

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been looking at E-junkie to put my ebooks on there, it costs $5 a month I think to put some ebooks up there depending on the PDF file sizes and such and they have a built in affiliate program too which sounds good.

And of course Clickbank too is the obvious choice, it all depends if it's a free ebook or one people can buy.

i am really considering giving it away as a free book in exchange for joining my list on an article website I am considering building as well.

Will be full of tips, ponters and the occasional product that I deem worthy of putting up there.

However, even being free I sure as hell know it will be better than anything I have paid for

Dale

1. waynet profile image68
            waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep good idea, I'm compiling a how to draw stuff type free ebook, that I'll give away for free to build a list for a new site that hopefully will be live sometime this year, although it's like a game of chess arranging all the pieces of everything that I've mapped out for different things, it's about making sure to get on with it or I'll get lost in the thought of doing it!

2. livewithrichard profile image72
            livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a good idea Dale. An e-book can be viral and will grow your list faster if it's given away. Plus it's a good platform to promote some related affiliate links and also as a means to build backlinks for your site. You can do some up-selling with e-books too.  There was a great article a few months ago in Wired magazine about the benefits of giving away stuff with the ultimate goal of selling stuff.  I think it was called Freeconomics.

3. N. Ramius profile image74
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I'm thinking on writing an E-book that says up front it's filled with garbage and only about making myself money. Then I'll see if people will buy it anyway even though they know they won't get anything out of it.

Personally I'd never buy an e-book.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Call me old-fashioned. Write a quality e-book and charge throught the nose for it. Then upsell from there.

Dale you've gathered a ton of experience and know what a great product is. So create one and start making money from the getgo.

Honestly I've never trusted free stuff, because most of it is a crappy lead in trying to get me to sign up for something. I wouldn't even bother reading a free e-book, whoever wrote it.

5. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Despite trying, I can not agree with Nelle, I believe you should build a list which will be helpful in promoting products you launch in future.

After going through some of your hubs on article marketing, I have no doubt you will write a good ebook. So, if you think you can write an eBook which will be helpful for others, go for it.

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have a different approach. Learn adwords, give away "snippets" that are really helpful off an adwords ad that leads them to a squeeze page with nothing on it but the sign up. Offer a monthly or fortnightly newsletter for free as well. Then hit the list with your paid ebook. smile
    I can tell you from experience that you will have to give away your snippets at least 6 or 7 times before you will establish enough trust for them to buy.

7. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Hi Dale,

I have written an ebook which you may want to get some ideas from.I'm happy to do some sort of joint venture if you like. My thoughts when I wrote it was the lack of direction for newbies to get a broad spectrum on how to approach internet marketing. I sent it to a few people for free locally and dont have time to market it due to my day job. You can get a copy from my autoresponder by mailing to step-by-step-guide@durban-property-searcher.co.za or by going to the site page at www.durban-property-searcher.co.za/easi … -guide.pdf

I think its on my profile page if the powers at hubpages remove the link.

8. Mieka profile image61
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

Personally, I never spend money on ebooks at all. But I am signed up for several rss feeds and newsletters in order to get my hands on free ebooks. Not all of them are worth it, but some are very good. And if a writer can offer me something useful, I tend to use his links in the ebook to sign up for stuff (like hubpages, and other money making writing sites), so they do profit a little off of me.

I'm curious about your book, let us know what you are going to do and how!

9. Jen's Solitude profile image84
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Dale, I would be very interested in your e-book, for what it is worth. I think you should do it because of your knowledge and great way of sharing it in the written form.

10. Missi Darnell profile image60
    Missi Darnellposted 14 years ago

I say go for it! You have the knowledge, you said you cant find anything out there "good enough", you can do it better. Then seems to me you've already made your decision! I'm sure you could throw ideas around here and many will offer advice, opinions or kudos. Good Luck with your e-book!

11. vicky_prince profile image54
    vicky_princeposted 14 years ago

hi
    what your name

12. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Go for it Dale!

13. valbond profile image60
    valbondposted 14 years ago

I think giving it away to build your list is a good idea. but put a limit on it - eg only 100 available now etc, then in two weeks do it again etc.

Also if you restrict its availability, yo will be able to sell it in between the free giveaways.

14. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Good luck with it!
    It has been suggested that I do this too!

15. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Go for it Dale, I'm sure that you will do a really good job and that your e-book will be really successful.  Have confidence in yourself and go for it.

16. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

"E"-xcellent Idea...Isay "Go For it, too!" Best of fortune in your writings.

17. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone, the overwelming response has me thinking its going to happen.

I know it wont happen overnight but article marketing isnt going away anytime soon either.

Thanks everyone

Cheers

Dale

18. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Don't turn into Mohit if it gets good rankings.

Then you may start believing you are a prophet.

lol

19. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Dale do a "how to" eBook, then turn around and do the "same" book at the ultra novice level.  Or less breadth, more depth.  You know, for people who can barely use word processing and know only the basics of their operating system. The people who are most fearful, and least knowledgeable about the marketing options.  Maybe do screen shots on things like how to sign up for HubPages, how to sign up for AdSense, how to sign up for SheToldMe, etc.  Show one article posted to multiple bookmarking sites with original description.  Does this make sense?

It absolutely makes sense.  I should write the exact book I was looking for when I got started.

No techie
      No selling
      No hype

Just plain old ABC and so on and so on.

I am working on it but it is definatly going to take time.

Dale

20. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

"It absolutely makes sense.  I should write the exact book I was looking for when I got started.

No techie
    No selling
    No hype

Just plain old ABC and so on and so on."

It is a good idea. Go for it Dale. Good luck.

21. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

This does sound like a book worth reading.

The first E-Book I paid for showed me how to write and publish an E-Book. There are good products out there already, so I do know there is a market for them.
    I happily paid $150 for mine, as the advice was spot on and worked exactly as stated.
    There are a lot of rubbish books and E-books out there, but some gems as well!

22. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

earnest and waynet, I bookmarked your "how to" eBook hubs for my long list of future tasks to do.  Next I am doing my "sunforged" homework and doing the backlink campaign, maybe a couple small blogs etc to boost my hub traffic and get my AdSense on autopilot.  Then my next big undertaking may be an eBook.  big_smile

23. Jersey Jess profile image60
    Jersey Jessposted 14 years ago

Sure, why not!! big_smile Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)